Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam (4412 Views)

Bristow Crash Survivors Testify That T.B Joshua’s Morning Water Saved Them / Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism / Christianity, Islam, African Traditional Religion, Which Is More Tolerant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by AbuSafwan(m): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2009
TESTIFY BY YOURSELF: ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY
BY
Salim I. Hassan (Salimullah)

Qur’an says in Surah Rad, Ch. 13, Verse. 38, that… ‘We have given several Revelations.’  But name, only 4 are mentioned (and we the Muslims believe in the all on profound conviction)- The Torah, the Zaboor, the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur’an. The Torah is the ‘Wahi’ the ‘Revelation’, which was given to Prophet Moses, peace be upon him. The Zaboor  is the ‘Wahi’, which was given to David, peace be upon him. The Injeel is the ‘Wahi’, the ‘Revelation’ which was given to Jesus, peace be upon him. And Qur’an is the last and final Revelation, which was given to the last and final Messenger Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. Let me make it very clear to every one, that this Bible which the Christians believe to be the word of God, is not the ‘Injeel’ which we Muslims believe, was revealed to Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him. This Bible according to us, it may contain the words of God - But it also contains words of Prophets, words of historians, it contains absurdities, obscenity, as well as innumerable scientific errors. (quoted from: Qur’an And The Bible In The Light Of Science  by Dr. Zakir Naik).
1ST Comment
For those who are not aware, that the word ‘Bible’ is a Greek word which denotes a collection of writings composed of assorted opinions and thoughts of different authors. This is an exact nature of present Christian Bible. Even the title ‘Bible’ was never mentioned in the Gospel for even one time. So then how could one dare to attribute this modern bible to the Word of God? Despite it contains some Words of God this does not prevent its human admission and omission to be felt and influence much more than the actual contents of God’s word. – Editor

Is The Bible God’s Word”
Deedat speaks: “CHRISTIANS CONFESS: Dr. W. Graham Scroggie of the MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE, Chicago, one of the most prestigious Christian Evangelical Mission in the world, answering the question — "Is the Bible the Word of God?" (also the title of his book), under the heading: IT IS HUMAN, YET DIVINE. He says on page 17: "Yes, the Bible is human, though some, out of zeal which is not according to knowledge, have denied this. Those books have passed through the minds of men, are written in the language of men, were penned by the hands of men, and bear in their style the characteristics of men." (Emphasis added).
Another erudite Christian scholar, Kenneth Cragg, the Anglican Bishop of Jerusalem, says on page 277 of his book, "The Call of the Minaret": "Not so the New Testament . . . There is condensation and editing; there is choice, reproduction and witness. The Gospels have come through the mind of the Church behind the authors. They represent experience and history."
Mrs. Ellen G. White, a "prophetess" of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, in her Bible Commentary Vol. 1, page 14, has this confession to make about the fallibility of the "Holy Bible." "The bible we read today is the work of many copyists who have in most instances done their work with marvellous accuracy. But copyists have not been infallible, and god most evidently has not seen fit to preserve them altogether from error in transcribing."
The most vociferous of all the Bible-thumpers are the Jehovah's Witnesses. On page 5 of their "FOREWORD" mentioned earlier, they confess: "In copying the inspired originals by hand the element of human frailty entered in, and so none of the thousands of copies extant today in the original language are perfect duplicates. The result is that no two copies are exactly alike".
Unfulfilled Prophecies in the Bible
Dr. Zakir Naik speaks: “For example if you read Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says… ‘God told Cain: you will never be able to settle you will be a wanderer.’ Few Verses later on Genesis, Chapter No.4, Verse No.17, says…‘Cain built up a city’ – unfulfilled prophecy. If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30, it says that…‘Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin… no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.’ If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that… ‘Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne’ - Unfulfilled prophecy. One is sufficient to prove it is not the word of God - I can give plenty. If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that…‘Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.’ We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy. Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of…‘The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.’ They say… the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is ‘amla’, which means not ‘a virgin’- ‘a young lady.’ The word for ‘virgin’ in Hebrew is, ‘baitula’, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree… ‘Virgin’… ‘Virgin’ - No problem. It says… ‘He will be called Immanuel.’ No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy. I can give several, plenty unfulfilled prophecies - One is sufficient to prove the Bible wrong - I have given a few”.

Scientific Errors in the Bible by Dr. Zakir Naik
Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,…‘Light was created on the first day.’ Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19… ‘The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day’.  How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day? - It is unscientific. Further, the, Bible says Genesis, Ch. 1, and Verses 9 to 13… ‘Earth was created on the 3rd day. How can you have a night and day without the earth?  The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day?

What does the Bible say regarding ‘Hydrology’? Bible says in Genesis, Ch. No.9, Verse No.13 to 17, that… ‘After God, at the time of Noah submerged the world by flood, and after the flood’ subsided, He said… ‘I put up a rainbow in the sky as a promise to the humankind never to submerge the world again, by water. To the unscientific person it may be quite good…  ‘Oh rainbow is a sign of Almighty God, never to submerge the world by flood again.’ But today we know very well, that rainbow is due to the refraction of sunlight, with rain or mist. Surely there must have been thousands of rainbows before the time of Noah, peace be upon him. To say it was not there before Noah’s time you have to assume that the law of refraction did not exist - which is unscientific.

It is mentioned in the Proverbs, Chapter No. 6, Verse No. 7, that… ‘Ant has got no ruler, no sear, no chief.’ Today we know that ants are sophisticated insects. They have a very good system of labour, in which they have chief, they have foreman, they have workers. They even have a queen, they have a ruler - Therefore Bible is unscientific.

