Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,537 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME (12864 Views)

Benue Government Loses Confidence In FG Over Killer Herdsmen / Statutory Allocations For States From January To June 2017 / Breaking:Amaechi, ALL Ministers From The South-east Missing From Osibanjo's List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by tinktanker: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lasskeey:
cool

Blame their GOVERNORS grin grin grin
pls think with ur head not anus

1 Like

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by tinktanker: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
OkoYiboz:
How many states from the North West are in the list?

They claim to be Israeli today, Biafrans tomorrow, Nigerians when it is time to share money.

iPod yoots have dragged Nigeria to the Ecowas court, the ICJ, Donald Trump, Vladimir Outim and God-knows-where. They would get their own loans when the cases there have been determined.
are u dis dumb?

1 Like

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by lordyugo: 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
[quote author=divicode post=53319957][/quote]

Yawns* try nd be a creative bigot ,always predictable

1 Like

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by stev120(m): 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
wizflame:
From missing budgets to missing loans okay... From missing loans to missing nigeria abi?
from miss nigeria to missing buhari

2 Likes

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
me69:
But you guys didn't vote for him naw, let the ones who voted enjoy first

are you in support of division and hatred being sowed by the present administration and you forgot that you govern all in democracy but can never get 100% vote from the electorate

don't forget that what ever goes around also comes around

3 Likes

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Lasskeey: 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
tinktanker:
pls think with ur head not anus
......remove you head from your Anus only then ,you will understand my comment grin grin grin

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ozimec(m): 12:42pm On Feb 01, 2017
months:
http://www.authorityngr.com/2017/01/EMPOWERMENT-SCHEME--South-East-missing-in-FG-s-loans-for-states

EMPOWERMENT SCHEME: South East missing in FG's loans for states

EMPOWERMENT SCHEME: South East missing in FG's loans for states
· 23,400 beneficiaries from 13 states receive N100,000 each

The Federal Govern­ment pressed on with its economic empow­erment and pover­ty alleviation programme on Monday, by disbursing loans to 23,400 beneficiaries in 13 states.
Shockingly, none of the beneficiaries came from any of the five states in the South East geopolitical zone. This is not the first time the region is missing in the development and economic packages unveiled by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
When the Federal Govern­ment unveiled a $29.96 billion foreign loan for the provision of infrastructure across the coun­try, none of the projects to be executed with the loan was lo­cated in Igboland.

Similarly, when the gov­ernment recently paid N5,000 monthly stipends to some poor Nigerians under its Social Inter­vention Scheme, all the states in the South East were excluded.
The current loans are be­ing disbursed through the Fed­eral Government’s Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP).
The Presidency, which an­nounced this on Monday, list­ed the benefitting states as Ad­amawa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Ekiti, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Lagos, Osun and Ogun. Others are Oyo, Ondo, Rivers and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It did not give reasons for the obvious omission of states in the South East from the scheme.
The micro-credit scheme, which is a non-interest loan scheme, with only a one-time 5 per cent administrative fee for costs, is targeted at micro-en­terprises: traders, artisans, mar­ket men and women, entrepre­neurs, as well as farmers, with the involvement of cooperatives and executed through the Bank of In­dustry (BOI).
Although over 23,000 people have benefited from the loans al­together, over one million people have already enrolled for the pro­gramme across the country and are expected to benefit this year, said a statement issued by the Of­fice of the Vice-President.
To facilitate the loans’ dis­bursement, four payment provid­ers have been signed-on for the programme mostly in the urban areas. The next wave of payment providers, coming on stream by March 2017, would provide a much wider coverage in the ru­ral areas.
The loans range from N10,000 to N100,000 per appli­cant. While the loans would be paid directly to individuals, the beneficiaries are expected to be­long to registered associations and/or cooperatives as the case may be, to ensure that they are peer-endorsed as credible, and to facilitate timely repayments.
All beneficiaries must have BVNs and bank accounts, said the statement, which further an­nounced that in continuation of the National Homegrown School Feeding Programme, actual feed­ing of pupils is expected to com­mence this week in Ogun and Oyo States, while Ebonyi State will soon follow suit.
“Contrary to insinuations in some quarters and inaccurate re­ports in some sections of the me­dia, there are no payment issues or any kind of food rationing taking place in states where the Homegrown School Feeding Pro­gramme has kicked off.
“While the Federal Govern­ment has paid all approved cooks based on the number of pupils al­located to each cook, it is the State that provides the number of pu­pils to be fed. And where those figures change, the next batch of FG payment would reflect it.
“Specifically, where the num­ber of pupils increase, the State will communicate the increase and approve the review. The numbers of the new pupils are then physically verified, before a commensurate number of cooks are engaged, trained and then paid”, it added.
Also, government has adopt­ed a system of paying the cooks 10 days in advance payment for feeding.
The programme is designed to ensure that no cook feeds more than 150 pupils a day, but in some cases, the numbers are as low as 35 children per cook.
The meal, which must be sufficient and nutritious, is cost­ed around locally sourced items and approved by the State under the N70 per child provision by the Federal Government.
Food quality is monitored at the school level through the head teachers, the Parent Teacher As­sociation (PTA), and the state monitoring teams.

