Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes (24169 Views)

Nigerians React As President Buhari Resumes Office Today / President Muhammadu Buhari Resumes Office, Sends Letter To Senate / The Protest Will Still Go On Without 2baba -EIE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:56am On Feb 01, 2017
grin it's a long story but if you have time, please read it.
FROM NIGERIA CBN GOVERNOR
Pls read this, I copied it. Mr. Godwin Emefiele’s Report: Quote
“It is either I do not understand economics and how exchange rates work or a vast majority of us Nigerians still don’t get how we have wrecked our country with our own curious choices.
Just this morning, I was listening to the radio and the lady on air went on and on about how she thought CBN governor, Godwin Emefiele was incompetent and should be sacked because the Naira was now exchanging at 309 or so to the USD.
“That view pretty much echoes the sentiments expressed by many people I know and it amazes me that there are Nigerians who actually think there is some magic POLICY that can make the Naira strong in the near term. If my economics and my understanding of the way the world works are right, then that is as far from the truth as Jesus Christ is black.
“The simple fact of the matter is that apart from oil that accounts for over 90% of our revenues, we really don’t have much of an economy. We hardly produce anything, we import even toothpicks, so exactly what policy is going to be implemented that will turn Nigeria into a top exporting economy in the near term? Where are our Apples, IBMs, Disneys, GMs, General Electrics, Coca Colas, Empire State buildings, Statues of Liberties, Lockheeds, Citibanks, JP Morgans, ExxonMobils, NBAs, Super Bowls etc? Let me bring that closer home.
“There was a time long ago when Nigeria had a truly strong economy and the naira was one to the dollar – even exchanged for higher than the USD, but that Nigeria is not this Nigeria. Sadly that Nigeria was laid by the British, and this Nigeria (if you don’t believe in the nonsensical imperialist conspiracies like me) – fueled by the DAMAGING Indigenization Decree, has been the creation of us Nigerians.
Back then we had a booming economy.
We were either the top, or among the top exporters, of timbre, cocoa, groundnuts, rubber, palm oil, etc, in the world. Nigerians not only holidayed at home in their villages, at Yankari Games Reserve, at Obudu Cattle Ranch, at Oguta Lake, at Ikogosi springs, at Gurara Falls, at Mambilla Platueau, etc, we attracted international tourists who brought in loads of foreign exchange. Even Nigerian schools were foreign exchange earners because they attracted foreign students.
“We had different car assembly plants – Peugeot, Volkswagen, Anamco etc. Nigerian government officials only bought vehicles assembled in Nigeria for official cars. We had a thriving sports industry. We were not Man United or Chelsea fans, we were Rangers or IICC fans. We had the Nduka Odizors, people made money from sports. We also had companies like Lennards and Bata producing school shoes in their thousands, we had the thriving Nigerian Airways and the Aviation School in the north that produced some of the best pilots in the world. In those days if you were brilliant you were respected much more than the crass money-miss-road contractors of today. Most of the Aje Butters I knew had fathers who were university dons. Back then it meant something to ‘know book’. Our textile industry was alive and well. Just recently I watched a news report on the textile industry in Nigeria on CCTV News. Though the main focus was on the comatose status of the industry, I was stunned by the gigantic Kaduna Textile Mill built in 1957. I could go on and on.
“Today however, no thanks to our parents (and we must call them out the way Wole Soyinka did his generation) and many of us (and we should be remembered for failing our children if we continue like this), we have destroyed everything. Today for instance Nigerian football (which comes easy to me obviously) doesn’t appeal to us, we have to fly across thousands of miles to watch ‘our’ clubs play. Every year we collectively burn billions of Naira being fans of clubs that give us nothing back, but some ‘entertainment value’ – simple pleasures for which we are ready to destroy the future of our children.
“Well people, payback time is here. Even with our ta-she-re money we all want to wear designer clothes and carry designer bags, Armani, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton etc. We all want to drive jeeps with American specs, our children must now school overseas and acquire the necessary accents to come back home and bamboozle their ‘bush and crass’ contemporaries that they left behind. Who holidays in Nigeria anymore, is there Disneyland here? No one buys made-in-Nigeria school bags for their children, after all no Superman or Incredible Hulk or Cinderella on them.“We are no longer top exporters of anything and the demise of oil means we have zilch… zero. A country of 170M fashion-
conscious people has no textile industry. We take delight in showing how our made-in- Switzerland Aso Ebi is different class to everyone else’s. When we help our musicians grow and pay them millions, they repay us by immediately shipping the monies overseas to produce their “i-don-dey-different-level” music videos. It makes no difference that distinctly Zulu dancers are dancing to a Nigerian highlife song.
“As stars concerned they also wed and holiday overseas to impress us all. All the musicians who acknowledge their Ajegunle roots now speak in a cocktail of strange accents to symbolise how much they have blown their monies overseas. Were we a more serious people, the highly popular Kingsway Stores of the past would probably have a thousand outlets pan Nigeria today supporting a massive agriculture industry among others, but today we have the likes of SPAR, Shoprite, dominating the retail industry while Kingsway is dead.
“And we Nigerians make it a
special point to shop from the Oyinbos who have ‘cleaner shops’, ‘better this and better that’. For our personal pleasure we don’t mind them dominating us in our own backyard and shipping proceeds overseas. I could go on and on, but I don tire. Even as you are reading this, stop for a moment and look around you. What you see will probably explain why we are lucky it is not N1000 to the USD yet. And don’t think for a moment that it cannot get there.
“Just continue to wear your
Armani gear and Swiss-made
lace, continue to spend your
money on Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Barca and encourage your children to do same. (My article tomorrow in my Saturday column in This Day is on the Nigerian champions Enyimba FC – Nigeria’s most successful club – not having a
sponsor, yet Nigerian brands pay over N600m to Man United and Arsenal for sponsorship to impress us.) Ehhh, no problem, continue to tell me the NPFL is rubbish or the clubs should clean up their act if they want sponsorship, mo gbo .
“Don’t curtail your interest in
choice wines ( we were the
number one champagne
consumers in the world in 2015), continue to love your American specs, cheer the education ministry for letting schools sink to pitiable levels, don’t fight them to improve our schools, don’t chide them for letting schools drop Nigerian history and embrace British, America and whatever else curricular.
“Carry on with your love of
French wines and Chinese silk, don’t bother about Jamiu Alli when there is Roger Federer.
Stock up on your Italian,
American, British products which you cannot live without, including the ‘baby soft’ toilet rolls produced only in that small unique village in England – the days are long gone since you were a broke student who used wet newspapers to wipe your butt.
“Don’t even consider holidaying in Nigeria, it’s too dangerous – you have to fulfill your dream of being Nigeria’s Henry Ford. Don’t listen to people like me who have a wardrobe full of only cheap adire that is actually cheaper than just one of your Tom Ford blazers. Please keep dressing in fine silk made in some exotic place so you can be addressed accordingly.
“Finally keep letting corrupt
leaders who have looted your
commonwealth and shipped all the monies overseas get away because to attack them does not fit your political narrative. Let us continue with the fine life, let us all continue to work for Oyinbo.
But don’t forget that there is a payback time: Worth sharing again. I must equally add, there is nothing wrong in wearing designers but it's the misplaced priority over the lives of children and the economy of a whole nation.
Remember that Because you can afford it, does not make it compulsory to have it.
Pls pass round until it gets to all.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by ndcide(m): 11:06am On Feb 01, 2017
We know that government zombies are pulling all the strings to ensure the protest do not hold.

