Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. (21319 Views)

I Sweat A Lot / Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably like a Goat / Help!!! I Urinate A Lot And I Sweat Alot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by addikt(m): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2017
Sodijan:
Reduce d quantity of salt in ur food

It's not all about sweat bro....that's what people says but little did they know.
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by jericco1(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

Many of you are so dirty that i can't stand you, why would a guy or woman have hairs on his/her armpit or in the Jerusalem area ??

Buy an old spice deodorant or dove deodorant

I have a secret that will make anyone not have armpit odor for the rest of their lives

How many times do you shower everyday ??

Do you shave your pubic hair ??

Do you have good hygiene

If your answers to these questions are "No", then you need to grow up and start taking care of yourself

Do you think Nigeria or Africa is hot ?? You're free to come to California and Florida or Texas so you will know what hotness is

If you do take care of yourself and you still sweat, then you need to step up the game with these routine

1. Buy an antiperspirant stick (to be applied to the armpit, it blocks the sweat in your armpit)

2. Buy baby powder (To be applied to your toolbox and your ass crack (to prevent swamp ass), it will keep you dry for the whole day)

3. Avoid Vaseline or some oil lotions

4. If you are that rich, then i will tell you the most accurate and best way to cure it (Go to your doctor and get a Botox onabotulinumtoxinA injections)

5. Remember to exercise often to sweat off and maintain a healthy lifestyle

6. Drink lots of water, i drink 10 gallons of water everyday, you will thank me later

stop condescending man!..are you God? Fück you man!
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by YesNoMaybe: 11:46am On Feb 01, 2017
NotOfThis:
Your thyroid. Get your thyroid checked.

You sabi something.....are you human?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by TGM2015: 11:49am On Feb 01, 2017
sonofLuci:
Good morning nairalanders.

I have this problem of sweating profusely for long now, i easily sweat and I sweat real bad, a slight change in room temperature I start sweating, I cant even go out when it's hot cause it's embarrassing you walking and you the only sweating, even in evenings I still sweat, I am tired of this, it's just embarrassing, just imagine talking to someone and you wiping sweat of your face almost every second.
I cant wear one shirt twice cause of sweat, I have to always wash my stuffs everyday cause I totally hate any form of smell, this is just frustrating.

#argggh

Please help me nairalanders what can be done?

Try these out
1. Drink a lot of water daily, like 2 - 4 litres a day.
2. Check out your body cream, you can use baby petroleum jelly creams or olive oil.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by ayox1(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2017
Go see a doctor
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by ayox1(m): 11:57am On Feb 01, 2017
Go see a doctor. More so, do a blood sugar level test. Minimize ur intake of coca cola,fanta, any soft drinks (it contains lot of industrial sugar), salt,seasoning, sugar and others. Wear light clothes, shave ur body(necessary part). Avoid going/ staying in an unfavourable/hot environment. Also watch the type of food u eat. *hope u dont use bleaching cream(because bleaching cream can make someone sweat like xmas goat)*
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by mideyglitz(f): 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
reduce your salt intake.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by tinktanker: 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Son of lucifer, maybe ur daddy is calling u!
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Xtopher123(m): 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2017
Bro Take good care of yourself.. Its a good thing you know and understand fully well that you sweat a lot, so be wary of things you and always try as much s possible to wash off immediately after a long sweat to avoid the odour that follows it..