Pmb keep dividing this country since he assume office as the President. Nigeria has never been this divided.

3 Likes

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
lordyugo:

Yawns* try nd be a creative bigot ,always predictable

Did you mean you referred to you own father like that
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Kingspin(m): 12:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
They are thinking that the load to South East could over rich them since they are more business minded then the rest.
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ImpersonatorSS: 12:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
ProfDumbledor:
Why are you people so blind to see that this empowerment scheme is managed entirely by the office of the vice president who is a Yoruba man and surrounded by his kinsmen. I don't think we should blame Buhari for this, rather we should be questioning Osinbajo. The entire states (Lagos, Oyo, osun, Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti) of south west zone were all included in the scheme. Isn't it so obvious? It should be noted that the real enemies of Igbo race are the back-stabbing and unstable Yoruba people. They know that empowering an Igbo man living outside Lagos is an unthinkable and detrimental and shouldn't be tried at all. My people be wise.

I thought you looonatics from the yEast aka yEasterners always insist that Osinbajo is a mere commissioner and errand boy... grin

How come you now blame him for your woes?

Pathetic folks! angry

1 Like

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by lordyugo: 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
divicode:

Did you mean you referred to you own father like that

u jus got to luv nairaland clowns loool
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ImpersonatorSS: 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
Yet yEasterners are trooping enmasse to APC and declaring their unalloyed support for Buhari...

What a shame!
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by olayinka63: 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
months:
The Biggot Buhari wants to use resources of the south on is resources-less north.

At least include the people that own the resources u are using. It is called courtesy and equity.

The Presidency, which an­nounced this on Monday, list­ed the benefitting states as Ad­amawa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Ekiti, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Lagos, Osun and Ogun. Others are Oyo, Ondo, Rivers and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Where are the North West States?
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
lordyugo:

u jus got to luv nairaland clowns loool

You mean he is a clown on nl, what a father you have
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by me69: 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
carmag:

are you in support of division and hatred being sowed by the present administration and you forgot that you govern all in democracy but can never get 100% vote from the electorate

don't forget that what ever goes around also comes around
The issue is that people of that region never seem to be satisfied. How can you complain when FG is currently taking out projects in your states, anytime FG comes with an initiative South East must be included for what!!!North Central does not get as much help from FG but you don't ear them screaming marginalization, always SE. That is why no one trust SE people for president they are the most tribalistic people I know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
months:
The Biggot Buhari wants to use resources of the south on is resources-less north.

At least include the people that own the resources u are using. It is called courtesy and equity.