Shifting the date could be an own goal.

6th is a working day, and buhari can return at night.
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by wink2015(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2017
The so called protest will achieve NOTHING whether Buhari is around or not.

What Nigeria need for development is through federalism and resources control by the regions.
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by emajoe: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2017
devilson:
this is a smart move from the organisers of the protest.buhari would be given a vert befitting welcome party cause we are tired of his failed government
That is if the President (sorry, PRESIDENCY, ON BEHALF OF THE PRESIDENT) does not "CHANGE" the latest return date of 6th.
Do not make like INEC, .......inconclusive!
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 01, 2017
"the people have hoped for a better Nigeria since 1999 but things are not getting any better for the majority. We are still where we are – poor and desperate. I will no longer be quiet”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/2face-idibia-states-reasons-plans-nationwide-protest/

The talk don dey change small small..fine if the protest na frm 1999 no yawah, u be my man, when i reach may 2015, i go wish you goodluck and farewell!
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by remirez07(m): 11:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
you must be a kid for not knowing the root cause of your problem,
what you are seeing now is as the result of the past leaders.
they dont plan, what they know, is to consume without making future plan for what you wil eat tomoro by planting even the smallest seed today.
hey john boo, what's the future plans of this failed government? Smile.. Tell us.. The whole world knows that PMB is a scam, APC lied.. . The worst president in Nigeria history.
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by kabrud: 11:49am On Feb 01, 2017
kanayogod:

Another Lying Mohammed spotted! #51Tri wetin? Hw much was our budget for 6years, charlie?

In every budget, there is usually a modest price oil agreed upon called benchmark. For the 6yrs, the actual prices of oil was almost double this benchmark. What happened to the excesses?
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
No shaking!... Let's teach the d.umb nomad how things are done in sane climes!
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Zenlife: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
they dont plan, what they know, is to consume without making future plan for what you wil eat tomoro by planting even the smallest seed today.