With time youll get used to it.. and it'll become part of you..
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by ibinaboonline: 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
I can't believe everyone here is talking about hygiene and such stuff without considering the possibility that this OP could have a medical condition. Some years ago I attended the Christ embassy church healing school where I saw many health conditions including a lady who has something similar to what this guy is talking about. Her's was terrible. You'd think she was coming from the rain except it wasn't raining. I mean it and I'm not exaggerating at all. I first noticed when she passed by me and her flowing gown, now heavy with wetness brushed my arm. She was really sad. Maybe that of the OP is not as bad. Actually there are several versions of this ailment. Hyperhidrosis disorder is a condition that results in excessive sweating. This sweating can occur in unusual situations, such as in cooler weather, or without any trigger at all. It can also be caused by other medical conditions, such as menopause or hyperthyroidism. Primary Focal Hyperhidrosis
Sweating mainly occurs on your feet, hands, face, head, and underarms. It usually starts in childhood. About 30 to 50 percent of people with this type have a family history of excessive sweating.
Secondary generalized hyperhidrosis is sweating caused by a medical condition or as a side effect of certain medications. It generally starts in adulthood. With this type, you might sweat all over your body, or in just one area. You might also sweat while you’re sleeping Specialized Antiperspirant
Your doctor might prescribe an antiperspirant containing aluminum chloride. This antiperspirant is stronger than those available over-the-counter and is often used to treat mild cases of hyperhidrosis.
Ion
This procedure uses a device that delivers low-level electrical currents while you’re submerged in water. The currents are often delivered to your hands, feet, or armpits to temporarily block your sweat glands.
Anticholinergic Drugs
Anticholinergic drugs can provide relief for generalized sweating. These drugs, such as glycopyrrolate, prevent acetylcholine from working. Acetylcholine is a chemical your body produces that helps stimulate your sweat glands.
These drugs take about two weeks to work and may cause side effects such as constipation and dizziness.
Botox (Botulinum Toxin)
Botox injections may be used to treat severe hyperhidrosis. They block the nerves that stimulate your sweat glands. You usually need several injections before this treatment becomes effective.
Surgery
If you only have sweating in your armpits, surgery might be able to treat your condition. One procedure involves removing the sweat glands in your armpits. Another option is to have an endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy. This involves severing the nerves that carry messages to your sweat glands.
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
addikt:
I Have same problem but I now move around with 2 hankerchiefs...

I sweat a lot on my palm (hand) and foot, been facing this since primary school days and I'm 26 years old now . I guess that can't be solved bro, even as I'm typing this , my feet and palm are filled with sweats early in the morning no jokes.....

Legs and hands always cold , the only benefit is that girls like it when we are together in a room, you know when you touch their warm body with that cold one .....lol...not funny though ....

I don't use creams , only hair creams
I love rollons a lot....helps a lot too...
I love perfumes (selected ones)..since I can't spend money on creams, I spend money on perfumes and Roll on.

Deal with it bro, it can't be solved , I moved on long time ago!!!

who tld you it can't be solved, you rather admit you don't know the solution
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
sonofLuci:

Can I find one in hospital?

your sweating must be a child’s play compare to mine you don't need any medical help in this regard

all you need is either you register with gym club or you run for about 2 kilometres distance twice or more in a week depending on your schedule

the excess water fat in your body needs to be dehydrated..
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by bobojoshua(m): 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2017
enshi:

Ooh Lols.. . My Guy first and foremost you are medically sound.

No matter how you sweat now i dont think you could sweat as i used to until i found out my solution

I could remember visiting a doctor then in school and all the doc did was laff at me

See the solution....

Cut down on water in take by 45%
Enroll in a gym..... Twice a week And on the weekend go on a road walk
Reuduce sugar in take by 70% and do same for alcohol by 90%
Vitamin C should not be found lacking around you..

Lastly until dry seasons never use body creams.

Thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Godlychild: 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
lwkmd...you are wicked!
falzthebadguy:

son of luci, maybe daddy is calling?

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by thexzy(m): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
Na overheat dey worry you eeeh....wait I have a therapy, Change your Radiator before u go burn-up one day. See a medical/mechanical PRO-fessor 4 a way out.... ....wear a cotton fabric all the time and lastly, donate some pans of your blood to the less privilege ones who need them but can't afford....coz its simply in excess.
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Pvin: 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
Afam4eva:

Over healthiness dey worry you. Me, i dey find sweat i no see. Anytime i see sweat on my body, na so i go just dey jump for joy. It's a blessing my brother, accept it.

