Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail (20449 Views)

18-Year-Old Faith Tricked Into Ashawo In Mali Cries Out As She Is Now Pregnant / Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos / Chinese Woman Tricked By Nigerian Boyfriend Into Carrying Drugs Finally Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by NEHLIVE: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
A Cambodia court has sentenced a 22-year-old Thai woman to life imprisonment for trafficking 2.5 kilogrammes of cocaine from the United Arab Emirates.

Amphawan Kaewkanlaya claimed she was tricked into carrying the drugs by her Nigerian boyfriend's older brother. She was also fined 60 million riel (about 535,000 baht).

Police found packages of cocaine, totaling 2.5kg, hidden in boxes of Lindt chocolates in her luggage.

"The court has decided to give her a life sentence and a fine of 60 million riel to be put in the national budget," Phnom Penh Municipal Court presiding judge Heng Kessaror said in passing judgement on Thursday, January 5th.

"The court orders the confiscation of the drugs seized and other drug-related material to be destroyed," he added.

Amphawan said she would appeal the judgement and maintained she was innocent. During her trial last month she said she was unaware the package she accepted from her boyfriend’s brother, the boxes of Swiss chocolates, during her visit to the UAE contained drugs.

"It is so unjust for me. I will consider my appeal of the judgment to the Appeal Court,"she said.
During her trial last month, Amphawan said she traveled from Thailand to Dubai in March to visit her Nigerian boyfriend, Uche, and his family there.

Her boyfriend had paid for her airline tickets, visa, food and accommodation, she said. Before returning home last month, she was given the boxes of Lindt chocolates by Uche’s older brother, whose name she could not recall. He had asked her to take the chocolates to a friend of his in Cambodia.

She said she became aware the hidden drugs only when she was detained at Phnom Penh International Airport and police inspected the boxes.

Police seized 2,594 grammes of cocaine and charged her with transporting an illicit drug, possession and trafficking.

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by NEHLIVE: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
Sad

5 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by EDSONSMITH(m): 12:08am On Feb 01, 2017
its too bad 22 to life imprisonment, mehn be mindful of those you hang out with

24 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Xcelinteriors(f): 12:11am On Feb 01, 2017
hmmmmm. sorry madam

1 Like

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by marshalcarter: 12:44am On Feb 01, 2017
NCAN reportin live from lag

time:12:40a.m

password:*UCHE* I repeat *UCHE*

location:brownroof creatures off flatzhead road alaba international lagos grin grin grin

61 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by subtlemee(f): 1:01am On Feb 01, 2017
We don't know which side of the story to belief..i pity her sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:19am On Feb 01, 2017
Her story is true but has been seasoned just a little bit believe me I have spirit of discernment
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by ibkgab001: 7:21am On Feb 01, 2017
Cntl C++

They are thou.... I won't calm them flattyre

I won't call them dopi spell backward

But they are enemy of states

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Opinedecandid(m): 7:21am On Feb 01, 2017
A woman, not a girl.
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Corrinthians(m): 7:21am On Feb 01, 2017
Her Nigerian boyfriend's name is UCHE.

Awon Olori Pelebe keeping it real!

In my humble capacity as the Secretary General (Worldwide) NCAN, i cut this tape and declare this thread authentic and therefore commissioned!

We shall NEVER be disappointed! grin

Let the party begin! grin

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Neddstark: 7:22am On Feb 01, 2017
**** Please not alll Nigerians are drugdealers. ****
Only some people from the other side of the Niger are. Mod, stop editing my comments. Ban me instead lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Iceman2017(m): 7:22am On Feb 01, 2017
Too bad....
Thou bad government pushed us to the wall.
Most of us does so many dirty things to survive.

If the government has done their part, crime rate won't be this high. But my beloved tribe need to take it easy.
Thou not all igbos are into drug pushing and illegal business, the same way not all Yoruba's are ritualist.

It will be very bad if you put the blame on a tribe instead of the particular individual.
Remember bad news travel faster and some tribalist only dig out bad news about a particular tribe just to watch his follow bigots romance on that tribe.
Thou not supporting any crime.....
Nairaland is the main forum that propagate hate and tribalism.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by ItzHoludex(m): 7:22am On Feb 01, 2017
they av upgraded to using people not they themselves again shocked

3 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by holluwai(m): 7:22am On Feb 01, 2017
I pity the girl o cry
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by grandstar(m): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2017
Really sad. embarassedlll
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by ddippset(m): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2017
They are even merciful. A Cambodian woman in Canada. But if a Canadian woman in Cambodia na hanging straight!
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by obembet(f): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2017
I believe some NCAN will be disappointed

4 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Akalia(m): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2017
subtlemee:
We don't know which side of the story to belief..i pity her sha
sexy?

1 Like

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Hades2016(m): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2017
How will she pay the fine when they gave her a life sentence ? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Samanza89: 7:24am On Feb 01, 2017
It's pathetic....

Nigerians always washing dirty linens outside...

If Trump ban them now they will be shouting that he is a racist

Sorry lady, I pray you have a better evidence...

No weapon fashion against us this month shall prosper...

May every "UCHE" in our life be exposed!....

5 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by mjbaba: 7:24am On Feb 01, 2017
oblak00:
Rip
Buhari will be alive and ruling when your own obituary will be pasted. No be curse. Kontinu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 01, 2017
" she was given the boxes of Lindt chocolates by Uche’s older brother, whose name she could not recall." grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by GreenNegro(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2017
o ga o
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by sojious: 7:26am On Feb 01, 2017
Even without going through the content of this news
My first impression was''na Ipod e go be nah"
Those guys have perfected the art of drug peddling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by DAramis: 7:26am On Feb 01, 2017
oblak00:
Rip
Bro,
Watch your comment.
You might leave this world faster before the man in question.
If you are in doubt, Google about Dr Azikiwe death wish and burial arrangements and the subsequent curse that followed all those who did that.
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by RotgakSlay(m): 7:26am On Feb 01, 2017
kwantinu una hear......
veli veli soon dis gehs wil
stop roving us undecided undecided undecided
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by WillyCassey: 7:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Hnmmm. It will always be connected to Nigerians.

Why always us?

Imagine wasting this poor girl's life.
Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by GreenNegro(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2017
Neddstark:
Poor woman. Sometimes I just wish these people could get their nation. Please not alll Nigerians are drugdealers. Only a specific people at the east of the Niger river are.

i tell u. make dem go, make peace reign

2 Likes

Re: Thai Woman Tricked Into Carrying Drugs By Nigerian BF Sentenced To Life In Jail by sotall(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2017
ahhhh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Monkeys Arrested In Lagos For Theft / Nigerian Student Snatches A Cab In India / Teenage Girl Who Was Under Bondage After Being Impregnated,Finally Rescued. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.