You need to start using your brain, What did Nigeria get from South East other than ugwu hahaha.. I guess you fail to read this part..

I never knew all those states are northern states..

South are 5% una go wait till we remember una... hahaha

Like one of yours Nnamani said that you guys goofed in 2015, assuming you guys vote for Ngige then he would have been Senate President now and will be fighting for you when they are holding meeting.....

Ekweremadu is just a figurehead....
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2017
wizflame:
From missing budgets to missing loans okay... From missing loans to missing nigeria abi?

I am sure you fail to read the news so don't even know what is all about...
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by jpphilips(m): 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
owobokiri:
This is the Apartheid regime that Rochas Okorocha wants to be in place till 2023 simply because he has to repay those who made him a billionaire..The level of evil, hatred and pettiness that pervades this regime is stunning! You just cant help but wonder how igbo ministers like Onu and Ngige mange to smile and shake hands with the likes of Dambazau and co knowing fully well that these men view them with nothing but scorn.

I believe Ngige and Onu will be more disappointed in you who called APC hausa party and never voted for it, they are at the mercy of people who enthroned the government, common sense dictates that!!

2 Likes

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
months:

Make Nigeria leave the 5% territory out of Nigeria? Let them go and set up Biafra?

LOL Buhari has already clear on that, If you don't want to be part of Nigeria they can go to where ever they want..

But you cannot form Another country inside Nigeria.. Beside you guys are the lost sheep of Israel so why not relocate to Israel...

http://punchng.com/leave-nigeria-another-country-says-buhari/

https://www.nairaland.com/3441096/buhari-leave-nigeria-another-country/6
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
dragonking3:
Will you guys allow them to form their biafra?

LOL Buhari has already clear on that, If you don't want to be part of Nigeria they can go to where ever they want..

But you cannot form Another country inside Nigeria.. Beside you guys are the lost sheep of Israel so why not relocate to Israel...

http://punchng.com/leave-nigeria-another-country-says-buhari/

https://www.nairaland.com/3441096/buhari-leave-nigeria-another-country/6

1 Like

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Baroba:

What are you talking about? If you actually read the article you will observe two other incidents were mentioned whereby the zone have been ignored.

Anyway nothing surprises me in this country anymore.

This is not the first time the region is missing in the development and economic packages unveiled by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
When the Federal Govern­ment unveiled a $29.96 billion foreign loan for the provision of infrastructure across the coun­try, none of the projects to be executed with the loan was lo­cated in Igboland.

Similarly, when the gov­ernment recently paid N5,000 monthly stipends to some poor Nigerians under its Social Inter­vention Scheme, all the states in the South East were excluded.

hahahaha you guys always want to eat your cake and still have it, if you want something from Nigeria you guys need to denounce your useless biafra..

Oh..so now the 5k naira is now true? but you always claim its propaganda..
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

I am sure you fail to read the news so don't even know what is all about...
because you are buhari fan or what? Abeg de one side.... Whether i read it or not its not your biz
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2017
Kosy79:
funny.
grin
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
wizflame:
because you are buhari fan or what? Abeg de one side.... Whether i read it or not its not your biz

Yes you will rather not read but comment based on hatred...

they are easy to know 5%
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by omsal84(m): 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
OkoYiboz:
How many states from the North West are in the list?

They claim to be Israeli today, Biafrans tomorrow, Nigerians when it is time to share money.

iPod yoots have dragged Nigeria to the Ecowas court, the ICJ, Donald Trump, Vladimir Outim and God-knows-where. They would get their own loans when the cases there have been determined.
It is a shame that you reason like this! Remember that an average Igbo man is far better than those in the North and West. It is not about the money but about getting things right as a leader. A leading who shows tribal sentiments as a leader is a bigot !
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by izombie(m): 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2017
The fact is they know that if you give an igbo man 10000 naira, the igbo will turn it to 10 million in 5 years but the afonjas that are given 100,000 will be begging for money. Igbo people don't wait for handouts. We the great igbo people.
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by willibounce1(m): 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
APC govt has go to be the worst govt in the history of this country and Buhari is not different from the useless leaders we've had in the past. A govt that is so one sided and always creating division amongst her people.
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
omsal84:

It is a shame that you reason like this! Remember that an average Igbo man is far better than those in the North and West. It is not about the money but about getting things right as a leader. A leading who shows tribal sentiments as a leader is a bigot !