‘Mathematics’ is a branch, which is closely associated with science, with which you can solve problems, etc. There are thousands of contradictions in the Bible - hundreds deal with mathematics…, It is mentioned in the 2nd Kings, Ch. No 24, Verse No 8, that…‘Jehoiachin was 18 years old, when he began to reign Jerusalem, and he reigned for 3 months and 10 days. 2nd Chronicles, Ch. No 36, Verse No 9, says that…‘Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign and he reigned for 3 months, 10 days. Was Jehoiachin 18 years when he began to reign, or was he 8 years old? Did he reign for 3 months, or did he reign for 3 months 10 days? Further it is mentioned in the 1st Kings, Ch. No 7, Verse No 26, that…‘In Solomon’s temple, in his molten sea, he had 2000 baths. In 2nd Chronicles, Ch. No 4, Verse No 5, he had 3000 baths. Did he have 2000 baths or did he have 3000 baths?,  Further more it is mentioned in the First Kings, Ch. No. 15, Verse No. 33, that… ‘Basha, he died in the 26th year of reign of Asa.’ And 2nd Chronicles Ch. No 16, Verse No 1, says that…‘Basha invaded Judah in the 36th years of the reign of Asa.’ How can Basha invade 10 years after his death?  - It is unscientific…,  We agree in Jesus Christ peace be upon him - to him was revealed the Injeel. This is not the Injeel  - It may contain part of God - But the other unscientific portion is not the word of God.

2ND Comment
All these are not the words of God; rather they are human admissions, for God is highly flawless and would not speak error or establish unfulfilled prophecy. Of the modern Gospel fits its name as Bible – a Greek word which means a collection of different writings by different authors. This fact makes Bible to be not the word of God in its entire form.

Jesus excludes Christianity from his mission
Jesus Christ peace be upon him said in the Gospel of Mathew, Ch. No. 15, Verse No. 24…  ‘I am not sent, but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.’ So Jesus Christ and the Bible, were only meant for the children of Israel, (the gentiles – Muslims, Christians, Buddhist, e.t.c were all exempted)

(But) The Qur’an is meant for the whole of humanity including the Jews and Christs, and it is meant to be for eternity. Qur’an says in Surah Ibrahim, Ch. 14, Verse. 52, in Surah Baqarah Ch. No. 2, Verse 185, and Surah Zumar Ch. 39, Verses. 41, that the Qur’an is meant for the whole of human kind. And Prophet Mohammed, may peace be upon him, was not sent only for the Muslims or the Arabs. Allah says in the Qur’an in Surah Ambiya Ch. No. 21, Verse No. 107------(Arabic)----That We have send thee as a mercy, as a guidance, to the whole of humankind. (This meant that this noble Qur’an must the final message to the Jews, Christians, and Muslims as such they should follow it wholeheartedly).

Trinity Condemned
Dr. Zakir Naik speaks: “Let us check with the concept of ‘trinity’- Concept of trinity – Father, son, and holy ghost – Form… they say… ‘Form changes.’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬Okay for the sake of argument, we agree. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Does the component change? ¬¬¬¬¬¬God and holy Ghost are made of spirit - Human beings are made of flesh and bones - They are not the same. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Human beings require to eat - God does not require to eat, to survive - They are not the same. ¬¬¬¬¬¬And this is testified by Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, himself in the Gospel of Luke, Chapter No. 24, Verse No. 36 to 39. He says that… ‘Behold my hands and feet - Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬He says… ‘Behold my hands and feet - Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬And he gave his hands, and they saw, and they were overjoyed. ¬¬¬¬¬¬And he said that… ‘Do you have any meat to eat ?’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬And they gave him broiled fish and a piece of honeycomb - And he ate. ¬¬¬¬¬To prove what? That he was God? ¬¬¬¬¬¬To prove that he was not God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬He ate, and he is flesh and bones - A spirit has got no flesh and bones. ¬¬¬¬¬¬This proves that it is scientifically not possible that Father, son and Holy Ghost - Father, Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, and Holy Ghost, is Almighty God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬And the concept of ‘trinity’, - the word ‘trinity’ does not exist anywhere in the Bible. ¬¬¬¬¬¬The word trinity is not there in the Bible - But it is there in the Qur’an. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Qur’an says in Surah Nisa, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 171, it says…. (Arabic)…. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Do not say trinity…. (Arabic)…desist stop it!  It is better for you.’¬¬¬¬¬¬ Trinity is also there in Surah Maidah, Chapter No.5, Verse No.73, which says …(Arabic)… ¬¬¬¬¬¬They are doing ‘Kufr’ - They are blaspheming - those who say that Allah in 3 in one - Is a triune God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬ Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, never said he was God - The concept of trinity does not exist in the Bible. ¬¬¬¬¬¬The only verse which is closest to the concept of ‘trinity’, is the 1st Epistle of John, Chapter No.5, Verse No.7, which says… ‘For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word and the holy ghost, and these 3 are one. ¬¬¬¬¬¬But if you read the Revised Standard Version, revised by 32 scholars… Christian scholars, of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different co-operative denominations, they say… ‘This verse of the Bible - 1st Epistle of John, Chapter 5 Verse No.7 is an interpolation, is a concoction, is a fabrication’ - It was thrown out of the Bible. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Jesus Christ peace be upon him, never claimed Divinity. ¬¬¬¬¬¬There is not a single unequivocal statement in the complete Bible, where Jesus Christ peace be upon him says…  ‘I am God’ - or where he says… ‘Worship me’. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Infect if you read the Bible, it is mentioned in the Gospel of John, Chapter No.14, Verse No.28 - he said…‘My Father is greater than I’; Gospel of John, Chapter No.10, Verse No.29…‘My Father is greater than all’; Gospel of Mathew, Chapter No.12, Verse No.28…‘I cast out devils with the spirit of God’; Gospel of Luke, Chapter No.11, Verse No.20…‘I with the finger of God, cast out devil’; Gospel of John, Chapter No.5, Verse No.30… ‘I can of my own self do nothing’…‘I can of my own self do nothing - As I hear, I judge and my judgement is just, for I seek not my own will, but the will of my Father.’ Anyone who says… ‘Not my will but God’s will’ - he is a Muslim. Muslim means the person who submits his’ will to almighty God. Jesus Christ peace be upon him said…‘Not my will but God’s will.’¬¬¬¬¬¬ He was a Muslim - and he was Alhamdulillah, one of the mightiest messengers of God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬We believe…We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention. ¬¬¬¬¬¬We believe he gave life to the dead, with God’s permission. ¬¬¬¬¬¬We believe that he healed those born blind, and lepers with God’s permission. ¬¬¬¬We respect Jesus Christ peace be upon him, as one of the mightiest messenger of God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬But he is not God, and he is not a part of the trinity - Trinity does not exist. ¬¬¬¬¬¬ Qur’an says…. (Arabic)… ‘Say He is Allah, one and only’.”  ¬¬¬¬¬¬
I proclaim that Bible cannot stand scientific test of facts but has today, become a source of religious as well as scientific information.
I may conclude with the Buccaile’s confession that: “Scientific statements……. are only one specific aspect of the Islamic revelation which the Bible does not share. MORE ARE TO COME INSHA'ALLAH BECAUSE ALMOST 50,000 ERRORS ARE INHERNET IN THE BIBLE WHICH WAS WRITTEN BY DIFFERENT HISTORIANS WITH SOME WORDS OF GOD.
Submitted by Salimullah
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toneyb: 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abu-Safwan:

