Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report (1151 Views)

Tecno Mobile Sold Over 9 Million Smartphones In 2016, Report Says / Forex Instability Downs Smartphone Sales In 2016- Report / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2017
Latest report released by Teksight edge Limited showing online mentions of mobile phone brands released for May and August 2016 has revealed that Samsung, Apple and Tecno topped the list of mobile brands with the highest Share Of Voice, SOV, in the second quarter of 2016 while Nokia, Injoo and Microsoft appear to be struggling to make a mark in the market.

Unsurprisingly, the latter case seem to be prevailing because it is expected that a mobile phone consumer who has used more than two mobile phones in his lifetime is likely to have used devices from at least two different mobile phone manufacturers.

Accordingly, the report effectively captured the SoVs of 18 different mobile brands operating across different markets of the world.

From the report, Samsung generated the highest conversations month-on-month over competition. The mobile giant’s impressive online engagement figures may be attributed to the launch of its Samsung Galaxy A and Galaxy J Series at different intervals across different markets of the world in Q2 2016 bolstered also by the release of its flagship Samsung S7 March the same year. Tecno, according to the report launched Tecno Boom J8 and Camon C9 within this same interval in the local market.

However, on the global scene, Samsung and Apple enjoyed much stronger aspirational value. Interestingly, while the top mobile brands narrowly edged out Africa’s No. 1 mobile brand Tecno , in share of voice (SOV), the chart revealed the Chinese mobile phone maker's rising profile and clever positioning on the international scene. The online media analysis conducted by Teksight edge for this report covered major mobile markets in Africa and the world including Nigeria, Kenya, China, Europe, America, South Africa, Russia, France, Germany, Japan and Korea.

Consequently, a look at a chart showing media impression of some mobile brands in Nigeria revealed Tecno as commanding 40% of market’s SoV; surpassing Samsung which is second on the chart. Meanwhile, Tecno, according to the report is estimated to have about 25.3% mobile phone market share across six of Africa’s biggest mobile phone markets that is, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Egypt, Ethiopia and Cameroon.

The Launch of Tecno’s Phantom 6 & 6 plus as well as Apple’s iPhone 7 & 7 plus in September 2016 however significantly changed SOV results in the 4th quarter. For Tecno, the international launch of its flagship Phantom 6 & Phantom 6 Plus at Burj Khalifa Dubai increased the brand’s global competitiveness and value. For obvious reasons, the mobile phone market is a survival of the fittest so brands will either have to continually innovate or gradually fade.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/samsung-apple-tecno-topped-list-mobile-brands-highest-sov-q2-2016-report/
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by chicwoman(f): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
That's good. I can speak for tecno phones, they've really improved their brand and their versatile prices makes it easier to purchase their phones
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by excanny: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
I completely agree with with this report, not because I'm a Tecno user, but it's a near-accurate depiction of public perception of these mobile brands in the country.

Basically, aside international mobile giants like Apple and Samsung, no other phone brands is on everyone's lips in Nigeria than Tecno(I mean the average Nigerian, who forms the bulk of the population).

You only need to visit phone stores and telcom's outlets to confirm this.
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by oscillation55(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
Commendable for Tecno mobile
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by excanny: 8:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Just saw the actual chart now. This is incredible and a good effort from Tecno. My only disappointment is why wasn't the detailed methods used in collecting the data for this report included, so it can provide more resources for would-be critics to flaw or agree with the whole process and results.

But I must say, in the absence of any loopholes, this is really, really impressive and sets a model for how to achieve success in anything one does on a personal or business level.

Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by Behankey(m): 1:47am On Feb 04, 2017
I think it's safe to say Tecno as a brand has really evolved over the years. They're holding down the African markets and I'm sure global stage is where they belong.
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by Dandsome: 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
Tecno is now truly the giant of africa
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by Freelancerx: 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
excanny:
Just saw the actual chart now. This is incredible and a good effort from Tecno. My only disappointment is why wasn't the detailed methods used in collecting the data for this report included, so it can provide more resources for would-be critics to flaw or agree with the whole process and results.

But I must say, in the absence of any loopholes, this is really, really impressive and sets a model for how to achieve success in anything one does on a personal or business level.
A massive 40%? That's commendable stuff. Shows Tecno is a widely recognized brand.
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by Mustiboy(m): 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
bunch of liars
Re: Samsung, Apple, Tecno Part of Mobile Brands With Highest SOV In 2016-Report by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mustiboy:
bunch of liars

really?! I dont think so. These datas are available online. Bros lalasticlala, seun , Mynd44 pls help us put it up for wider view to sort more opinions. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Fixing An Expired Or Broken Download On Uc Browser / Please Help : How To Root Infinix S2 / Fully Charge Your Phone In 12mins With Samsung New Tech.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.