Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer (2508 Views)

Ways To Reduce How Much Data Your Win­dows 10 PC Uses / Free Unlimited Internet Access - 2018 - 10 On Android Phone Users / 5 Reasons Why You Must Backup Your Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by yiinksdavid(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2021
Microsoft changed a lot of things with the launch of Windows 10. Most importantly, Microsoft made it easy to install Windows without having to activate it. The idea was to reduce the rampant piracy and cracked versions of Windows that were in circulation.

It turns out there are several reasons behind it, and you should buy a Windows license at the earliest. Let’s understand why and then we will see how to activate Windows 10 too.

KEY FEATURES ARE MISSING

One reason why you should consider activating Windows 10 is its features. Windows 10 comes with several features, many of which are only available in the licensed version. Some of my favorites are systemwide dark mode, Free Microsoft support, Windows Defender and Security, Focus Assist, and efficiency of the preinstalled apps, among others.

You also can’t install and use Microsoft Office in Windows 10 unless you activate it. If you manage to install the crack or trial version, you will be greeted with a constant pop-up reminding you to activate. That’s annoying and counter-productive.

What you do get is a watermark at the bottom right of the screen that reminds you that you are using the free version.

These are just some of the key features that you would be missing. And the Windows dev team is constantly working on new features that you will never receive because you can’t download updates either.

BUGS FIXES AND PATCHES

If you thought Windows updates were just about pushing new features or updating old ones, you are wrong. Microsoft frequently pushes small updates that fix known bugs and errors. These bugs affect how you interact with Windows OS as well as Microsoft apps.

The Microsoft development team are not the only people who are looking for these bugs. Independent developers and enthusiasts are also working as freelancers via the Microsoft Bug Bounty Program. If you find a bug and report it to Microsoft, you will receive a reward for your effort. These rewards can be substantial, which is why some people have made it their profession and do this for a living too.

SECURITY UPDATES ARE ESSENTIAL

Windows Updates also contain security fixes for malware, virus, and other cyber threats that were discovered recently. Fighting cyber criminals and hackers is like a never-ending war. You can never defeat them but only keep them at bay, and Windows updates are one way to do that.

You can do your bit by updating your computer, which you can only do after you activate Windows 10 on your computer. You need these security updates and fixes to protect your data, identity, and for preventing hackers from taking over your system for blackmailing you. That’s called ransomware, and it’s a nightmare.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by yiinksdavid(m): 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
Genuine License/Activation Keys for the following Microsoft products are available at a very low cost . kindly reach out via my signature for more details.

Exchange Server 2016 (Standard and Enterprise Edition)
Exchange Server 2019 (Standard and Enterprise Edition)

Office 2013 (Professional, Standard and Ultimate version)
Office 2016 (Professional, Standard and Ultimate version)
Office 2019 (Professional, Standard and Ultimate version)

Office 365
- Project Professional 2019
- Office Home and Business 2019
- Visio Professional 2019
- Office Professional Plus 2019

Office Home and Business 2016 for Mac
Office Home and Business 2019 for Mac

Office Professional Plus 2016
Office Professional Plus 2019

SharePoint Server 2016 (Standard and Enterprise)
SharePoint Server 2019 (Standard and Enterprise)

Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
Visual Studio Enterprise 2019

Visual Studio 2017 for Mac
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac

Windows 10 Pro
Windows 10 Enterprise
Windows 10 Pron N
Windows 10 Education

Windows Server 2016 (Datacenter, Remote Desktop Services user connection(50) and Standard)

Windows Server 2019 (Datacenter, Remote Desktop Services user connection(50) and Standard).
Re: Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by yiinksdavid(m): 10:46am On Sep 21, 2021
Do you want your OS environment and apps to respond quicker and run faster?

Do you want to always get the newest security updates, patches to restrict easy access of viruses, malwares, spywares affecting your OS environment?

Do you want to get critical updates to improve all app functions on your environment

Do you want to have personalization settings unblocked?

Do you want to have free support from MS Agent?

Kindly check if your Windows OS is activated and if not, ensure you get a valid activation/license key as this will save you the stress of resolving issues on your system by paying technicians all the time for OS related issues.

Genuine and Legitimate Activation/License retail keys directly from Microsoft available at a very low cost. kindly reach out via my signature for more details.

Office 365

Windows 10 Pro Plus
Windows 10 Enterprise
Windows 10 Pron N
Windows 10 Education

Windows Server 2016 (Datacenter, Remote Desktop Services user connection(50) and Standard)

Windows Server 2019 (Datacenter, Remote Desktop Services user connection(50) and Standard).
Re: Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by Yinksdavid(m): 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2021

Do you want to always get the newest security updates, patches to restrict easy access of viruses, malwares, spywares affecting your OS environment?

Do you want to get critical updates to improve all app functions on your environment

Kindly check if your Windows OS is activated and if not, ensure you get a valid activation/license key as this will save you the stress of resolving issues on your system by paying technicians all the time for OS related issues.

Genuine and Legitimate Activation/License retail keys directly from Microsoft available at a very low cost. kindly reach out via my signature for more details.

Office 365

Windows 10 Pro Plus
Windows 10 Enterprise
Windows 10 Pron N
Windows 10 Education

Re: Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by Yinksdavid(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2021

Office 365

Windows 10 Pro Plus
Windows 10 Enterprise
Windows 10 Pron N
Windows 10 Education

Windows Server 2019 (Datacenter, Remote Desktop Services user connection(50) and Standard)
Re: Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by Yinksdavid(m): 11:07am On Oct 02, 2021
I decided to find out about free learning resources available and did some online research which made me discover class central with so many listed courses which are available for free and also offer a free certification via Linkedln. A total of 350+ hours of free online learning resources and you can find the comprehensive lists below via the website.

https://www.classcentral.com/report/linkedin-learning-free-learning-paths/

I am not sure how long these courses (and certificates) will be available for free but i advise we utilize the opportunities as soon as possible.
Re: Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by Yinksdavid(m): 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
Learn Anytime, Anywhere In Any Language For Free

100% FREE LEARNING PORTAL

LEARN ANY COURSE FOR FREE IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE

LearnVern is coined from the word Learn in Vernacular Languages - LearnVern teaches students in the user's native language. Years of research have indicated that students learn the most difficult concepts easily when explained in a language they most understand and with images, examples, and practical insights. Each of the subjects we teach at LearnVern is offered in vernacular languages, have perfect examples and lots of practical insights and are taught by experts in their fields

https://www.learnvern.com/
Re: Why You Need To Acti­vate Win­dows 10 On Your Computer by Yinksdavid(m): 11:35am On Mar 20, 2023
Guys. I have been off and away for sometime but back now. Thanks to my customers and everyone who has reached out to either buy products from me, engaged me for information or consultation on Cloud IT and Engineering. You can always reach out if you need update on such topics and will be glad to provide them.

Please find below the prices for the commonly used Microsoft products(Activation/Product keys) that I sell (Note that it's not ready made but buy to sell on request).

All prices are in Naira and it's a lifetime activation which means you will never have to get another activation key for any Microsoft product you already activated

Windows 10 Pro (10k)

Windows 11 Pro (16k)

Office 2016 (7.5k)

Office 2019 (10k)

Office 2021 (15k)

M365 (15k)

Office for MAC (18k).

I also have access to the activation keys for another MS product. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Install Windows Xp On A Computer With Windows Vista Pre-installed? / Please Guys What Laptop Can I Get For 80k? / Clean Dell Latitude E5420 Core I5 320 @ 65k Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.