Both past and present!
If not curtailed now, the future may also be mortgaged today.
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 12:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
I hope Govt wil treat these protesters as militants, they hail
activities of militants on Nigeria's economy
simultaneously blaming govt for economic collapse, wat
sort of hypocrisy is this?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by arsenal33: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Soneh:

Aren't you tired of the blame game.In case you forgot ,a litre of petrol incresed by over 50%,a litre of kerosene by over 300%.The value of naira fell by over 100%.let's not even go into the price of foodstuff in the Market.If after a sincere soul searching you still feel this present govt should be absolved most of the blames then you definitely need the anti zombie serum.
And you are blaming too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by clickwtB(m): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
Bugatie:
Good,the way the economy has deteriorated, I'm sure even Buhari himself will join in the protest against his own govt.

It's time to ensure adequate security for Tubaba to avoid story that touches.

Zombies need to wake up and be patriotic for once, the planned protest is not against Buhari but against injustice, bad governance, oppression and everything evil.

I stand with Tubaba, I dunno about you
High level of stupidity is to suggest that PMB will join a protest against his own goverment!pls get a brain!
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good, the protest should start from the airport, once buhari lands, Nigerians should let him know our minds personally.
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Igba123: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Soneh:

In as much as our past leaders can't be completely absolved of the blames for the mess we find ourselves today ,we can't just take away the fact that the Buhari's govt is just worst and full of deceit .Even though I wasn't born during his first stint as the head of states but all records at that time points to almost the same kind of scenario playing out today .Remember lightening doesn't strikes at the same spot twice.
I witnessed his 1st regime and my broda it's better imagined than experienced. Don't mind d fuuls around here. For me, I can't dignify their fuulishness by quoting dem.
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
clickwtB:
High level of stupidity is to suggest that PMB will join a protest against his own goverment!pls get a brain!

Obviously you didn't realize that was a figure of speech.
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by iwatch: 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
bros, previous government have not been planning and Buhari ruled in one of those government but we have never had economy nose dive so badly like this until now.

Be objective for once and not being sentimental. Remember this same people in power TOLD I and YOU that they can do WONDERS... They NEVER said previous government did this or that during campaign. So why complaints now?
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Jesusloveyou: 12:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
ikgabriel:

Things were never this bad then!
because gej did not pay contractors,subsidy claims,he could not bailout indebted state,
he only mismanage 30tr naira for 5yrs by importing virtually everything, even oyibo Poo.
did you want us to continue in that direction of importing everything to our own detriment?

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Jesusloveyou: 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
remirez07:
hey john boo, what's the future plans of this failed government? Smile.. Tell us.. The whole world knows that PMB is a scam, APC lied.. . The worst president in Nigeria history.
that is why pmb is stil the best president nigeria ever had.
by next year,we wil be exporting virtually everything even rice and fuel.
we are building more 3 dam this year to take care of power promblem and irrigation for food production.
that is a great plan to make nigeria great.

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by mark2sunny(m): 1:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
if you are building a house, did you start from d roof before the foundation?.
buhari always want to start building nigeria from foundation and four year is not enough to even lay the foundation.
the journey of 100 years of nigeria greatness has just begun.
that means people like you that want to protest for bring back corruption wil stil cry for the next 6yrs.

How much did they pay u to talk trash? Just listen to yourself. On what is your defence of President Buhari based? What happens to all the recovered loots pls. How come non of he's ministers has ever been implicated in all this anti corruption fights. Don't you feel disappointed that the man you voted into power doesn't even know what governance is all about?

You seem to be consoling yourself. What makes you wise is knowing you made a mistake and accepting while looking for a solution. How come Nigeria's economy got crippled the moment he got into power.

What about he's appointments? You and I know he used his appointments to pay back those that supported and funded he's election.

And how come there's no sign of relief at allllll. Nothing is working in this country. If you live in Abuja you would realize that most government owned institutions and organizations are now run by the fulani's. I mean people who barely know their left from their right.

It's up to you to keep blaming...

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
:/This whole issue, of us having that ghost of a failure we call president is the fault of nigerians. It is only a dog that goes back to his vomit and that is what he is. I am coming out on the sixth to protest #2baba

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Likei(m): 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2017
ybalogs:
If you had 3 words to tell Buhari, what would that be?

Mine: Are you OK?

3 words "let Biafra go"
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by famzynet: 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
This protest must hold ooooooooo! I have been waiting for this. Enough is enough! Let it even be a two days protest: 5th and 6th. Me I go follow.