Qur’an says in Surah Rad, Ch. 13, Verse. 38, that… ‘We have given several Revelations.’  But name, only 4 are mentioned (and we the Muslims believe in the all on profound conviction)- The Torah, the Zaboor, the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur’an. The Torah is the ‘Wahi’ the ‘Revelation’, which was given to Prophet Moses, peace be upon him. The Zaboor  is the ‘Wahi’, which was given to David, peace be upon him. The Injeel is the ‘Wahi’, the ‘Revelation’ which was given to Jesus, peace be upon him. And Qur’an is the last and final Revelation, which was given to the last and final Messenger Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. Let me make it very clear to every one, that this Bible which the Christians believe to be the word of God, is not the ‘Injeel’ which we Muslims believe, was revealed to Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him. This Bible according to us, it may contain the words of God - But it also contains words of Prophets, words of historians, it contains absurdities, obscenity, as well as innumerable scientific errors

Let me play davidylan for a moment and ask you a simple question. Where Is allah's original injeel since you believe that the christian new testament is corrupted. Can you produce the one allah "revealed"?
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Abuzola11(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2009
It has been plagarized
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ OP;

Qur’an says in Surah Rad, Ch. 13, Verse. 38, that… ‘We have given several Revelations.’ But name, only 4 are mentioned (and we the Muslims believe in the all on profound conviction)- The Torah, the Zaboor, the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur’an. The Torah is the ‘Wahi’ the ‘Revelation’, which was given to Prophet Moses, peace be upon him. The Zaboor is the ‘Wahi’, which was given to David, peace be upon him. The Injeel is the ‘Wahi’, the ‘Revelation’ which was given to Jesus, peace be upon him. And Qur’an is the last and final Revelation, which was given to the last and final Messenger Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. Let me make it very clear to every one, that this Bible which the Christians believe to be the word of God, is not the ‘Injeel’ which we Muslims believe, was revealed to Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him. This Bible according to us, it may contain the words of God - But it also contains words of Prophets, words of historians, it contains absurdities, obscenity, as well as innumerable scientific errors.

This is a lie from the pit of hell. Jesus was not given any injeel, neither did He write down any book or caused any book to be written as the injeel. What you muslims erroneously refer to as the injeel is just a recollection of the life and times of Jesus, written by His followers years after He died.

As Davidylan will always ask, if the Bible we are using is corrupt, then provide the uncorrupted Bible. I only wanted to ask why mohammed was plagiarising from the corrupted Bible and pretending he was receiving revelations.

For those who are not aware, that the word ‘Bible’ is a Greek word which denotes a collection of writings composed of assorted opinions and thoughts of different authors. This is an exact nature of present Christian Bible. Even the title ‘Bible’ was never mentioned in the Gospel for even one time. So then how could one dare to attribute this modern bible to the Word of God? Despite it contains some Words of God this does not prevent its human admission and omission to be felt and influence much more than the actual contents of God’s word. – Editor

The same question can be asked of the Koran. How can mohammed sit down, lift up passages from the corrupted Bible, corrupt some of the verses to suit his purpose, mix it with Arabian fairy tales and claim it is divine? A goat even ate parts of the Koran. Can a goat eat God’s words? What of the satanic verses where reference was made to the three daughters of allah? You can never compare Koran to the Bible in the sense that the revelations in the Bible were progressively given over a period of thousands of years and none contradicted the other, whereas the Koran was written over just a period spaning mohammed’s adult life.

Mrs. Ellen G. White, a "prophetess" of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, in her Bible Commentary Vol. 1, page 14, has this confession to make about the fallibility of the "Holy Bible." "The bible we read today is the work of many copyists who have in most instances done their work with marvellous accuracy. [/b]But copyists have not been infallible, and god most evidently has not seen fit to preserve them altogether from error in transcribing."
The most vociferous of all the Bible-thumpers are the Jehovah's Witnesses. On page 5 of their "FOREWORD" mentioned earlier, they confess: "[b]In copying the inspired originals by hand the element of human frailty entered in, and so none of the thousands of copies extant today in the original language are perfect duplicates.
The result is that no two copies are exactly alike".

See your delusion? When was the printing machine invented? How do you think manuscripts of documents were preserved before the invention of the printing machine? Was it not by copying? Yet, all the people you quoted above praised the people that preserved the Bible of doing their work with MARVELLOUS accuracy, so what is your problem? Thank God we did not miss Biblical verses simply because a goat ate parts of it, unlike the Koran in which the verses eaten by the goat were never recovered!

Dr. Zakir Naik speaks: “For example if you read Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says… ‘God told Cain: you will never be able to settle you will be a wanderer.’ Few Verses later on Genesis, Chapter No.4, Verse No.17, says…‘Cain built up a city’ – unfulfilled prophecy.

What kind of weird reasoning are you presenting? If cain built a city, does it prevent him from wandering? You can build a city and yet wander away from it.

If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30, it says that…‘Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin… no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.’ If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that… ‘Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne’ - Unfulfilled prophecy

This is just another ranting of a confused soul. Immediately after Jehoiachim died and his son Jehoiachin ascended the throne, something happened that you deceitfully decide not to post. Lets read on:

IIKings 24:12; And King Jehoiachin, along with his mother, his sons, his officers, and the palace officials surrendered to the Babylonians. In the eight year of Nebuchadnezzar’s reign, he took Jehoiachin prisoner.

17; Nebuchadnezzar made Jehoiachin’s uncle, Mattaniah king of Judah and changed his name to Zedekiah.

Hence the prophecy was fulfilled!

