Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Crazy Nigerian Football CARTOON! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Crazy Nigerian Football CARTOON! (720 Views)

Name The Worst Cartoon Ever / Why Do Most Guys Watch Cartoon? / Cat And Rat: New Nigerian Cartoon For Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Nigerian Football CARTOON! by AdamuW: 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
Hi all,
Here's a link to a short animation we produced. We came up with an idea for a football related advert campaign as the world cup is just around the corner.

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcO04YNTsSs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b[/flash]

We are looking to pitch the idea to several corporate bodies but we wanted to test it out on the public first. We have already posted it up on the sports section as that's where the target audience really is and the response has been really good so far. As there are usually debates about adverts in this section I thought I'd post it up on here as well to see what people thought.

Thanks again
Re: Crazy Nigerian Football CARTOON! by grafikdon: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
This very hilarious. I actually watched this several times just to get some chuckles. the guy with traditional and bling is hilarious without even saying a word. grin grin He looks like an slowpoke but from the way he talks, you can tell he's a smart dude with a great sense of humour.

The accent is very authentic, no pretentious and atrocious "I wanna ganna warra meeeeeennn". Very authentic. Love the style. Keep the flag flying, man.

Guinea challenging Nigeria in football is like a son slapping the father grin grin, lol

"If they are wise, they should descend low, and let their fada cross, " ROTFLOL!!!  grin D (Notice his gesture when he said "low"wink

This is really cool funny stuff.
Re: Crazy Nigerian Football CARTOON! by davidif: 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2009
HILLARIOUS. chai, Nigerians grin grin.

Excellent commercial, i love that he used an ibo man to do the commercial, it made it better especially because of the ibo accent and ibo proverbs he he he. Ibo's have a way of mixing there language with english and it can be very hillarious at times.
Re: Crazy Nigerian Football CARTOON! by AdamuW: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2009
@Grafikdon
First of all, I have to mention that I've been following your work for years now and love what you are doing so keep it up. You basically got the points we were trying to hit withh the piece. Animation is great for exagerration so we just added a few details to the characters but not in negative sense. It's not about poking fun at the characters but admiring their love of football and how they express it.

@davidif
Thanks and I replied to you properly in the sports section but yeah we loved the way the main character flowed with his lyrics!

(1) (Reply)

Where I Can Watch Miami Ink Episodes? / Exclusive>> Mercy Johnson Other Affairs In A Video / Should We Make This A Tv Show In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.