Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,236 members, 7,825,911 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? (8053 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) / Travelling To Luxembourg For Msc / Working Legally In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by marigibs: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2009
Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria or Japan. which is better to go study for a masters degree ?
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by marigibs: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2009
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Davedavy: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2009
As for Russia,though the school fees is cheap but it will be tough for you to work while studying because of the language and moreover it wont be that easy for you to travel to other countries,you need visa to enter almost every country in the world from Russia.if you choose Germany or Austria,you will be granted a Shengen residence permit,which means you can travel all over shengen without visa,i don't know much about Hungary and Japan.
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Kc0022000(m): 1:02am On Dec 03, 2009
In all the countries listed above l see language as a problem to start with. So why not look elsewhere except reverse is your case
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by ayomidej(f): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2009
None of the above.

UK is better because they speak ENGLISH grin
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by marigibs: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Danandrea(f): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2009
Hi
I think Russia for nigerians ia a horrible choice
I have studied in Russia (Moscow) during 6 years and done their my BSc and first MSc
Im not a black gal and even not russian. Im kazakh
But I had 1 nigerian guy in my group- Abu Daniel, poor he
as for him the 1st challenge was the language difficulties, while as for me russian is the native language
My 2nd MSc I have finished in UK this year. I adore this country, and totally advise you choose UK

moreover critical factor is the what are you gonna study?
think, abeg cheesy
any questionask me, dont hesitate
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by amebono1: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2009
Germany you might be lucky to find a tuition free university there

But the language undecided
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by DisGuy: 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2009
Im sorry all these foreign education post will have to move to education board at some point

@ayomidej
Is UK better based on all the factors i listed or because they speak english?
YES!!!

Please consider the fees, general acceptabilty level of certificates/education, oppurtuinity to work while studying, availability of jobs for students and after study, Chances to remain after studies for working experience, oppurtunity to travel from these countries to others countries during holidays, living conditions of foreigners and the way thay are treated there. Any other useful information will do. Application procedure will also be appreciated.
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by nethacker(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
Sudan grin grin
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Davedavy: 10:24pm On Dec 11, 2009
marigibs:

@Davedavy

Thanks alot.  I have  been looking at Russia and Germany more but have little info about others. Is it possible to work as a students there? I here its not allowed. How true is that?

I wont advice you to choose Russia,i wont lie to you,it will be hard for you to cope,Russia is a poor country and salaries are very poor,unemployment is high as well as racism.If you are considering Germany,i know there are some scholarship opportunities but i don't really know much about them,you can dig on that further.But you need to learn the language,you can start learning from Nigeria,in every country you find yourself,try as much as possible to learn the language,things will be easier for you that way.If you can afford the school fees,i think English speaking countries will be your best bet,but if you don't have the fees,Germany should be okay.The most important thing is to have goals and be focus.After your first year (if your program is 2 years) you can travel to USA on summer work and study program ,and when you graduate you can also travel to USA for one- year young graduate trainee program.
The most important thing is YOU and what you want out of LIFE.
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 12, 2009
@davydavy,i was born in bulgaria but currently studing in nigeria,would you advise me to go back to further my educatiön,live and work there.
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Davedavy: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2009
Emzybrown:

@davydavy,i was born in bulgaria but currently studing in nigeria,would you advise me to go back to further my educatiön,live and work there.

Do you have a Bulgarian passport?if yes then you are an EU citizen,my advice for you concerning furthering your studies will be for you to apply to schools in Scandinavian countries,most of the schools there are tuition free for EU citizens,and as an Eu citizen,you dont need to apply for student visa in Nigeria before resuming for classes,all you need do is get admission(there are lots of courses in English Language),A residence permit will be required of you if you are staying more than three months therefore you will have to apply for that upon arrival.Your school should help you with it.As an EU citizen studying,you wont need a work permit for regular student jobs.
I wont advice you to go to Bulgaria.With your citizenship,you can try many other places in Europe to further your studies.Try these links for lists of Universities with English courses;

Universities in Denmark; http://www.findaschool.org/index.php?Country=Denmark
Universities in Norway; http://www.findaschool.org/index.php?Country=Norway
Universities in Sweeden;http://www.findaschool.org/index.php?Country=Sweden
Universities in Finland;http://www.findaschool.org/index.php?Country=Finland
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 13, 2009
@davydavy,yes,i have bulgarian passport it expired 17 years ago.what do u think?
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Davedavy: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2009
Emzybrown:

@davydavy,yes,i have bulgarian passport it expired 17 years ago.what do u think?