If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that…‘Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.’ We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy

See another fallacy you posted? Lets read go through the verses in the Bible:

Ezekiel 26:3; Now then, this is what I, the Sovereign Lord, am saying: I am your enemy, city of Tyre. I will bring many nations to attack you, and they will come like the waves of the sea.

4; They will destroy your city walls and tear down your towers . . .

Tyre was to be destroyed as a result of a sustained attack by Nations, not by just Nebuchadnezzar!

Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of…‘The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.’ They say… the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is ‘amla’, which means not ‘a virgin’- ‘a young lady.’ The word for ‘virgin’ in Hebrew is, ‘baitula’, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree… ‘Virgin’… ‘Virgin’ - No problem. It says… ‘He will be called Immanuel.’ No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy. I can give several, plenty unfulfilled prophecies - One is sufficient to prove the Bible wrong - I have given a few”.

What does Emmanuel means? It means ‘God with us’. He is God the Son, who descended and dwelt amongst men, hence the prophecy was fulfilled, for God came and dwelt with man.

Scientific Errors in the Bible by Dr. Zakir Naik
Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,…‘Light was created on the first day.’ Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19… ‘The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day’. How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day? - It is unscientific. Further, the, Bible says Genesis, Ch. 1, and Verses 9 to 13… ‘Earth was created on the 3rd day. How can you have a night and day without the earth? The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day?

Why are you confused? Do you think God depends on the sun and moon to create light? The Bible said that in heaven, there is no sun nor moon, but the light in heaven is overwhelming! Cant you stretch your imagination to notice that God can cause light to appear and disappear without depending on the sun and moon? Or are you limiting God to just sun and moon? Maybe you can limit allah, but definitely not YHWH!
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toneyb: 3:21pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

It has been plagarized

Where is the unplagiaried version? Do you know where it is?
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 3:36pm On Dec 02, 2009
What does the Bible say regarding ‘Hydrology’? Bible says in Genesis, Ch. No.9, Verse No.13 to 17, that… ‘After God, at the time of Noah submerged the world by flood, and after the flood’ subsided, He said… ‘I put up a rainbow in the sky as a promise to the humankind never to submerge the world again, by water. To the unscientific person it may be quite good… ‘Oh rainbow is a sign of Almighty God, never to submerge the world by flood again.’ But today we know very well, that rainbow is due to the refraction of sunlight, with rain or mist. Surely there must have been thousands of rainbows before the time of Noah, peace be upon him. To say it was not there before Noah’s time you have to assume that the law of refraction did not exist - which is unscientific.

Noah and people living during that period had never seen a rainbow before. Why was refraction not occurring then? Why is it that it was after the flood that Noah and family saw the rainbow? Because God created the rainbow and caused it to appear through refraction, thousands of years before man even knew the phenomenon existed!

It is mentioned in the Proverbs, Chapter No. 6, Verse No. 7, that… ‘Ant has got no ruler, no sear, no chief.’ Today we know that ants are sophisticated insects. They have a very good system of labour, in which they have chief, they have foreman, they have workers. They even have a queen, they have a ruler - Therefore Bible is unscientific.

Do ants tell you they have a queen and a king? Is it not within the context of human understanding that we refer to them so? A human queen or king is powerful but that of the ant is simply a mother, given birth to their different species . . . how does that equate to the human perception of king and queen?

‘Mathematics’ is a branch, which is closely associated with science, with which you can solve problems, etc. There are thousands of contradictions in the Bible - hundreds deal with mathematics…, It is mentioned in the 2nd Kings, Ch. No 24, Verse No 8, that…‘Jehoiachin was 18 years old, when he began to reign Jerusalem, and he reigned for 3 months and 10 days. 2nd Chronicles, Ch. No 36, Verse No 9, says that…‘Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign and he reigned for 3 months, 10 days. Was Jehoiachin 18 years when he began to reign, or was he 8 years old? Did he reign for 3 months, or did he reign for 3 months 10 days? Further it is mentioned in the 1st Kings, Ch. No 7, Verse No 26, that…‘In Solomon’s temple, in his molten sea, he had 2000 baths. In 2nd Chronicles, Ch. No 4, Verse No 5, he had 3000 baths. Did he have 2000 baths or did he have 3000 baths?, Further more it is mentioned in the First Kings, Ch. No. 15, Verse No. 33, that… ‘Basha, he died in the 26th year of reign of Asa.’ And 2nd Chronicles Ch. No 16, Verse No 1, says that…‘Basha invaded Judah in the 36th years of the reign of Asa.’ How can Basha invade 10 years after his death? - It is unscientific…, We agree in Jesus Christ peace be upon him - to him was revealed the Injeel. This is not the Injeel - It may contain part of God - But the other unscientific portion is not the word of God.

When was mathematics invented? Don’t you know that the Arabic numerals were the first attempt at systematically keeping numerical records? Even at that, mohammed also had problems with numbers compared to the old Biblical scribes who had no systematic way of storing and accurately transmitting numerical records.

Jesus excludes Christianity from his mission
Jesus Christ peace be upon him said in the Gospel of Mathew, Ch. No. 15, Verse No. 24… ‘I am not sent, but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.’ So Jesus Christ and the Bible, were only meant for the children of Israel, (the gentiles – Muslims, Christians, Buddhist, e.t.c were all exempted)

Then what will you make of this very words of Jesus:

Matthew 28:18; Jesus drew near and said to them, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.

19; “Go then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit . . “

Stop quoting the Bible out of context. Even after testing that woman’s faith, Jesus healed her and claimed that her faith was unsurpassed even in Israel.

But) The Qur’an is meant for the whole of humanity including the Jews and Christs, and it is meant to be for eternity. Qur’an says in Surah Ibrahim, Ch. 14, Verse. 52, in Surah Baqarah Ch. No. 2, Verse 185, and Surah Zumar Ch. 39, Verses. 41, that the Qur’an is meant for the whole of human kind. And Prophet Mohammed, may peace be upon him, was not sent only for the Muslims or the Arabs. Allah says in the Qur’an in Surah Ambiya Ch. No. 21, Verse No. 107------(Arabic)----That We have send thee as a mercy, as a guidance, to the whole of humankind. (This meant that this noble Qur’an must the final message to the Jews, Christians, and Muslims as such they should follow it wholeheartedly).

