Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,769 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

NEHEMIAH'S PROJECT (Christians Fight For Defense!) by Udeh, Goodluck Oghenemaro - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NEHEMIAH'S PROJECT (Christians Fight For Defense!) by Udeh, Goodluck Oghenemaro (526 Views)

Prophet Bomadi: Pray For Goodluck Jonathan, They Will Send Assassins To Kill Him / The Dash Between By Udeh, G. O / Killings In Nigeria: Paul Enenche Speaks Again, Calls For Self-defense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NEHEMIAH'S PROJECT (Christians Fight For Defense!) by Udeh, Goodluck Oghenemaro by udeh3(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
NEHEMIAH’S PROJECT
“Christians Fight For Defense !”

“There comes to a point when you either embrace who and what you are, or condemn yourself to miserable all your days. Other people will try to make you miserable; don’t help them by doing the job yourself” Laurell K. Hamdtton

When it comes to killing, harassing, molesting and continuous abuse of Christians everybody most especially the so-called Christians keeps quiet… This leaves me with some questions “What went wrong, is it really biblical to keep quiet even when your life is threatened because of your belief?” the only reason I could point out is FEAR and IGNORANCE and MIS-UNDERSTANDING of the in-depth word of God.

The Nehemiah’s Project is about the healing of this great fear called IGNORANCE. Ignorance to fight when attacked ignorance to vie for political offices. The Nehemiah’s project is about knowing the biblical principles of self-defense when attached

“Therefore set I in the lower places behind the wall, and on the higher places, I even set people after their families with their swords and their bows. And I looked, and rose up, and said to the rest of the people, be not ye afraid of them, remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your daughters, your wives, and your houses…” Nehemiah 4:13-18

Nehemiah talks about self-defense in the times like this when one religion feels they are violent and can kill to make heaven…
“They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, everyone with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon” Nehemiah 4:17

“Where there’s no law, there is no sin.” No part of the constitution in the world that says self-defense is against the law. Nehemiah talks about self-defense, most especially when the government of the day has failed in one of their social-responsibility of protecting lives and properties of her citizenry.

This project talks about getting various skills that make you capable of protecting yourself, families, and properties during an attack while having and considering the constitution of the land at heart “If there are no careless killings, threats and attacks by this blood thirsty human beings against the Christian faith, self-defense becomes useless.” What type of Christian are you if you cannot fight to protect the gospel, the church and the Christian faith?

In John 18:36; Responding to Pilate’s question about whether or not He was the king of the Jews, Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world then would my servant fight that I should not be delivered into the hands of the Jews…:
Notice that Jesus did not oppose “fighting” reason that servants did not fight for Him was because His kingdom was spiritual not physical. This is why Jesus earlier rebuked Peter for his violent reaction to Malchus in John 18:10-11

In Matthew 24:43 Jesus said “If the father of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.” Jesus did not use ungodly or immoral illustrations. He used realistic cases to which people could relates. Jesus here acknowledge the right of a home owner to protect himself and his property

In Luke 22:36-38, Jesus told His disciples to purchase swords. Much effort has been spent by pacifists to minimize and even negate the impact of this passage. Luke 22:36 is clear: Jesus wanted the disciples to know that they would need face dangers against which they would need to protect themselves, and that they were authorized to use weapons when necessary

The Nehemiah’s project is a call out of ignorance and lack of the truth about the word of God concerning self-defense. A person is safe from attack when he is sufficiently “armed” and strong enough to defend himself from his attackers.

CONCLUSION
It is wise for believers to both prepare and defend themselves and trust God for their safety. The bible teaches that some are simply cruel. They behaves as “natural brute beast” and as “dog” (II Peter 2:12; Phil 3:2). They are unfeeling, cruel and shameless. There is no biblical or logical reason why innocent people should be abused and victimized by such people. However, the lives of children or other defenseless people may be at risk. There may be no time to wait for the police or DSS, if they will even respond. At such times we must do as Nehemiah did. We must speak out and defend ourselves. We can reasonably conclude that it is very wise, on both spiritual and physical level, to adequately prepare and equip ourselves for days of battles.

Udeh, Oghenemaro Goodluck Wrote

(1) (Reply)

Selling Soul To Satan Is It Real / Tears From The Heart / Nigerian Theists Nd Hypocrisy- On The Zamfara Governor's Statement On Meningitis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.