Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers (1907 Views)

Gunmen Attack: Resort To Violence Cannot Save You- PDP Tells Yahaya Bello / Minimum Wage: Buhari Has Scammed You, PDP Tells Nigerian Civil Servants / Coalition To Oshiomhole: 'Resign Now Or Be Forced Out You PDP Mole' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
People’s Democratic Party National Youth League (PDPNYL), Osun State Branch through their State Coordinator Ogunsola Oluwasogo and the State Publicity Secretary Shakirat Temitope supports the workers’ strike in Osun State. They implore all the Labour Union Executives in Osun State should call a Congress now, on the following agenda :

The half salaries being paid by the Aregbesola’s government, and the way on how to collect the balance. The government of Aregbesola, should stop being selfish, by paying the workers their entitlement (full salaries) and retirees their pensions and gratuities. And also promotion of workers at the due time, because it is their right.

The People’s Democratic Party National Youth League (PDPNYL), Osun State Branch, hereby solitaries with the Labour Union or workers of Osun State. We expresses our support for the strike action declared by the Labour Union under the umbrella of Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), which commenced on the 27/12/2017.

We the people of Osun State PDPNYL, join the Labour Union in the demanding of their legal right, which is the full payment of their monthly salaries, also the payments of pensions of the retirees, and the Osun State government should pay the remaining half salary of the workers. We are bold to say that the strike should have started since, but when they discovered that the government are not listening to their own plight, they are forced to embark on the strike. The reasons are not far fetched, as we can see, we are in the festive period, they celebrated their Christmas in a small way, because their is no money. But they are trying not to allow the same thing to happen in the new year celebration, in the cause of this, we PDPNYL members, pledge our support for the Labour Union in demanding for their rights.

It is very sardonic that the Labour Union executives in Osun State kept mute since all this while. We are sure if the leadership have taken a mass or serious actions, for example, mass protests, rallies or Congress, the workers will not be in this situation, the government of Osun State would have been looking for solutions on how to pay them. Let us take for an example, the person that suppose to be fighting for the right of the Civil Servants, the same person, government is now using him against the workers, the person is, Comrade Oyebade, the head of Civil Service. Rather for him to be leading the workers and retirees in the protest, he allowed himself to be used against his own people in the Civil Service.

The fraudulent act of this man and some of the executive in the labour union allowed or provided the Aregbesola government the opportunity to go away with the looting of the workers legitimate right.

At this juncture, I on behalf of the Osun State PDPNYL, implore the workers that, there should be no compromise between the workers and the Osun State Government led by Ogbeni Adesoji Rauf Aregbesola, until the government meet their demands, and also they should call congresses and stage mass protests and rallies.

It is very clear, visible to the blind and audible to the deaf, that the workers have embarked on an indefinite strike, and they should not resume until the government give them their rights. I call on the labour leaders to call many meetings where the worker will share their own point of view and also take decisions, a democratic one not a one side decision on how to prosecute the strike. The blocking of the state secretariat in Abere, two days ago is not enough, they should go more than that, till the government will meet their demands, because boycotting works or sitting at home, is not enough.

Furthermore, the leaders of the Union, should not fight this battle alone, they should consult the support of other bodies, like ASUU(Universities), NASU, ASUP(Polytechnics), COEASU(colleges of education) and some institutions or associations like NMA and NUJ. And also, by doing this it will help other groups such as Students’ Union, Pro-Labour Civil Society.

The government maybe giving flimsy excuse that there is no money, that is the reason why they are paying half salary, just of recent, the president of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, gave out a directive, that all the governors should pay their workers, still some of them are adamant, example is our own governor in Osun State, and also each state collected a Paris Club Fund apart from the monthly allocations and Internally Generated Revenue, where are these huge amount of money going to?

During this year May Day, i.e Workers’ Day, he consoled the long suffering workers, that he will pay them their full salaries, until now, he has failed them. The reason why Osun State found itself in the current financial problem is as a result of the immoral character of the government of Aregbesola.

At this point, workers and the people of Osun State must not be blindfolded with the flimsy excuses of the Aregbesola government. The present economic crisis and financial problem the State is into now, is caused by the government’s inveterate kleptomaniac character.

We members of People’s Democratic Party National Youth League (PDPNYL), Osun State Chapter calls on workers not to fix any rotten compromises with the regime.
https://africa-press.com/nigeria/policy/behind-pdp-tells-osun-workers
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bibidear(f): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
I just hope all is well in Osun state
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by rayblings(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
shocked shocked

Bang de de Deng!!!

Osun State. we need to change the names of our States. The other day I told my US client I am going to Ijebu Ode and now she's in the hospital for tongue surgery after biting her tongue in the process of pronouncing the name and that was how I loosed a client

Restructure Nigeria simple.

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bibidear:
I just hope all is well in Osun state
Aregbesola will not scatter Osun state for us (citizens and lovers of the state)
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bibidear(f): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Aregbesola will not scatter Osun state for us (citizens and lovers of the state)
i am from the state,i think he tried in terms of developing the state....but the half salary is something else cos its affecting people in the state
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Mynd44: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
Who will now stand with the poor workers of Ekiti?

3 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by okotv(m): 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
Mynd44:
hahahaha
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bibidear:

i am from the state,i think he tried in terms of developing the state....but the half salary is something else cos its affecting people in the state
My Dear, Ogbeni tried with his Education policy (Omo or whatever) but failed woefully in terms of welfare of citizens.

It is a crime against humanity to deny labour of their entitlement

1 Like

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
Mynd44:
They are not complaining of Fayose na...

Errm are they?