The Koran can never be meant for Christians and Jews when it commanded you muslims to kill Christians and Jews wherever you see them, and never to make friends with them.

The Koran can never be the final message to us because its doctrines runs contrary to the teachings of all prophets preceding mohammed, and he was never mentioned in any Biblical prophecy.

Mohammed just rode on the ignorance of arabs to reinvent allah, the idol of the kuraish tribe which was housed in the ka’aba together with its three daughters and the other numerous idols.

I may conclude with the Buccaile’s confession that: “Scientific statements……. are only one specific aspect of the Islamic revelation which the Bible does not share. MORE ARE TO COME INSHA'ALLAH BECAUSE ALMOST 50,000 ERRORS ARE INHERNET IN THE BIBLE WHICH WAS WRITTEN BY DIFFERENT HISTORIANS WITH SOME WORDS OF GOD.
Submitted by Salimullah

Go to the threads on the contradictions in the Koran and you will be amazed at the various inconsistencies in the Koran that your fellow NL muslims have not been able to explain away.

You can also visit the numerous threads here dealing with it and contribute there. But who was God referring to when He was always addressing Himself in the plural, Elohim in the scriptures? You can open a thread on this and I will engage you there.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toneyb: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nezan:

Noah and people living during that period had never seen a rainbow before. Why was refraction not occurring then? Why is it that it was after the flood that Noah and family saw the rainbow? Because God created the rainbow and caused it to appear through refraction, thousands of years before man even knew the phenomenon existed!

Do you have any evidence for this baseless and ridiculous claim? Who told you that the people at that time had never seen a rainbow before? According to the bible the Noah's flood happened about 4200 years ago, There is MORE than enough evidence to show that there are other civilization that were around during that time(4200 years ago) like the Chinese, Indain, Egyptian, and Greeks amongst other civilization. If you have any evidence that those civilizations living at that time had never seen the rainbow about 5000 years ago then go ahead and present it.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2009
Dr. Zakir Naik speaks: “Let us check with the concept of ‘trinity’- Concept of trinity – Father, son, and holy ghost – Form… they say… ‘Form changes.’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬Okay for the sake of argument, we agree. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Does the component change? ¬¬¬¬¬¬God and holy Ghost are made of spirit - Human beings are made of flesh and bones - They are not the same. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Human beings require to eat - God does not require to eat, to survive - They are not the same. ¬¬¬¬¬¬And this is testified by Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, himself in the Gospel of Luke, Chapter No. 24, Verse No. 36 to 39. He says that… ‘Behold my hands and feet - Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬He says… ‘Behold my hands and feet - Handle me and see, for a spirit has no flesh and bones.’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬And he gave his hands, and they saw, and they were overjoyed. ¬¬¬¬¬¬And he said that… ‘Do you have any meat to eat ?’ ¬¬¬¬¬¬And they gave him broiled fish and a piece of honeycomb - And he ate. ¬¬¬¬¬To prove what? That he was God? ¬¬¬¬¬¬To prove that he was not God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬He ate, and he is flesh and bones - A spirit has got no flesh and bones. ¬¬¬¬¬¬This proves that it is scientifically not possible that Father, son and Holy Ghost - Father, Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, and Holy Ghost, is Almighty God

The reasoning of the person you are quoting is warped. According to his arguments, Jesus can not be God because He ate as a human.

Jesus is fully God and fully man, which was the character He needed to act as a suitable mediator between God and man.

And the concept of ‘trinity’, - the word ‘trinity’ does not exist anywhere in the Bible. ¬¬¬¬¬¬The word trinity is not there in the Bible - But it is there in the Qur’an. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Qur’an says in Surah Nisa, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 171, it says…. (Arabic)…. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Do not say trinity…. (Arabic)…desist stop it! It is better for you.’¬¬¬¬¬¬ Trinity is also there in Surah Maidah, Chapter No.5, Verse No.73, which says …(Arabic)… ¬¬¬¬¬¬They are doing ‘Kufr’ - They are blaspheming - those who say that Allah in 3 in one - Is a triune God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬ Jesus Christ, peace be upon him, never said he was God - The concept of trinity does not exist in the Bible. ¬¬¬¬¬¬The only verse which is closest to the concept of ‘trinity’, is the 1st Epistle of John, Chapter No.5, Verse No.7, which says… ‘For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word and the holy ghost, and these 3 are one. ¬¬¬¬¬¬But if you read the Revised Standard Version, revised by 32 scholars… Christian scholars, of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different co-operative denominations, they say… ‘This verse of the Bible - 1st Epistle of John, Chapter 5 Verse No.7 is an interpolation, is a concoction, is a fabrication’ - It was thrown out of the Bible. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Jesus Christ peace be upon him, never claimed Divinity.

There is a great deal of Scriptural evidence that Jesus Christ is God. The evidence is comprised not only of specific statements, but also in prophecy fulfillment and his attributes. Some of explicit Scriptural evidence.

• “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.” – John 1:1

• “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” – John 20:28

I want to pause just a moment to discuss the verses above. The Greek word for God is theos. In John 1:1, we read that the Word (Jesus) was with theos and was indeed theos. Jesus was (and is) God! This is a very powerful statement! The word theos is used not only in John 1:1, but also in verse 18 and in John 20:28. Theos is used in the New Testament in reference to Jehovah/Yahweh God. Theos is also used in reference to Jesus. We’re beginning to see the plurality found within the one God.

• "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." – Revelation 4:11 (the words of the 24 elders to Jesus).

• “…Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” – Acts 20:28

Once again, in the verses above Jesus is referred to as theos. In Acts 20:28, we know that Jesus shed His blood for the church, and as one person of the triune God, this action is the action of God. Now let’s look at some common compound references to Jesus:

• “…the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” – Titus 2:13

• “…To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours” – 2 Peter 1:1

In the passages above, both “God” and “Savior” are used in reference to Jesus Christ. There is no division of the clause. Attempts to divide this clause into a reference to God and a separate reference to Jesus as Savior flies against the Greek grammatical construct. These verses provide additional powerful and clear evidence that Jesus is Jehovah/Yahweh God.

