Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

New Discovery Helpful To Plantain Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / New Discovery Helpful To Plantain Farmers (711 Views)

How To Apply Chicken Waste To Plantain Suckers / The Signpost At A Plantain Garden: "Steal With Joy & Die With Tears" (Photo) / Banana and Plantain Farmers Federation Association of Nigeria(BAPFAN)08074660338 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Discovery Helpful To Plantain Farmers by Ken4agent(m): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2017
KENFARM NEW DISCOVERY

Maintaining one, two or three suckers per rootstock in plantain (Musa spp.) populations of 2000, 1600 and 1333 per hectare were evaluated for sustained yield in the orchard for three harvest cycles. The yield per plantain for the plant crop was not significantly affected by either population density or the number of suckers maintained. However, the total yield significantly increased with the increased plantain population per hectare.

The yield per plantain decreased in the first and subsequent ratoon crop harvests as the original plantain population per hectare doubled or tripled when two or three suckers were maintained respectively per rootstock. Although the total yield per hectare was significantly higher when two or three suckers were maintained per rootstock, the individual bunch weight and the fingers significantly decreased to an unacceptable size to the consumers.

Establishment of orchards at 1600 plantains per hectare with two suckers maintained per rootstock in subsequent cycles produced consistently good quality marketable fingers and sustained high yield.

Like we always say, kenfarm is commuted to enlightening farmer on best agronomic best practice to increase yield so that :

.....…..together we can feed the Nation while creating jobs

For enquiry, chat with our online customer care 08038623884. Or send mail to kenfarm2020@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: New Discovery Helpful To Plantain Farmers by remioshy(f): 7:51pm On Feb 01, 2017
Thank you Mr Ken, I'm still waiting for my detailed info, looking forward to doing business with you
Re: New Discovery Helpful To Plantain Farmers by Ken4agent(m): 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
remioshy:
Thank you Mr Ken, I'm still waiting for my detailed info, looking forward to doing business with you

Thanks my Bro, pls remind me of the info I need to send. I have lot of people demanding for my update
Re: New Discovery Helpful To Plantain Farmers by Ken4agent(m): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2017
so!e demand is repost this as this info to be the solution to his problem...hope u got it

(1) (Reply)

HOT Durable Bag Closer / Bag Stitching Machine For Sale / Tzy-c Chaff Cutter And Grain Crusher / Cbn Agsmes Loan Successful Applicant Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.