Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Why Do Africans Love America So Much? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do Africans Love America So Much? (6819 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have never seen a people who rep a foreign country more than their own country. In Nigeria i always see people wear American flag clothes. I have never seen an American wear any African flag clothing. I have also seen black people wearing polos with Japan, Germany or America. What is wrong with us? America enslaved Africans for 300 years, why do you love them so much? They still neocolonize us too. Why do we admire our oppressors so much? Even African artists have their videos in Europe South Africa or America. They also flash the American dollar too. Also try and wearing American clothing. My question is why?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Agiliti(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
ever heard of stockholm syndrome?
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
This inferiority is not limited to Nigerians but it's worse with us. How do you blame us when we're a people that are constantly reminded that anything that comes from obodo America is the best and should be emulated.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva: This inferiority is not limited to Nigerians but it's worse with us. How do you blame us when we're a people that are constantly reminded that anything that comes from obodo America is the best and should be emulated.

I am Nigerian but i don't believe that. I wear African clothes all the time, eat African food, have African art, I do tourism in different African countries. I don't have this mindset but most Africans do. I am trying to change it with my site www.africanedp.com facebook.com/africanedp hopefully more people can buy Africa things.

As Agiliti said, we have stockholm syndrome and love of the agresser is very well in our minds.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
igbo2011:

I am Nigerian but i don't believe that. I wear African clothes all the time, eat African food, have African art, I do tourism in different African countries. I don't have this mindset but most Africans do. I am trying to change it with my site www.africanedp.com facebook.com/africanedp hopefully more people can buy Africa things.

As Agiliti said, we have stockholm syndrome and love of the agresser is very well in our minds.
There are very few people like you and it's good that you've taken it upon yourself to change the mindset of Africans.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
igbo2011:

Maybe you should stop using the language of the oppressor and type in Igbo. Or stop using the internet , Watching TV, opening a website, using facebook etc

Since they are all inventions of the Americans/Whites

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Maybe you should stop using the language of the oppressor and type in Igbo. Or stop using the internet , Watching TV, opening a website, using facebook etc

There's nothing wrong with using inventions made for mankind but always use it to project your own heritage. This is a no brainer. use your brain.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Adufaye(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
cus d white r god
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
Not peculiar to only Africans. When I was in the middle east, I noticed the same thing. If not for religion, most of the youths there prefer to dress like Jay-Z, 50 cent et al, and they love when you speak with the American accent. I also noticed the same thing when I was in Thailand too.
The US has the most influential media and entertainment industry in the world. Hollywood, Pòrn Valley, CNN, FOX, Times, Hip Hop, Facebook, Twitter, Google. . . Sometimes you can't help but believe in the illuminati conspiracy.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

I hate when people say that. How about whites stop using math, science, architecture, philsophy, and physics since Africans invente it. THe anceint Egyptians taught and civilized the Ancient Greeks. Africans civilized the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk50p7YdK0

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
There's nothing wrong with using inventions made for mankind but always use it to project your own heritage. This is a no brainer. use your brain.

You are genetically senseless the OP is criticising people for wearing American made clothes why not reject every American invention
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

You are genetically senseless the OP is criticising people for wearing American made clothes why not reject every American invention
You see why i said that you'll be of greater use being a capenter. There's a difference between producing something and inventing something. The OP wasn't really even talking about production but about the content of the production. Isn't it better to have "African" written on your shirt than have "American" written on it even though you're not the latter.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
You see why i said that you'll be of greater use being a capenter. There's a difference between producing something and inventing something. The OP wasn't really even talking about production but about the content of the production. Isn't it better to have "African" written on your shirt than have "American" written on it even though you're not the latter.

igbo2011: . Also try and wearing American clothing. My question is why?

You see when people call you daft its not like they are abusing you, they are just defining your state of mind.

I know say you be dropout but ask people wey sabi read to translate for you

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

You see when people call you daft its not like they are abusing you, they are just defining your state of mind.

You're a very shallow person. Wearing American clothing doesn't necessarily mean a clothe made in America but a clothe that has African content.

I have never seen a people who rep a foreign country more than their own country. In Nigeria i always see people wear American flag clothes. I have never seen an American wear any African flag clothing. I have also seen black people wearing polos with Japan, Germany or America. What is wrong with us? America enslaved Africans for 300 years, why do you love them so much? They still neocolonize us too. Why do we admire our oppressors so much? Even African artists have their videos in Europe South Africa or America. They also flash the American dollar too. Also try and wearing American clothing. My question is why?
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
^^ You are too daft to be writing on a public forum without supervision

Try get a brain or ask someone with a brain to help you out
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by MrGlobe(m): 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
the op has his own personal issues with America and he should deal with it personally.