More verses that reveal Jesus to be Jehovah/Yahweh.

• “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved…. for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’” – Romans 10:9,13. Note: Paul reveals Jesus to be the same “Lord” referred to in Joel 2:32, which he quotes. In Joel 2:32, “LORD” is Jehovah/Yahweh.

• “…that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” – Philippians 2:10-11. Note: “Lord” = Jehovah/Yahweh.

• “…now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” – 1 Peter 2:3. This verse is taken almost identically from Psalms 34:8, where “Lord” is Jehovah/Yahweh. From the verses that follow verse 3, it is clear this is a reference to Jesus.

Another way to know that Jesus is Jehovah/Yahweh comes from the fulfillment of an Old Testament prophecy. Zechariah 12:10 says, “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.” This verse is part of an oracle given by Jehovah/Yahweh. This passage starts off in verse 1, “This is the word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares…” Jehovah/Yahweh prophesies that He will be pierced. It is widely accepted among scholarly circles that this was fulfilled in the crucifixion and spearing of Jesus Christ. This is confirmed in Revelation 1:7 wherein we read concerning Jesus, “Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.” This is important enough to go over again. In Zechariah 12:10, Jehovah/Yahweh prophesies that He (Jehovah/Yahweh) will be pierced, and people will mourn for Him. Jesus Christ is pierced through his hands and feet at his crucifixion, and pierced through the side with a spear while on the cross. Revelation 1:7 confirms this fulfillment of prophecy. Conclusion? Jesus Christ is Jehovah/Yahweh!

There is not a single unequivocal statement in the complete Bible, where Jesus Christ peace be upon him says… ‘I am God’ - or where he says… ‘Worship me’. ¬¬¬¬¬¬Infect if you read the Bible, it is mentioned in the Gospel of John, Chapter No.14, Verse No.28 - he said…‘My Father is greater than I’; Gospel of John, Chapter No.10, Verse No.29…‘My Father is greater than all’; Gospel of Mathew, Chapter No.12, Verse No.28…‘I cast out devils with the spirit of God’; Gospel of Luke, Chapter No.11, Verse No.20…‘I with the finger of God, cast out devil’; Gospel of John, Chapter No.5, Verse No.30… ‘I can of my own self do nothing’…‘I can of my own self do nothing - As I hear, I judge and my judgement is just, for I seek not my own will, but the will of my Father.’

Jesus caused no small uproar among the Jews of the day because He accepted praise and worship – blasphemous if He were not God! As we have seen, only God is the savior of men. Matthew 21:1-11 describes Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem. He came riding in on a donkey, in fulfillment of an Old Testament messianic prophecy (Zec. 9:9). As Jesus rode in, we find the crowds that surrounded him shouting “Hosanna to the Son of David!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Hosanna in the highest!” Webster’s 1913 dictionary defined Hosanna as “A Hebrew exclamation of praise to the Lord.” The word is derived from a Hebrew word that meant “Save us,” in a prayer directed to God. This shows that the crowd viewed Jesus as God and Savior. It is important to note that Jesus did not rebuke the crowd for this praise. In verse 15, we find that the chief priests and Pharisees were outraged and indignant at this (because, as we said, this would be blasphemy for a mere man). Children had followed Jesus in to the temple are and were still shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” In verse 16, they asked Jesus if He could hear what the children were saying. No doubt they were shocked that he would not have straightened out the blasphemy of these little urchins. But Jesus did not rebuke the children. Instead, He answered, “Yes. Have you never read, ‘From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise’?” Additionally, in John 9:35-39 we read the following exchange:

35Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"

36"Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."

37Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."

38Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.

39Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

Jesus accepted worship. This is not adoration of a mere prophet, but praise and worship due only to God.

Anyone who says… ‘Not my will but God’s will’ - he is a Muslim. Muslim means the person who submits his’ will to almighty God. Jesus Christ peace be upon him said…‘Not my will but God’s will.’¬¬¬¬¬¬ He was a Muslim - and he was Alhamdulillah, one of the mightiest messengers of God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬We believe…We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention. ¬¬¬¬¬¬We believe he gave life to the dead, with God’s permission. ¬¬¬¬¬¬We believe that he healed those born blind, and lepers with God’s permission. ¬¬¬¬We respect Jesus Christ peace be upon him, as one of the mightiest messenger of God. ¬¬¬¬¬¬But he is not God, and he is not a part of the trinity - Trinity does not exist. ¬¬¬¬¬¬ Qur’an says…. (Arabic)… ‘Say He is Allah, one and only’.” ¬¬¬¬¬¬
I proclaim that Bible cannot stand scientific test of facts but has today, become a source of religious as well as scientific information.

How can Jesus be a muslim when He existed hundreds of years before the founder of islam, mohammed was even born. This is hilarious and a delusion of the highest order!
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2009
toneyb:

Do you have any evidence for this baseless and ridiculous claim? Who told you that the people at that time had never seen a rainbow before? According to the bible the Noah's flood happened about 4200 years ago, There is MORE than enough evidence to show that there are other civilization that were around during that time(4200 years ago) like the Chinese, Indain, Egyptian, and Greeks amongst other civilization. If you have any evidence that those civilizations living at that time had never seen the rainbow about 5000 years ago then go ahead and present it.

The Bible did not record any evidence of the rainbow been seen before, you are the one disagreeing with this, so the onus naturally lie on you to provide evidence to the contrary.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Abuzola11(m): 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nezan well done for the copy and past

@toneyb: it is the bible of the xtrian
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toneyb: 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nezan:

The Bible did not record any evidence of the rainbow been seen before, you are the one disagreeing with this, so the onus naturally lie on you to provide evidence to the contrary.

The bible is the book of jewish history not world history hope you know that? The ancient jews made a very tall claim like others that lived with them. Some said that the rainbow is the necklace of some goddess the ancient jews decided to tag it as a conenant between them and their god. They said that the rainbow first appeared during a mythical flood they alone recorded. There are other civilazations that predated the time of Noah but they did not experince or recorda any flood that filled the earth. Rinbow is simply a refraction of light against water droplest in the earths atmosphere. Since you believe that it first appeared after the Noah's flood that took place about 4200 years ago according to the bible, you also have to provide evidence that light did not refract when it comes in contact with water droplets from the earths atmosphere about 5000 years ago.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
^^ My believes are outlined in my posts, so if you disagree, why not provide credible evidence and stop yapping?
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toneyb: 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nezan:

^^ My believes are outlined in my posts, so if you disagree, why not provide credible evidence and stop yapping?