Get in touch with the Bulgarian embassy in Nigeria for details on how to renew your passport ASAP.Since you had a Bulgarian passport once,you are a citizen and can as well renew it.Once that is done you are good to go,remember,you must use only your Bulgarian pali while applying to those schools in order to be treated like an EU citizen.In any country you chose,try as much as possible to apply for internships in English speaking countries during summer holidays,UK will be easier for you since you are an EU citizen,check this out ;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/eea/workpermits/workpermitarrangements/studentinternships/.

This will greatly help you improve your skills,CV and give you an upper hand by the time you graduate,you can even get hired by your employers before graduation,the most important thing is to put in your best.
I wish you all the best,if you have further questions,please do ask.
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2009
@davy,tanx so much.let me give you the detail.am studing medical lab sci.,am in my final year,i hope to graduate with cgpa 2.1,please can you give me suitable country/university to do my masters.
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by funkybaby(f): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ post

Germany.

Its best you start taking German language classes from a good language school in naija
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by mithel(m): 8:25am On Apr 03, 2010
Hi guys,wuld lyk to know which russian universities teach in english and wat are the disadvantages of studying medicine there when u come back to naija
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by holyboss: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2014
mithel:
Hi guys,wuld lyk to know which russian universities teach in english and wat are the disadvantages of studying medicine there when u come back to naija
hey shocked
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by mithel(m): 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
holyboss:
hey shocked

hope no wahala
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by futurewise11(m): 12:35am On Nov 08, 2014
marigibs:

Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria or Japan. which is better to go study for a masters degree ?

Please consider the fees, general acceptabilty level of certificates/education, oppurtuinity to work while studying, availability of jobs for students and after study, Chances to remain after studies for working experience, oppurtunity to travel from these countries to others countries during holidays, living conditions of foreigners and the way thay are treated there. Any other useful information will do. Application procedure will also be appreciated.

I really need to know as i want to travel to any of these countries for my MSc next year.

I will appreciate your sincere and helpful replies.

i will advice you to choose germany.tuition free universities.availability of student jobs.easy residency after your graduation.economy giant of europe.alot of english courses.easy student visa.am a living witness.you can only consider uk if theres tuition free school there and post study visa...

meine zwei Löffel
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by holyboss: 8:08am On Nov 08, 2014
mithel:

hope no wahala
No wahala oga wink I be wan ask if u don fly already (to russia) maybe u cud help wt some info
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by optimusprime2(m): 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Russia ke?
it amazes me to see a sane minded "Nigerian" individual list Russia as a potential study Destination... dont you read travel posts on Nairaland about Russia?? assuming you have no forehand knowledge of Russia as a country- and you boldly list Russia as an intending stud...
like seriously who does that??

*Final Beam*
If you intend to travel to a country where English is not a 1st language,
1. you should make sure that you are adequately prepared mentally, to learn the language.
2.The language will be of relevance to you, i.e you aint just going to Japan or Portugal for the sake of travelling abroad, but because you want the proficiency of Japanese or Portugese to be added to your CV due to your professional or career requirements or future goals.
3. The interest of the language must be there, otherwise that country go taya you, even if the country is heaven... and on that note, in the absence of financial constraints, nobody can best pick or select a country best for you, you should know why you are going there, not because "Them say"
Barış, Sonra.
Re: Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ? by optimusprime2(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
mithel:
na waah o...
#Walksoutofthread

(1) (Reply)

Aero Marks 60 Years Of Flight Operations In Nigeria / Photo ID Card In Nigeria? / FAAN To Close MMIA Apron Gate 1 For 6 Weeks Starting From 7th June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.