You be lizard ni
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by DEWKID(m): 2:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
durubrian:
You're gradually dying
people could be so wicked @comment above
honestly am having same problem

1 Like

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by imma2(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2017
Bro...It happened to me also in my uni days. With my experience, it has to do with you being overweight.

You should exercise rigorously. Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2017
u need to stop trekin and get urself a car grin
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Adonis7: 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2017
opey112:
I can't just stop laughing... this guy is damn funny.
grin
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Mandesz(m): 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
sonofLuci:

I have this problem of sweating profusely for long now, i easily sweat and I sweat real bad, a slight change in room temperature I start sweating, I cant even go out when it's hot cause it's embarrassing you walking and you the only sweating, even in evenings I still sweat, I am tired of this, it's just embarrassing, just imagine talking to someone and you wiping sweat of your face almost every second.
I cant wear one shirt twice cause of sweat, I have to always wash my stuffs everyday cause I totally hate any form of smell, this is just frustrating.

#argggh

pls, visit d hospital. diz might b as a result weak immune system caused by STDs (Sexually transmitted diseases).
e.g your sweat might so much dat if u r hungry n u eat; d sweat dat envelop u wil b so much dat u ursef will know itz abnormal
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by woledami: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
sonofLuci:

#argggh

STOP USING LOTION CREAMS, TRY USING VASELINES THAT WILL SUIT YOUR SKIN
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by heo88(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2017
sonofLuci:

#argggh

Good day Sir,

I hope it is well with you.

I'm sorry to hear about your issue but I've had a kinda similar issue due to a condition. Please don't be too annoyed though as it is perfectly normal to sweat as it is the body's natural reaction/cooling mechanism to being exposed to heat/high temperature. What its sounds like is that your sweat glands are over-reactive.

What you may be suffering from is called either "Primary hyperhydrosis", or if you have an underlying medical issue (God forbid!) which causes you to sweat as a symptom, this will be called "secondary hyperhydrosis", in medical terms. Fear not as there are ways of remedying this. There are different approaches some of which will require trial and error:

1. Consider what makes you sweat; as in reflect on actions you may take which precede the episodes of sweating

2. Food: I love spicy/hot food, like supernaturally hot. However this in of itself helps to bring on sweaty spells. You may want to reduce the amount of spice in your food, especially if you consume this regularly or if possible, cut it out completely

3. Clothing: black/dark clothing are heat conductors and so wearing them in Naija sun will generally make it more likely that a person will sweat, even those that are quite resistant to heat

4. Thoughts: I am not sure how well you deal with stress, but raging thoughts, intense thoughts, anger, intensity of emotion, believe it or not, can induce sweat/an increase in body sweat

5. Exercise- I'm not sure whether you exercise regularly/semi-regularly but if you do, then this will generally make sweaty experiences worse.
Please don't stop exercising if you do, but you may wish to wear very light clothing or no top when you do, bath with cold water after and if your schedule is flexible, then you may want to try exercising at night when the heat is less oppressive, as opposed to the daytime sun

Cold/lukewarm food like salads, fruit, veg etc help to maintain or even reduce the body temperature and by extension, reduce sweat. Furthermore ice cream or ice in its crude form also helps to reduce the body's temperature.

If you find that you may have to attend a professional event or wear a suit, if possible consider rolling your sleeves up and minimise the time you have to wear the suit jacket.

If this is not possible, you may want to visit a pharmacist and check as to whether they stock a spray called 'Odaban' (I've attached an image). Should you find this, the instructions are to apply it to the areas where you tend to sweat the most (face, scalp if you have very low hair/baldness, armpits etc) and you do this twice a week at night, just before you're about to go to bed, and wash it off when you wake up in the morning. Please also make sure your face is dry before applying it as a moist face will reduce its effectiveness.

The above is all I can think of and I wish you well. Feel free to let me know how you get on.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by GindoX(m): 5:13pm On Feb 01, 2017
Sweating is in your vien. Follow this steps
1. Take knife
2. Cut Ur hand, make sure ur vien dey show
3. Pour pepper and mango juice
4. Take plantain leaves rap it around
5. Bandage it...