This is what you said.

Nezan:

The problem here is that I don't think you even answered the question you were trying to answer at all. You made a very tall claim that the people living during Noah's time had never seen tha rainbow, Which people are you refering to? Are the people living in China at that time included in your assertion? Because there were people living in China during that time(4300 years ago), so its up to you to show that light does not refract when it comes in contact with water droplets in the atmosphere 4300years ago(during the alleged global flood) in China.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
You are just making repetitive noise, if you are so convinced, why not provide evidence to the contrary?
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toneyb: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nezan:

You are just making repetitive noise, if you are so convinced, why not provide evidence to the contrary?

I didn't make any claim did I? You were the person that made the tall baseless claim not me. This is your reply to what the OP

But today we know very well, that rainbow is due to the refraction of sunlight, with rain or mist. Surely there must have been thousands of rainbows before the time of Noah, peace be upon him. To say it was not there before Noah’s time you have to assume that the law of refraction did not exist - which is unscientific.

This why your reply to the poser you made a very tall claim.

Which people are you talking about exactly? The ones that lived in other parts of the world or the ones that were written about in the mythology you now accept as a historical narrative?
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by muhsin(m): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
Greetings,

What an OP! I like it; and I shall participate herein, God's willing, when I get back.

May Allah increase in your knowledge; bless, support and reward you for the great effort, Abu-Safwan.

BTW, where is davidylan? The mentor of NL non-Muslims? You are a "good" guy, for I come to realization that not only your Christian cohorts you teach; atheists also learn loads from you. cheesy
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2009
@tonyb;

The Bible made the claim that Noah and the survivals of the flood saw the rainbow for the first time. If you have evidence that it was a lie, that it was seen before, any recorded evidence, because science is circumstantial to credible evidence, then present it rather than making empty noise.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Abuzola11(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nezan and his gibberish
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2009
^^ What is gibberish, eh? have you taken your time to read through my replies to your muslim brother? who posts more gibberish on NL than you?
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toluxa1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2009
. . . Cant read such long posts . . . . puts on glasses cool and works out!
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Abuzola11(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nezan did you hear that from ur xtrian sister, lol
So Abu safwan post gibberish than me, i thought you said am the most whatever, anyway may God open ur eyes. Thank God u are in Abuja inshaAllah you will see the light of truth
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by AbuSafwan(m): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nezan:

Jesus is fully God and fully man, which was the character He needed to act as a suitable mediator between God and man.

• “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.” – John 1:1

• “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” – John 20:28

such word are only wrote by the compilers of bible and not for God.

WHO IS THOMAS? IS HE THE FATHER GOD WHICH YOU CLAIM? I NEED A DIRECT UTTERENC FROM God confirming Jesus is another God. this is a blasphemy
fully God fully man. RIDICULOUS AND ILLOGICAL
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toluxa1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
Abu-Safwan:

WHO IS THOMAS? IS HE THE FATHER GOD WHICH YOU CLAIM? I NEED A DIRECT UTTERENC FROM God confirming Jesus is another God. this is a blasphemy

Mt 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it . . . .

Lu 11:29 This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it . . ,
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Nezan(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2009
Abu-Safwan:

What stupid reasoning are you spewing? If mohammed can plagiarise the Bible, twist Biblical stories and mix them with a spice of Arabic fairy tale and put it into the mouth of the idol, called allah, who was placed in the ka’aba alongside his three daughters and other over three hundred idols, how can you insinuate that those words were not written under God’s inspiration?

What is more logical to your? Putting words into the mouth of a dead idol or the living God?

Abu-Safwan:

WHO IS THOMAS? IS HE THE FATHER GOD WHICH YOU CLAIM? I NEED A DIRECT UTTERENC FROM God confirming Jesus is another God.

I wonder what muslims have for brains. In the argument you copy and pasted, you were asking us to show you were Jesus was called God or where He asked to be worshipped. After showing you the verses, you are now asking me to give you a direct utterance from God. I am not as dishonest as mohammed who was pretending God was speaking to him.

How do you expect me to ask God to utter His words directly to you from heaven, confirming to you that Jesus is God? Only God can do that, and I cannot dishonestly claim to be God!

Abu-Safwan:

this is a blasphemy

Is this more ridiculous, blasphemous and more illogical than claiming that allah, the idol worshipped by the kuraish tribe, which had three daughters and was housed in the ka’aba, along with over three hundred idols, suddenly transformed to the God of creation? How can an idol suddenly turn to a supreme being?
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Abuzola11(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2009
Jesus is not God

John 20:17

'jesus said to her (mary magdalene),'Do not hold me, for i have not yet ascended to the father,

but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my father and your father, to my God and your God'
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by toluxa1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Jesus is not God

John 20:17

'jesus said to her (mary magdalene),'Do not hold me, for i have not yet ascended to the father,

but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my father and your father, to my God and your God'

The greatest mistake you can make is to try to prove FROM THE BIBLE that Jesus is not God. You can try that from the Quran, since its not the Word of God. I dont see anything in the verse you quoted that says, Jesus is not God. Maybe you should meditate on these ones.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Col 2:9 For in him (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by sleek29(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
@poster, please before you say anything else, GO AND GET US THE UNCORRUPTED INJIL!!!![/size][size=8pt]
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by AbuSafwan(m): 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nezan:

The Koran can never be meant for Christians and Jews when it commanded you muslims to kill Christians and Jews wherever you see them, and never to make friends with them.

The Koran can never be the final message to us because its doctrines runs contrary to the teachings of all prophets preceding mohammed, and he was never mentioned in any Biblical prophecy.

Mohammed just rode on the ignorance of arabs to reinvent allah, the idol of the kuraish tribe which was housed in the ka’aba together with its three daughters and the other numerous idols.

Go to the threads on the contradictions in the Koran and you will be amazed at the various inconsistencies in the Koran that your fellow NL muslims have not been able to explain away.

