Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now (2507 Views)

Ares Activation Code / Need Help With My Ares / Ares Galaxy Unable To Connect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by nike4luv(f): 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2007
hey guys,
i eavesdropped a conversation between my teacher and one of my colleagues about the dangers of using limewire and ares now adays.
is it true that you get charged for it now? they mentioned something about microsoft that i dont get.

so is limewire and ares trouble? can anyone help on this? i need to know how much trouble am in

Thanks
Re: Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2007
i think i heard something like that once. i think that most of the files being transferred are violating copyright laws. the usage of p2p clients might be illegal but this applies to some countries.
Re: Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by naijacutee(f): 12:15am On Jan 16, 2007
Ok, I didn't hear any of this ok?
Re: Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by phoenixman: 12:40am On Jan 16, 2007
limewire sofware now tracks the materials you download. there is something out there that does not track downsloads. wont say what it is tho
Re: Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by nike4luv(f): 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2007
so are they going to charge us heavily for it, i mean ares and limewire users? embarassed i need to know maybe i can delete the programme
Re: Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by phoenixman: 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2007
try using azureus
Re: Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by Free(f): 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2007
well dat sucks grin

i dnt download anymore anywayz grin
Re: Limewire And Ares- Are They Illegal Now by marhoatumu(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2007
i dont know about tracing and paying and all that but if that started, at least one site will have some news about it. and i havent seen any, so ride on .

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer / How Do I Install Windows Xp On A Computer With Windows Vista Pre-installed? / How To Solve Error 0x800f0906/install/enable .net Framework 3.5 On Windows 8/8.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.