You oppose my government
You wish me death openly
You slander and defame me and my immediate family
You ban me from coming to your zone

But when it is time to share the dividends of my policies, you are crying marginalization.

As per the bolded, right from the time of Awolowo, the worst leader in the SW in better than the best in the SE. Look at how you canonized TA Orji and other loafers you call leaders. It is because you have refused to tell yourselves the truth that your people are externally displaced persons in Nigeria. No leaders, no direction, no future.
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Igboid: 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
ProfDumbledor:
Why are you people so blind to see that this empowerment scheme is managed entirely by the office of the vice president who is a Yoruba man and surrounded by his kinsmen. I don't think we should blame Buhari for this, rather we should be questioning Osinbajo. The entire states (Lagos, Oyo, osun, Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti) of south west zone were all included in the scheme. Isn't it so obvious? It should be noted that the real enemies of Igbo race are the back-stabbing and unstable Yoruba people. They know that empowering an Igbo man living outside Lagos is an unthinkable and detrimental and shouldn't be tried at all. My people be wise.

I was about pointing this out.
Good a thing Ndiigbo are becoming politically and ethnically conscious.

This is likely a Yoruba agenda. I doubt Buhari has a hand in this.
This has Tinubu/ Osibanjo written all over it. This is why folks from that part of the country want to die on top "Biafra" matter even more than the North.

What are the Igbo political robbers cum politicians like Rochas, Nnamani, Kalu, etc who had all flocked to APC and whose stock in trade is to denigrate Ndiigbo to become acceptable to Nigerians have to say about this development?
cc: Abagworo

1 Like

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by khannet(m): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
Good Men

----------------------------
http://lyricsme.info/
http://mp3eee.co/
http://lyricsmints.info[/url]
Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by ProfDumbledor(m): 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2017
Igboid:

I was about pointing this out.
Good a thing Ndiigbo are becoming politically and ethnically conscious.

This is likely a Yoruba agenda. I doubt Buhari has a hand in this.
This has Tinubu/ Osibanjo written all over it. This is why folks from that part of the country want to die on top "Biafra" matter even more than the North.

What are the Igbo political robbers cum politicians like Rochas, Nnamani, Kalu, etc who had all flocked to APC and whose stock in trade is to denigrate Ndiigbo to become acceptable to Nigerians have to say about this development?
cc: Abagworo
True talk.

1 Like

Re: South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME by Igboid: 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
ProfDumbledor:

True talk.

It's easy for powerless politicians like Nnamani, Kalu etc to open their mouths and talk trash about Igbos not knowing how to play national politics, talk is cheap after all.
Now the ball is in their court. What are they doing?
I remember when Rose Uzoma had many Igbos in her customs employment list, the Yorubas heated up the polity so much until she lost her job and the appointments were reversed.
It's obvious someone from SW had disbursed these loans without strict observance of the federal character, and Yorubas are set to grab the lion share of these loans, someone should be losing his or her job for this breach.

And I ask, whose job is it to heat up the polity, so that Who ever is behind this "enterprise" be exposed and made to lose his/ her job?
If Igbo political jobbers in APC( mainly) and PDP secondarily cannot raise dust over this anomaly, of what use are they to Ndiigbo? Are they not all useless?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Albinos In Niger Delta Get N4.3bn Supports From European Union (See The States) / Why We Must All Support The Grazing Bill For The Fulani's / Please Pray For Us, PDP Begs Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.