This was the same folk that asked us not to vote Obama. lol.

Yes Africans love America. The land of the free.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

I am not a dropout just because I made one mistake doesn't mean anything.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ You are too daft to be writing on a public forum without supervision

I have two brains. The one inside my head and the toy one i bought to lend out to mentally impoverished individuals like you. Do you care?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:
the op has his own personal issues with America and he should deal with it personally.

He's referring to imperialism and nothing else. Let's focus on that.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Look at the way the American media portrays Africa. Look at how they enslaved us. How England olonized us. Look at how Belgium raped and cut off hte hands of Africans. Why would you love people who have done so much harm to you? It is stockholm syndrome.

Also Obama has a very aggressive foreign policy against Africa. He is going to put troops in Africa next year. Do you still love him?

I bet that America would go to war with Nigeria and kill 10 million and Nigerians would still worship them. Our mindset is messed up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by dayokanu(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
igbo2011: I am not a dropout just because I made one mistake doesn't mean anything.

Dem ask "Which kain vegetable you dey sell" He responds "I didnt get mine from the dunghill"

Why are you being overtly defensive no be only you be dropout, Afam sef follow So you are in good company

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
I have two brains. The one inside my head and the toy one i bought to lend out to mentally impoverished individuals like you. Do you care?

Are you serious? You get 2 brains? Dropout. Better go attend to customer and sell your "markate"

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you serious? You get 2 brains? Dropout. Better go attend to customer and sell your "markate"
My markate is online. What do you do for a living apart from being jobless grin?
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by dayokanu(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
My markate is online. What do you do for a living apart from being jobless grin?

Your oga put you for shop in Alaba you no face markate, Na Nairaland you siddon put. Dropout. You wan dropout for Oga shop too?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by cashmentor(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
igbo2011: why?
because those who built the Foundations of America, set it upon the Doctrines of God.... Plus, America is a Prophesy in the scripture (though not Mentioned by Name), but surely a Nation that was spoken of, to spring up during the times of Great Trials and Challenges! America is both The Good, The Bad and The Very, Very Urgly!
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by cashmentor(m): 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Check this Article Out, might do u some good! Long reading though.
http://www.raptureready.com/rr-america.html
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by EkoAtlantic1(f): 1:14am On Dec 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Your oga put you for shop in Alaba you no face markate, Na Nairaland you siddon put. Dropout. You wan dropout for Oga shop too?

LWKMDFFAMA
Laugh wan kill me die, fell from Aba made aeroplane

grin cheesy grin

Dayo guy has been tearing this omo Igbo apart intellectually since 1967 grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by nagoma(m): 2:01am On Dec 29, 2012
America is heaven to them. They go as far as clinging to plane wheels so that they can go to oyibo land. Crossing the sahara on foot and floating in deadly boats in open seas hoping to reach oyibo and. All is true but I don't know the reason. I can't help you.
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by ektbear: 2:33am On Dec 29, 2012
Most people want to be associated with success (America).

Very few want to be associated with failure (most of Africa).
Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by igbo2011(m): 3:39am On Dec 29, 2012
ekt_bear: Most people want to be associated with success (America).

Very few want to be associated with failure (most of Africa).

Africa has had some of the most civilized and best empires this world has EVER seen. Kemet, Kush, Nubia, Benin, Nri, Songhai, Mali, Monotopia, etc. We were doing amazing things and we civilized the world. Africans have been successful in the past. So why not associate success with Africans?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by White007(m): 3:52am On Dec 29, 2012
I hate when people derail thread that will make for good intellectual discourse.

I can't by any stretch of the imagination fathom why this Dayokanu of a guy have to sneak "ibo" into this. Is it primordial or something?

It's a pathetic waste of intellect when bigotry overrides common sense.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love America So Much? by braine(m): 3:55am On Dec 29, 2012
dayokanu: ^^ You are too daft to be writing on a public forum without supervision

I can help with that bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bp Oil Spill: America Going Too Far? / Breaking News: Japan Hit By A New Earthquake Of 7.4, Tsunami Warning Issued / Updated: Coup D'etat In Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.