4 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bibidear(f): 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

My Dear, Ogbeni tried with his Education policy (Omo or whatever) but failed woefully in terms of welfare of citizens.

opon imo.......yea,thats true,i just hope they are smart to vote APC out

4 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by OfficialAwol(m): 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
Anything against APC gladdens my heart.

Even their bad news, is good news to me

5 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bibidear(f): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Errm are they?
maybe u dont read news....he is also owing them their salaries

1 Like

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Mynd44: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Errm are they?
He paid them July Salary in December.

They are not complaining oooo

2 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by frankyychiji(f): 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
Osun state should be placed on OLX already.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by GavelSlam: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Agreed but talk about Bayelsa State. An Ijaw state , home to a former president. A state that receives larger allocation than most.

A state that has no infrastructure.

A state that has one of the lowest population counts.

Bayelsa State acknowledges it owes 5 months of salaries while the workers claim they are owed between 10 and 16 months salaries.

Please talk about them.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by engineerboat(m): 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
Mynd44:

Go and stand with them now.

Anybody whole young leg and hand ni

2 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by engineerboat(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Bibidear:

How many months if I may ask

1 Like

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by engineerboat(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
GavelSlam:

Agreed but talk about Bayelsa State. An Ijaw state , home to a former president. A state that receives larger allocation than most.

Bayelsa State acknowledges it owes 5 months of slariwd while the workers claim they are owed between 10 and 16 months salaries.

Please talk about them.

There days are coming,

But this Baba Raufu, half salary since 2015 June (june 2015 - Dec 2017 1/2 salary) making 30 months 1/2 salaries summing up to 15 Solid months, haabaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Aregbesola, Baba Raufu, eleyi ko dara hoooooooo

habaaaaaa Kilodeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bibidear(f): 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
engineerboat:

How many months if I may ask
i heard six months
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bibidear(f): 11:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
frankyychiji:
Osun state should be placed on OLX already.
what are u talking about,the state is doing fine......d half salary is just the issue

2 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:43am On Dec 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

Bayelsa State acknowledges it owes 5 months of salaries while the workers claim they are owed between 10 and 16 months salaries.

Please talk about them.
My brother, we are talking of Osun not Bayelsa na

3 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:45am On Dec 30, 2017
Bibidear:

my Dear, I'm not Fayose media Aide but how does the plight of Osun workers affect Ekiti?

3 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by UduMgbo1: 1:22am On Dec 30, 2017
Tonye boy how far naa grin

well make i no use my reggae spoil your blues
carry on

@ topic
having pity to the people of osun state is like me having pity to the people of Imo state (my tribesmen)
but will i pity them? no!
when they're busy eating Iresi aregbe they never knew that they're eating their salaries
the same people will still go ahead and vote for apc again thinking they're are doing igbos that are far away in the east enjoying their salaries even before month ends.
since majority of igbos supports pdp they'll think that voting pdp who are going to put them out of their misery is the same as voting and imaginary igbo man in their state because most of osun (mainly Muslims) are bigots infact 70% of nairaland yeroba Muslim bigots are from osun state so to them voting pdp is equal to voting an Igbo man to rule them.
wonder why they hate Fayose and FFK Even technocrats like Jimi Agbaje was sacrificed on the alter of bigotry.
so just like Imo state I'll never pity these people

1 Like

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by GavelSlam: 1:23am On Dec 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, we are talking of Osun not Bayelsa na

But you and most people never talk about Bayelsa.

It's almost as if Bayelsa deserves to be given a by for some untold reason.

We must talk about Bayelsa.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bibidear(f): 7:44am On Dec 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
my Dear, I'm not Fayose media Aide but how does the plight of Osun workers affect Ekiti?
i thought u were asking someone if fayose owed the workers their salaries

1 Like

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by omenkaLives(m): 7:47am On Dec 30, 2017
Bros, what happened to APDA? shocked
TonyeBarcanista:

2 Likes

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by NCP: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

Please talk about them.

Am Bookmarking This For The Future.
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by UduMgbo1: 8:04am On Dec 30, 2017
omenkaLives:
ayam the new shiaman of APDA angry
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by Bolustical: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2017
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:

TonyeBarcanista:

TonyeBarcanista:

Errm are they?
TonyeBarcanista:
[/s]
You're here gallivanting on Osun's state salaries issue but your state Bayelsa is owing over 8 months of salaries despite having just 8 local governments as compared to Osun's over 20 LGAs.

Osun does not collect 13% derivation, taxes from oil companies but yet delivers much dividend of democracy than all South South states combined when compared to revenue earned!

Oga, be responsible in your critique.

1 Like

Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

But you and most people never talk about Bayelsa.

It's almost as if Bayelsa deserves to be given a by for some untold reason.

We must talk about Bayelsa.
Oh Bayelsa, I am quite aware that Dickson has ordered immediate up-to-date payment of salaries to Bayelsa workforce, but that is not the subject here
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Dec 30, 2017
Bibidear:

i thought u were asking someone if fayose owed the workers their salaries

I never asked if Fayose is owing because I know that he is.

My question was; Are Ekiti labour complaining? Well, niobody is happy being owed but that is not the subject at hand..
Re: We Are Behind You, PDP Tells Osun Workers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44am On Dec 30, 2017
omenkaLives:
Well, I can't speak about the party but as you can see, we have returned (not defected) home to our umbrella after some grey areas was resolved.

That is a forgone subject my bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva / PHOTOS: Fashola Inspect The Construction Of Aba Township Rail/road Bridge / Fayose Hilarious Tweet To Fayemi On Use Of Charterred Flight To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.