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Marius26(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
buhari always want to start building nigeria from foundation and four year is not enough to even lay the foundation.
that means people like you that want to protest for bring back corruption wil stil cry for the next 6yrs.I Wonder if all these is to justify the hardship in the country? We are suffering and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel with the way the government of the day is managing the country. We need to call a spade a spade, I just can't afford to be dying and smiling simultaneously just to defend someone who faked his credentials to assume power, besides he even failed mathematics in the very result he claimed, therefore if he wants to start from the scratch he should just go and enroll in a good pre- nursery school of his chosen. We will protest!!

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by jpphilips(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
Bugatie:
Good,the way the economy has deteriorated, I'm sure even Buhari himself will join in the protest against his own govt.

It's time to ensure adequate security for Tubaba to avoid story that touches.

Zombies need to wake up and be patriotic for once, the planned protest is not against Buhari but against injustice, bad governance, oppression and everything evil.

I stand with Tubaba, I dunno about you

Has Tubaba told you what he is protesting for? how did he miss the itinerary of the president before calling for a national converge?
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Marius26(m): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
I Wonder if all these is to justify the hardship in the country? We are suffering and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel with the way the government of the day is managing the country. We need to call a spade a spade, I just can't afford to be dying and smiling simultaneously just to defend someone who faked his credentials to assume power, besides he even failed mathematics in the very result he claimed, therefore if he wants to start from the scratch he should just go and enroll in a good pre- nursery school of his chosen. We will protest!!

[/quote]
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by jpphilips(m): 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
that means people like you that want to protest for bring back corruption wil stil cry for the next 6yrs.

Young man, you can't stop people from protesting when they feel their miracle is not happening in a hurry, same people who don't protest in churches when the windows of heaven refuse to open after tithe
Look around you and tell me why any sane mind should blame the government, Travelex $$ is 320naira, people get as much as $5k for hand carry traders, once they return, they double their prices, how about the manufacturers who get cheap forex from the CBN, have they not doubled their prices? NLNG for the first time in history, delivered gas by themselves to lagos because the unscrupulous dead brain traders refused to pick their allocation to push up prices, Nigeria is a jungle where the black man is a cannibal looking for flesh to feed on.
The forex Auction of September pushed the CBN to auction $4b apparently for christmas shopping and Sept school fees, the BDC operators took it straight to the black market till the DSS started hunting them like rats, tell me is this a country that wants change?
Give me two reasons why Palm oil should triple its price?
Lunatics will protest, Nigerian police will do the needful, Good luck folks!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Louislewis: 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please Nigerian, watch this video link below to see how the yorubas and Ibo are subjected to be buying dollars at a higher rate. See the corruption that is going on with the dollars in CBN.

https://www.facebook.com/hopefornigeria/videos/1341077125950406/?pnref=story
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by seunowa(f): 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:

May God bless u abundantly..i concur with u totally but dat does not stop pple from protesting against d government dey fully supported at d poll...This will bring pmb back to consciousness and begin to realise dat Nigerians are suffering...prices of foodstuff have skyrocketed...This protest is a welcome development
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Jesusloveyou: 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
seunowa:

May God bless u abundantly..i concur with u totally but dat does not stop pple from protesting against d government dey fully supported at d poll...This will bring pmb back to consciousness and begin to realise dat Nigerians are suffering...prices of foodstuff have skyrocketed...This protest is a welcome development
protesting for what?
they said, they are protesting to overthrow pmb, or for pmb to resign with his hand,
which is more of pdp protest for losing an election.

my guy, dont use your hand to destroy what you suffer to build.

1 Like

Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by seunowa(f): 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
protesting for what?
they said, they are protesting to overthrow pmb, or for pmb to resign with his hand,
which is more of pdp protest for losing an election.

my guy, dont use your hand to destroy what you suffer to build.
This is not against pmb...but protest of d pple against bad policies at state and federal level being it apc or pdp
Re: 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes by Drealthing(m): 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
JUST BEFORE YOU JOIN THE SENSELESS PROTEST, NOTE THAT!

Godswill Akpabio bankrolled the posh wedding of 2face Idibia in Dubai and also gave him 2 SUVs.

The Governor sponsored 29 people from Akwa Ibom state to accompany 2face to UAE for his wedding all from Akwa Ibom state treasury.

David Mark, the then PDP Senate President also bought 2face a Ferrari worth 47 Million naira. He benefited a lots of corrupt money from PDP, now the cheap money has ceased!

If he wants to lead a protest against the APC Federal Government, this is why!

He is a PDP SYMPATHISER! So Never be part of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

David Umahi: I Also Belong To APC / Governor Soludo Visits Burnt Aguata Secretariat / EFCC Releases Seven NAF Personnel Linked With Internet Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.