Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 (1997 Views)

Alabi Isama And Obasanjo Eating During The Civil War In 1968 (Throwback Photo) / Pictures Of Onitsha Before The Civil War / Lagos Police Rescinds Ban Decision, To Provide Security For Feb 6th Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 6:48pm On Feb 01, 2017
I feel so moved to talk to Nairalanders and anyone reading this. The message below is clear and simple that anyone can understand.

Check the history of the world and how development and growth was inspired by force out of the leaders. Read on industrial revolution, the French revolution etc.

1. Nothing changes significantly except through revolution. In this case, a civil protest.

2. The country is not anywhere. Dont deceive yourselves. People are suffering.

3. When the cost of basic things (shelter, food, clothing, water) are rising uncontrollably, then a big problem is imminent.

4. Low income, rising cost and poverty are triplets.

5. How many corpers have been paid for Jan.

6. FG and state civil servants are being owed.

7. Pensioners like my mother are being owed 2 years in arrears.

8. Those who quit NITEL if not almost a decade now are still being owed.

Life is tough my fellow Nigerians. Make inquiries about house rents around Lagos.

9. Getting married now is by divine intervention now because of rising cost of firewood, cow and rice. Vegetable oil price has doubled.

10. The general population of Nigeria except few like 2face who in his humility decided to spearhead this are suffering.

Ask yourself this: "If you do nothing now, will there be improvement or the situation would further deteriorate".

Its only a matter of time before things get out of hand and then the situation becomes irreversible.

Remeber you will pay your kids fees. You know how much it is now.
Buying a land is like looking for ruby in your freezer.
Buying a car nko. Sirs and mas. This! Is! Not! Funny!.

1 dollar is around N500 market rate.
1 pound around N600 market rate.

Its a civil protest to show our uneasiness, the strife, the unhappiness and challenges we are going through and I will be part of it in my own little way. YOU SHOULD DO SO TOO.

I blog at www.HRtechnique.com

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by Lawalemi(m): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2017
If you chose not to join, I believe you will be forced to organize one soon.

Checkout my signature and visit page for freebies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by chimerase2: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2017
I rada stand with a lion than stand with BUBU
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by SalamRushdie: 7:14pm On Feb 01, 2017
Nivea rollon is now 700 naira , Toyota corolla now 22 million naira..
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by rose54321: 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please Nigerians let's come out and protest peaceful.
For the government all of a sudden to set up "istandwittbuhari' rally, it shows they are scared, they are afraid.
Power always resides with the people , lets United as Nigerians stand with Nigeria and not with one man whose body language has further divided nigeria.

I don't stand with Buhari, #istandwithnigeria

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
I am ready to listen to another perspective. Maybe im wrong to think this way.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by 989900: 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
Currency racketeering is a major cause of the present inflation, and the buck stops with Emefiele and Buhari.
Anyone close to people who know, knows this our new 'oil subsidy' fraud, with the CBN governor and the President being both clueless and complicit.

Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
nmreports:
I feel so moved to talk to Nairalanders and anyone reading this. The message below is clear and simple that anyone can understand.

Check the history of the world and how development and growth was inspired by force out of the leaders. Read on industrial revolution, the French revolution etc.

1. Nothing changes significantly except through revolution. In this case, a civil protest.

2. The country is not anywhere. Dont deceive yourselves. People are suffering.

3. When the cost of basic things (shelter, food, clothing, water) are rising uncontrollably, then a big problem is imminent.

4. Low income, rising cost and poverty are triplets.

5. How many corpers have been paid for Feb.

6. FG and state civil servants are being owed.

7. Pensioners like my mother are being owed 2 years in arrears.

8. Those who quit NITEL if not almost a decade now are still being owed.

Life is tough my fellow Nigerians. Make inquiries about house rents around Lagos.

9. Getting married ia by divine intervention now because of rising cost of firewood, cow and rice. Vegetable oil price has doubled.

10. The general population of Nigeria except few like 2face who in his humility decided to spearhead this are suffering.

Ask yourself this: "If you do nothing now, will there be improvement or the situation would further deteriorate".

Its only a matter of time before things get out of hand and it becomes irreversible.

1 dollar is around N500 market rate.
1 pound around N600 market rate.

