Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai (590 Views)

Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku / El-rufai - I Am Neither A Religious Bigot Nor An Ethnic Jingoist / Finally Absolute Proof Buhari Is A Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by OrientDailyNews: 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2017

The Kaduna State Governor, Nasiru El-Rufai, has said he is not an ethnic jingoist or a religious bigot as alleged by many. He said the reason the Southern Kaduna crisis had lingered on was because perpetrators had been left unpunished for 35 years, assuring that those behind the crisis will be punished under his government.

Addressing a six-member senate Adhoc Committee led by Senator Kabiru Gaya, who were in the state to assess the situation on Tuesday, the governor said those arrested will be punished.

According to El-Rufai, “I am the governor of Kaduna state, if you break the law you will be punished.

“The entire Kaduna city has been divided and there is need to regain the confidence and come together.

“I am not an ethnic jingoist or a religious bigot so those who alleged that I am sponsoring Southern Kaduna crisis are just mischievous, no governor wants crisis in his state,” El.Rufai said.

Speaking on their mission in the state, Gaya accused politicians of using the crisis for political gain.

The lawmaker disclosed that the committee was set up to investigate the causes of the frequent attacks.

“Part of the mission of the Adhoc committee are to interact , discuss with government , stakeholders, community leaders, security agencies and other relevant bodies that will contribute to bringing lasting peace,” he said.

The Catholic Archdiocese of Kafanchan, had in December disclosed that no fewer than 800 people lost their lives in a crisis that broke out in southern Kaduna.

In a bid to stop the crisis in the area, the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai had in December 2016 disclosed that his administration traced some violent and aggrieved Fulani herdsmen to their countries and paid them to stop the killings but the killings still persist.

Source

https://orientdailynews.com/i-am-not-an-ethnic-jingoist-or-religious-bigot-el-rufai/

Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by ghettowriter(m): 1:08pm On Feb 01, 2017
Lol @Ethnic jingoist.

seriously, that title suits Elrufia very well
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by Mynd44: 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by OrientDailyNews: 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by segunjowo(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
hmmm
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by orunto27: 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
ghettowriter:
Lol @Ethnic jingoist.

seriously, that title suits Elrufia very well

Hell-re:fire.
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by medpren: 1:37pm On Feb 01, 2017
In the words if midol:

'We yoruba muslim zombies believe you because you are fulani, we also pray to Allah that the SE and SS will believe you too. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by Blue3k(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
Your not good at enforcing rule of law either apparently. If killers run around and don't fear arrest. If social media has to hound you day and night. If you spend more time putting out fires than doing job.
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by yarimo(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2017
El rufai don't worry we all know the truth, Ehh the thunder that will fire you just left GAMBIA to Where ever you are. undecided
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by sbashir10(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
God bless Mallam El Rufai.. keep making Kaduna great again
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by haywire07(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
i'm a Fan of Rufai, but i must say that he is a fanatic without he being conscious of it. If someone likes this becomes the president, he will make good governance but religiously bias. This kind of man sees christian doctrine and mode of worship as socially and environmentally unethical and unhealthy

ps..
a friend from southern Kaduna during the christmas season told me with "swearing" that they often heard choppers landing at night ,then the killing starts . Fulanis can afford that ,can they?
Re: I Am Not An Ethnic Jingoist Or Religious Bigot – El-rufai by owobokiri(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2017
Sir, You are! It comes naturally to you! This was the guy who as the then minister of the FCT was busy ranting about igbos being the owners of 70% of landed property in Abuja. He went even further to state that Igbos from Anambra constitute the biggest chunk of that ownership. Lots of igbos had their ego well massaged by that revelation but it was a prelude to disaster..., land grabs, demolitions and all that..He even later accepted that he acquired some lands illegally! Now close your eyes and imagine the painstaking effort that went into such a detailed data analyses of which ethnic group owns what and what in Abuja! Ask yourself; what was the purpose of that all important study? These are the educated chunk of the fulani. Dambazau is a PHD holder! You would expect them to handle things better, Yet all they do is to introduce greater "sophistication" to tribal chauvinsm.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook User Joins 2face's Protest With The Photo / EDO TRIBUNAL: Juju Man Testifies For PDP / Profile President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.