Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

The Dash Between By Udeh, G. O - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dash Between By Udeh, G. O (365 Views)

Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes / Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dash Between By Udeh, G. O by udeh3(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
In 2014, in my final year in the higher institution, I lost one of my best friend (Odo Onyebuchi Cornelius) of about 6-7years. He lived 1986 - 2014. I cried as if the will be my last tears. We both have come a long way, but that couldn't bring him back. Then again, I lost my father in March 2016. He lived 1949 - 2016. Up till now, I am still feeling the absence of a father, it's just by God's grace. And not quite long, I lost a dear friend who we both served Nigeria together as Corps members. He died in 2017. He lived 1988 - 2017.

Why all these analysis? There is always a DASH in every man's life that have died. The dead have no life anymore. Infact, their own DASH has ended with a date but what we have as living beings now is THE DASH BETWEEN.

The life and death of every being lies with God only, but THE LIFE BETWEEN THE DASH depends on us. Every being has A DASH.
A DASH (-) is the span of years from our birth until our death. It's also the choices we make as we live our lives. THE DASH represents the legacy of our time here on earth. It symbolizes all of our achievement, disappointment, and the objectives we met or failed to meet, the relationship we built or lost and the kind of impacts we made on lives and others- whether good or bad. The dash defines the person you are as an individual, what you stand for and the content or quality of your life.

"Your birth and death does not really define your life, but THE DASH does. It is the only thing that matters. Being a good person is not eenough, without Christ, all your efforts and labour here on earth WILL HAVE NO ETERNAL VALUE. Eccl 12:8.
Every life we live in the dash whether good or bad without Christ is vanity. In the journey of life in the dash, we must not forsake Jesus who was crucified for our sake. If I was the only man on earth, Jesus would have still died for me. Ohhhh, what a great love!
From my friends to my father, people said very good things about them; how he helped them and the rest of other things, but these are men's observation, what about God's views and standards. Our sole duty in the dash is to fear God and do His will only. Eccl 12:13.

Act 9:36-40. This was the life Dorcas lived shortly before she was cut-off from earth. But the life she leaved between the dash was so impactful. This made the disciples to seek for a solution. This is Dorcas, what about I and You? What life are we living now that we're still breathing?
It's the type of life we live in the dash that determines our eternity. When Christ calls us home today, what type of life have we lived between the dash? What kind of account or record are we going to give to Christ? Brethren, Heaven and Hell is REAL! 2 Cor 5:10.

THE DASH BETWEEN... "What are we doing with our dash, now we're still alive?" Heb 9:27. Another rare opportunity is here to re-dedicate your life back to Him, to amend your records in THE DASH...

(1) (Reply)

Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 04/05/2018 Thursday / Mystery And Gospel Of Prophetic Arts / Should A Minister Charge For His Ministry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.