Its a civil protest to show our uneasiness, the strife, the unhappiness and challenges we are going through and I will be part of it in my own little way. YOU SHOULD DO SO TOO.

I blog at www.HRtechnique.com

I have nothing more to add...
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
nmreports:
Cc:
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
OAM4J

Why are you calling seun? The nigga would always be mute on matters like this....Open any antichristain thread, All his blood would start flowing angry
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by devilson(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
istandwithtuface together we must march to take back our country from all this political crooks.
if we don't do it now,we cannot do it again.

istandwithnigeria
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by airminem(f): 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
989900:
Currency racketeering is a major cause of the present inflation, and the buck stops with Emefiele and Buhari.
Anyone close to people who know, knows this our new 'oil subsidy' fraud, with the CBN governor and the President being both clueless and complicit.

The Governor Of C B N Should Be ReplaceD Fast

1 Like

Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by auntysimbiat(f): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2017
ma people !! 2baba dey house
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 5:52am On Feb 02, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nivea rollon is now 700 naira , Toyota corolla now 22 million naira..

WHEW!
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by Jokerman(m): 6:15am On Feb 02, 2017
Price of everything has doubled in the market..m unbelievably. ..

I am in on the protest...
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by fabre4: 6:27am On Feb 02, 2017
airminem:

The Governor Of C B N Should Be ReplaceD Fast
and the new one will still be controlled
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 7:57am On Feb 02, 2017
fabre4:

You agree that CBN is the main issue?.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by Wantedmiller: 8:08am On Feb 02, 2017
the only reason am joining the protest is because a cup of garri is very high now.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by airminem(f): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2017
fabre4:

Realy?
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 10:36am On Feb 02, 2017
airminem:

Realy?

You have a different opinion?
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by Vladdo: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2017
AFTER THE PROTEST, THEN WHAT ??

@the onset, the same "Bubu" tried to set the stage and pace of events. He volunteered cuts to his personal income, same went for the man next to him, given the circumstances.. what did the guys in the legislative arm do to encourage these dance steps? He submitted to work with only 17/18 cabinet ministers to cut costs and run a lean and efficient structure, we shouted! Personally, our protests should be to address issues such as scaling down the National assembly budget, making it a part-time thing, and possibly knocking off one of them completely. The system as practiced now is quite expensive and unfortunately, we lack the resources to continue with the soured jamboree. If the issues are not appropriately articulated, then am afraid, we still have a long way to go, protests upon protests, regardless!
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 7:52am On Feb 03, 2017
DDeliverer:

Why are you calling seun? The nigga would always be mute on matters like this....Open any antichristain thread, All his blood would start flowing angry

Lol
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
This should be on FP
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by hotswagg12: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Op God bless you. You are indeed a patriot.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 7:31am On Feb 04, 2017
hotswagg12:
Op God bless you. You are indeed a patriot.

Thanks chief. Hows the weekend going?.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by kolado(m): 8:17am On Feb 04, 2017
In fact, poverty is the breadwinner of Nigerian economy. They've reduced this country to a loaf of bread.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by hotswagg12: 8:49am On Feb 04, 2017
nmreports:

Thanks chief. Hows the weekend going?.
..we bless God oooo. Lalastica should do the needful.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
kolado:
In fact, poverty is the breadwinner of Nigerian economy. They've reduced this country to a loaf of bread.

Its sad sir. I hope the protest yield results.
My concern are the prices of basic things, especially food.
How are you coping?.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by kolado(m): 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
nmreports:

Its sad sir. I hope the protest yield results.
My concern are the prices of basic things, especially food.
How are you coping?.
Only God can help us in this country. I just pray God have mercy on us. The hardship is unbearable. I have to cope as the economy demands.
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by nmreports: 7:04am On Feb 05, 2017
Mynd44
Re: OPINION: 10 Reasons Why I Wanted To Support The Civil Protest Of Feb 6th 2017 by auntysimbiat(f): 9:02am On Feb 05, 2017
Hmmm... Make brain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Reject Motion To Release Nnamdi Kanu And Dansuki On Bail. / Niger Delta youths reacts to Army to launch Operation Crocodile smile in S'South / We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.