Thank me later
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
heo88:

Good day Sir,

I hope it is well with you.

I'm sorry to hear about your issue but I've had a kinda similar issue due to a condition. Please don't be too annoyed though as it is perfectly normal to sweat as it is the body's natural reaction/cooling mechanism to being exposed to heat/high temperature. What its sounds like is that your sweat glands are over-reactive.

What you may be suffering from is called either "Primary hyperhydrosis", or if you have an underlying medical issue (God forbid!) which causes you to sweat as a symptom, this will be called "secondary hyperhydrosis", in medical terms. Fear not as there are ways of remedying this. There are different approaches some of which will require trial and error:

1. Consider what makes you sweat; as in reflect on actions you may take which precede the episodes of sweating

2. Food: I love spicy/hot food, like supernaturally hot. However this in of itself helps to bring on sweaty spells. You may want to reduce the amount of spice in your food, especially if you consume this regularly or if possible, cut it out completely

3. Clothing: black/dark clothing are heat conductors and so wearing them in Naija sun will generally make it more likely that a person will sweat, even those that are quite resistant to heat

4. Thoughts: I am not sure how well you deal with stress, but raging thoughts, intense thoughts, anger, intensity of emotion, believe it or not, can induce sweat/an increase in body sweat

5. Exercise- I'm not sure whether you exercise regularly/semi-regularly but if you do, then this will generally make sweaty experiences worse.
Please don't stop exercising if you do, but you may wish to wear very light clothing or no top when you do, bath with cold water after and if your schedule is flexible, then you may want to try exercising at night when the heat is less oppressive, as opposed to the daytime sun

Cold/lukewarm food like salads, fruit, veg etc help to maintain or even reduce the body temperature and by extension, reduce sweat. Furthermore ice cream or ice in its crude form also helps to reduce the body's temperature.

If you find that you may have to attend a professional event or wear a suit, if possible consider rolling your sleeves up and minimise the time you have to wear the suit jacket.

If this is not possible, you may want to visit a pharmacist and check as to whether they stock a spray called 'Odaban' (I've attached an image). Should you find this, the instructions are to apply it to the areas where you tend to sweat the most (face, scalp if you have very low hair/baldness, armpits etc) and you do this twice a week at night, just before you're about to go to bed, and wash it off when you wake up in the morning. Please also make sure your face is dry before applying it as a moist face will reduce its effectiveness.

The above is all I can think of and I wish you well. Feel free to let me know how you get on.

Thanks a lot I will check for the spray!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by addikt(m): 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
carmag:

who tld you it can't be solved, you rather admit you don't know the solution

So what's the solution bro....

1 Like

Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by lielbree: 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2017
chyima:
H

Am curious,how do u wear the pad on your armpit
You need a lady to help with this. Just tell her to show you how to stick the pad on Pant. Then use the same technique on the armpit area of your shirt. Cut off the ears of the pad.

I learnt it on from a TV show.
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by lielbree: 6:28pm On Feb 01, 2017
Alphasoar:

You are a good wickeder!
I don't understand
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 01, 2017
addikt:

So what's the solution bro....
check my second post on the thread
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by Alphasoar(m): 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
lielbree:
I don't understand
@ Try also using always pad on the armpit area of your shirts to absorb sweat.
Re: Help! I Sweat A Lot And Uncontrollably. by lielbree: 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
Alphasoar:

@ Try also using always pad on the armpit area of your shirts to absorb sweat.
You need a lady to help with this. Just tell her to show you how to stick the pad on Pant. Then use the same technique on the armpit area of your shirt. Cut off the ears of the pad.

I learnt it on from a TV show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: TVC Does Documentary On Patients Being Treated At IDH, Yaba, Lagos / United Kingdom Licenses 162 Nigerian Doctors In 42 Days / Lassa Fever-what You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.