You can also visit the numerous threads here dealing with it and contribute there. But who was God referring to when He was always addressing Himself in the plural, Elohim in the scriptures? You can open a thread on this and I will engage you there.

If I say this right you will say that wrong. I mentioned that Jesus proclaimed in Gospel of Mathew, Ch. No. 15, Verse No. 24…  ‘I am not sent, but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.’ This is a clear quote in the bible that Jesus was only sent to save the family of Israel. Who are the family of Israel? The world knows who are they – they are not European or any other continental purported Christians. Which messenger was sent to Christians? No body! And I now brought to you that the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to entire mankind including the Jews, and also Christians if any. Q34:28 says: “nd We have not sent thee (O Muhammad) save as a bringer of good tidings and a warner unto all mankind; but most of mankind know not”. The simple to refute this powerful truth that I brought is to quote a Qur’anic verse (if any) that says he was sent to a particular generation e.g. to say Arabs, just as I quoted the bible for confirming the truth that Jesus was only meant to the Jews. You claimed that Islam is not meant to include  the Jews and Christians since it command to kill them wherever they are met. Where did you get this command in the Qur’an. Your problem is that you always quote the Qur’an out of context. My neighbour at home is a Christian and we eat and converse together. My co-partner in my present school domicile is also Christian and sometime I reply to you while he is with me. We cook, eat and drink together. If were commanded to kill the Christian I would have killed since; Zakir naik would have killed William Campbell during their debate; all Christians and Jews in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Oman and Iraq would have been all killed. It is a sheer lie to Muslims were commanded in the Qur’an to kill all Jews and Christians wherever they meet them. When Allah says in 9:5: “Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush….” It is only meant in the context of war while at the battle field. For instance the Talibans are at war with the US; so wherever the Taliban’s army meet the American soldier he should kill him and vice versa. This is the meaning and nothing more and it is the reason why I am now living with Christian friend in school and home as well and I did not kill him because it is forbidden in Islam; even his cat or goat is forbidden for me to kill in Islam. The full right of non-muslim is fully established in Islam. In the subsequent verses (9:6-7) Allah continues to say:

“And if anyone of the idolaters seeketh thy protection (O Muhammad), then protect him so that he may hear the word of Allah; and afterward convey him to his place of safety. That is because they are a folk who know not. How can there be a treaty with Allah and with His messenger for the idolaters save those with whom ye made a treaty at the Inviolable Place of Worship? So long as they are true to you, be true to them. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty”. ALLAHU AKBAR AND HE MUST BE THE EXALTED!!!!            

I DONT NEED ANY THREAD BUT YOU NOW BRING (IF YOU CAN) ANYTHING WHICH YOU THINK IS CONTRADICATION IN THE QUR'AN AND I WILL GIVE YOU A LAST BLOW OF DEFEAT.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by Abuzola11(m): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2009
Jesus said 'is it not written in ur law,' i said you are gods ? If he came to them gods to whom the word of God came' john 10:35

this shows that every man of God is a God. Hilarious that you christian are ignorant of ur bible. Long live Islam
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by AbuSafwan(m): 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nezan:

What stupid reasoning are you spewing? If mohammed can plagiarise the Bible, twist Biblical stories and mix them with a spice of Arabic fairy tale and put it into the mouth of the idol, called allah, who was placed in the ka’aba alongside his three daughters and other over three hundred idols, how can you insinuate that those words were not written under God’s inspiration?

How do you expect me to ask God to utter His words directly to you from heaven, confirming to you that Jesus is God? Only God can do that, and I cannot dishonestly claim to be God!

It is not fault that made bible to be written by men. The historian priest wrote it and it why Dr. W. Graham Scroggie of the MOODY BIBLE INSTITUTE, says in page 17 of his book under the heading "It is Human yet divne: "Yes, the Bible is human, though some, out of zeal which is not according to knowledge, 1 have denied this. Those books2 have passed through the minds of men, are written in the language of men, were penned by the hands of men, and bear in their style the characteristics of men." It is known that prophet Muhammad had been unlettered even in the Qur'an how can you say he wrote the Qur'an. and Imust ask you again which God says in the bible Jesus is another God. I can see you mentioning Thomas say, Is it the thomas that gave the Jesus title of God.
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by AbuSafwan(m): 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Jesus said 'is it not written in your law,' i said you are gods ? If he came to them gods to whom the word of God came' john 10:35

this shows that every man of God is a God. Hilarious that you christian are ignorant of your bible. Long live Islam

OH! THE STUATION IS LIKE, BUT I DONT KNOW. IS THAT MEAN NEZAN, TOLUXO, TONEYB AND I CAN ALSO BE CONSIDERED gods. IF THAT THE CASE, WALLAHI ABUZOLA I MUST PROCLAIM NOT EVEN TO MEN BUT JINNS THAT CHRISTIANITY MUST HAVE BEEN NONSENSE. ALL PEOPLE IN THE WOLRD ARE gods!!!!!!!!!
Re: Testify By Yourself: Christianity & Islam by AbuSafwan(m): 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2009
Nezan:

Jesus accepted worship. This is not adoration of a mere prophet, but praise and worship due only to God.

How can Jesus be a muslim when He existed hundreds of years before the founder of islam, mohammed was even born. This is hilarious and a delusion of the highest order!

If Jesus is God why was he died. the true God never died. Infact how can a human can kill God as some of your invented docrine claimed that he was kille d by some among your forefatjers.

The reason why Jesus is a Muslim is because all the prophets of Allah (including Isah – Jesus -  had preached Islam and nothing more. Even in the bible the concept of Islam (submission) is there in succinct manner. The way Muslims pray is there but there is no any mentioning of church gathering. Not even the word “bible” can we find in the whole of the so called Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Thus, “bible” is just a label. Who had given it that name we don’t know. If the bible is the word of God how came it that God had written a whole book but forgot to give it name! If He called it Bible, we ask, in which chapter and verse? Also, we muslims believe that jesus professed Islam (Quran 61v6). If somebody out there retorts: “no, Jesus professed Christianity”, we ask: where in the “bible” is the word “christianity” mentioned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Where Did Mohammed’s Stories Come From? / Lessons From The Triumphant Entry / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.