Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m (9727 Views)

EFCC Declares Two Women Wanted For Forgery And Theft Of N27m (photos) / Customer Hacks Unity Bank System, Steals N23 Million With ATM Card / Robbers Attack Unity Bank Otun Branch, Ekiti, Kill At Least 3 People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Ekiti360(m): 2:44am On Feb 01, 2017
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on Monday arraigned a 41-year-old banker in Abuja for allegedly forging the signatures of a bank customer with the intention to defraud him of over N30 million.

Remilekun Momoh, an accountant with Unity Bank, Abuja, was arraigned before Justice Bello Kawu of the FCT High Court, Kubwa on a 15-count-charge, bordering on forgery and fraud.
Momoh pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the defendant had earlier been arraigned in November 2016 over alleged fraud of N14 million.

The EFCC alleged that while at her duty post between May 2014 and May 2015, the defendant fraudulently forged the signatures of one Garba Mamu, who was a customer of Unity Bank.

The defendant allegedly transferred, in bits, over N30 million through a forged letter of transfer of funds into several designated accounts in other banks.

Counsel to the defendant, Lawrence Alabi, applied to the court for the defendant to continue on her initial bail terms.

Justice Kawu, while granting the request after the prosecuting counsel did not object, adjourned the matter until March 15, for continuation of hearing.

He also ordered that all the previous witnesses in the matter be recalled on the next adjourned date.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/02/unity-bank-accountant-in-trouble-over.html

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by seunlayi(m): 3:33am On Feb 01, 2017
This is serious
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by dammy13(m): 7:21am On Feb 01, 2017
This is serious Lalasticlala
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Benjom(m): 7:28am On Feb 01, 2017
Issorite... That's what greed can cause in the lives of individuals. You have a stable job and yet greed has eaten deep into you, ehn?
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by subtlemee(f): 8:07am On Feb 01, 2017
Why won't they start stealing when they all wear expensive suits they can't afford, collect car loan,house loan,life loan etc to live big and at the end of month after the loan deductions their salaries may not be up to 5k again

5 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by powerfulsettingz: 9:52am On Feb 01, 2017
Just 30m?
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Gidi3020(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2017
Let me pretend as if I dinno see the name sha

2 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2017
How much does he have for her to transfer up to 30million, this must be those accounts reading 1 billion. But I think the banking sector should pay their staffs more. I mean how can you be counting millions all day and have 200k as your account balance

2 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by helphelp: 9:53am On Feb 01, 2017
Recession don turn almost everybody mind to dey scam others

1 Like

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Tbillz(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2017
Bankers this day commit more than politicians! Seeing billions U dont own on daily basis synonymous to Living as a Rvd father next to Ashewo lodge!

1 Like

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by shakes101(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2017
Unuty oya pay back
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by jesus500(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2017
But it seems buhari shielding his friends from prosecution, why is it so?
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Divay22(f): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2017
Hmmm. Last time it was Zenith bank manager o,now unity hmmm wonder who will be next
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by ybalogs(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2017
30 million naira pere not even dollars.Leave am jooor
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by mccoy47(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2017
Unity bank that does not have customers are still stealing from the few left? undecided
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by ybalogs(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2017
Unity Bank! Succeeding together!!! How do we succeed together with this kinds of accountants?
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Babaevans1(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2017
Proud member of NCAN reporting from Atlanta Georgia. They have upgraded from rituals to forgery
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by BlueRayDick: 10:02am On Feb 01, 2017
Bankers are damn too fraudulent! Wetin happen

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by MrGreenMavro: 10:03am On Feb 01, 2017
shocked
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by back2sender: 10:03am On Feb 01, 2017
Benjom:
Issorite... That's what greed can cause in the lives of individuals. You have a stable job and yet greed has eaten deep into you, ehn?
Ipod yoot and wailers will blame president buhari for this
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Pavore9: 10:04am On Feb 01, 2017
helphelp:

It is not about recession but a criminal minded individual. From the report, she started the fraud way back in May 2014.
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by back2sender: 10:05am On Feb 01, 2017
subtlemee:
Why won't they start stealing when they all wear expensive suits they can't afford, collect car loan,house loan,life loan etc to live big and at the end of month after the loan deductions their salaries may not be up to 5k again
But you people trip for them naa, una prefer a false banker living large to a teacher earning his salary honestly.

1 Like

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 01, 2017
What is stopping EFCC from proceeding against Babachir and Magu himself?

Insubordination?
Fear?
Mission impossible?

1 Like

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by modupe2: 10:08am On Feb 01, 2017
in 2014? Haba, must you always strive to tag everything and anything bad to Buhari? Lets try and have fear of God, no matter how little

helphelp:

2 Likes

Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by modupe2: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2017
That does not have customers? Where did you google that from? Get informed my dear

mccoy47:
Unity bank that does not have customers are still stealing from the few left? undecided
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by sammyj: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2017
Chineke !!!! shocked shocked What a man can do a woman can perfect !!! grin shocked
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by mccoy47(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2017
modupe2:
That does not have customers? Where did you google that from? Get informed my dear

Remember dat December bank crises of last year?
Well I usually spend atleast 5hrs in any bank I went to but the day I went to unity bank to withdraw 150k, I counted the entire 150k at the counter there for confirmation and NOT 1 person came behind me that he is next!

Yes I am informed
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by ionsman: 10:16am On Feb 01, 2017
Lol...I know this story....My sister who is a banker told me about it. The man had to move the account to her bank due to this issue.
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by bash4us(m): 10:17am On Feb 01, 2017
The name herewith is not in UnityBank database.

Misleading news.
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by mhisbliss(f): 10:18am On Feb 01, 2017
stupid bank, they freezed my brother's account with over 60k in it
Re: Unity Bank Accountant In Trouble Over Forgery, Theft Of Customer’s N30m by jossy0987: 10:18am On Feb 01, 2017
subtlemee:

How do you know? Not all bankers do that u know..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam / Sex-for-grade Harassment In Nigerian Universities / Police Confirm Killing Of 57-year-old Abia Man By Son, Suspect To Be Arraigned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.