Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,772 members, 7,955,949 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:25 PM

Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? (3820 Views)

Why Do Wordpress Websites Look Fresher Than Normal Sites. / How Much Do Wordpress Host A Blog? / Premium Web Hosting Service Provider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? by gsogbu(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2017
Please understand one thing here. Wordpress offers hosting service. If you register your site on , it will first have a domain name like yourname.. However if you want your site hosted on , you will have minimal control of your site, you will not be able to install plug ins, though you can install themes. This is good if you are very good at coding. However I would advise you to host your site with 1and1 or hostgator, then you can install the Wordpress Script on your site, which is Wordpress.org. With the Wordpress script, you can easily control your site with little or no knowledge on coding.
Finnal word, offers free and paid hosting with limited control. Wordpress.org offers WP script, which you can instal after purchasing a domain name and hosting space from a third party. I hope I answered your question. If you need help contact me on xwondahmix@gmail.com or you can join the international wordpress expert group on Facebook. I am not the owner of the group, I only offered my email if you need help.
Re: Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? by phililp(m): 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
thanks to you all.. I think I would take godaddy... or is there a better option ?
Re: Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? by phililp(m): 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
gsogbu:
Please understand one thing here. Wordpress offers hosting service. If you register your site on , it will first have a domain name like yourname.. However if you want your site hosted on , you will have minimal control of your site, you will not be able to install plug ins, though you can install themes. This is good if you are very good at coding. However I would advise you to host your site with 1and1 or hostgator, then you can install the Wordpress Script on your site, which is Wordpress.org. With the Wordpress script, you can easily control your site with little or no knowledge on coding.
Finnal word, offers free and paid hosting with limited control. Wordpress.org offers WP script, which you can instal after purchasing a domain name and hosting space from a third party. I hope I answered your question. If you need help contact me on xwondahmix@gmail.com or you can join the international wordpress expert group on Facebook. I am not the owner of the group, I only offered my email if you need help.

u said it all... crystal clear.. thanks man!

1 Like

Re: Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? by twosquare(m): 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Afam4eva:

One major downside of using hosted wordpress is that you cannot monetize it outside what is provided by wordpress. For instance, you cannot use third party ad services like adsense and co or put affiliate links.
have rolled out their own ads service via Jetpack for those who purchase their hosting packages...but the thing no too make sense for now...they still have a very long way to go.
Re: Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? by johnnym1: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hi,

I have about 3 persons who have tried to pay for godaddy with GT but getting an error message that your payment cannot be processed at this time,how can the issue be resolved since its GT is the only card that can be used online in Nigeria.Your help will be appreciated

dasauce:
WordPress offer hosting packages..
But I'll advice you to host with GoDaddy/Hostigator...

Firstly, purchase your domain and hosting package from GoDaddy, after successful payment and setting up...

You'll install WordPress from your CPanel which is free.
Then you can start building your website!
smiley
Re: Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? by gsogbu(m): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2017
phililp:

u said it all... crystal clear.. thanks man!

Thanks man
Re: Do Wordpress Offer Hosting Service? by dasauce(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2017
Yes, you cannot pay for domain or hosting account with your conventional credit card. If you have a dollar account or PayPal will do the trick.
CBN has restricted our debit card from allowing some international transactions. So try and use a PayPal account or a domiciliary credit card!

johnnym1:
Hi,

I have about 3 persons who have tried to pay for godaddy with GT but getting an error message that your payment cannot be processed at this time,how can the issue be resolved since its GT is the only card that can be used online in Nigeria.Your help will be appreciated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between ALAT By Wema And GTBANK Dollar Card, Which Is Best For Payment Online / 6 SEO Link Building Strategies For Bloggers / Fresh Google Voice Numbers For Sale Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.