Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest (3951 Views)

South-East For Buhari Rally: Happening In Owerri Now - Photos / Nigerians Stage Pro-Buhari Rally In London (Photos) / "I Stand With Buhari" Rally Holds In Awka, Anambra Despite IPOB Threats (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
By TonyeBarcanista

Since the past couple of days, the social media space has been flooded with a proposed protest, backed by musician Innocent Idibia (aka Tuface) against the government at all level. The Tuface led proposed protest also enjoys the backing of some of his professional colleagues in the music industry, as well as some Nigerians that are dissatisfied with the system. It is scheduled to be held in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt and Kano.

In a flash, a pro-Buhari group #IStandWithBuhari, believing that their principal/leader may suffer perception damage, announced plans for a rally to show support to the President, Muhammadu Buhari and the government of Nigeria. While the Tu-face's group scheduled their protest on February 6th, the pro-Buhari group set theirs on February 5th and 6th, a rally that I termed unnecessary.

Ordinarily, I would have easily backed the pro-Tuface group, considering that I am not a strong fan of the administration, but that will not be. The reason for my position is not far-fetched- I shall shed more light on it.

1. What Is The Reason For Protest?:
While the planned protest is christened to be a march against President Buhari, the state of the nation, and all arms of government including the legislature, I still couldn't convince myself that a 1-day march will achieve the aforementioned or even make any effect.

Protests world over are only effective when targeted at a specific goal/objective. The ongoing protests in the USA is specifically against the executive order of President Donald Trump on immigration, the Greek protests in 2010 was targeted at forcing the government of prime minister George Papandreou to reverse the EU/IMF imposed Austerity policy that his government adopted. Similarly, the same protesters came out in February 2015 to demand the reversal of the Austerity policy just a month after Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras beat the ruling party to assume power (a protest that is still on). In the home front, we saw the January #OccupyNigeria 2012 protest that targeted reversal of the subsidy removal by former President Goodluck Jonathan. Furthermore, the #SaveNigeriaGroup protest in 2010 was targeted at bridging the lacuna that was created by the absence of then President Musa yar'adua, and elevation of then Vice President to the status of Acting President. But in the case of this proposed Anti-Buhari protest, there seem to be no REAL objective other than the various vague demands.

The protest is not about calling for reversal of a policy (Like it was/is in Greece), it is not about calling for the sack of a particular minister, it is not about calling for the resignation of President Buhari and a fall of his government (like the Arab spring), it is not about agitating for a particular cause (like Shia'a and IPOB), it is not about calling for amendment of any legislation, neither is it about calling for prosecution of any alleged offender. The question now is, What objective does it seek to achieve?

2. What Next After The Protest?
Each time I try to convince myself to join the proposed protest, I always ask myself, WHAT NEXT after February 6? I understand that on February 6 there will be noise and buzz in the media, but what happens next? Will everyone return home fulfilled and then continue like it was before as usual?

On Pro-Buhari Rally
Let me state without any form of contradiction that I consider the pro-Buhari rally as funny, illogical and an unnecessary show of superiority and might. While I recognise the right of people to associate and organise pro or anti government protests, I think the action of this pro-Buhari group is capable of causing confrontation with the anti-Buhari group, and this may lead to breakdown of law and order.

Scheduling a rally to counter a protest holding same day will only give room to hoodlums and their likes to use the opportunity to foment trouble and create avoidable crises. Beside, other than to counter the anti-Buhari protest, the pro-Buhari group has no objective for their rally.

In all honesty, there is no atom of sense in the pro-Buhari rally.

While I have no objection on both group's decision to hold protest and rally respectively, it is my belief that they should consider setting right their priorities. The Tu-face group should explicitly define what they seek to achieve from their protest, while the pro-Buhari group should consider a better alternative to show their support to the government to avoid confrontation and unnecessary crises.

I wish both groups well!

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4817398_123_jpeg64c99f2867ba6f0733aba807c66617f7
Shared on palmchat

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Ask4Info: 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

My guy, at times you are so factual and nonbias while on some occasions you sabi type like say na Otukpo weed dem give you chop.

Keep It Up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO THE MATTER ON GROUND.

While i honestly think THE YOUTHS SHOULD COME OUT ENMASS TO PROTEST AGAINST THE CURRENT GENERAL SITUATION IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY, I honestly believe 2face in NOT THE RIGHT PERSON TO CHAMPION THAT COURSE.

2face and others are Used by politicians because they think they have large followers. Where was 2face during the herdsmen massacre that happened in his backyard in Benue, where was he when Asari Dokubo and Tompolo reigned supreme in the las administration, where was he during the unending brutality of the police and soldiers on armless citizens and journalists.

THE MESSAGE IS RIGHT BUT THE MESSANGER IS AWFUL.

2face na my guy. I LOVE him as a humble artiste but definitely he isn't the right person to champion this protest.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by papaejima1: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
ok
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
lipsrsealed

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
Enough is Enough...

#WeStandWith2baba

smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ask4Info:

My guy, at times you are so factual and nonbias while on some occasions you sabi type like say na Otukpo weed dem give you chop.

Keep It Up.
Lol, I never even smoke Okrika weed you de call Otukpo... Sha keep for me.

Well, just sharing my sincere opinion. It is not every time one will be political

MODIFIED
I can still deluded and pained ipod yoots on thread... How long shall these people wail and troll me? Since August 2015 and counting? Wheew!!! I love your resillience... Keep it up

Extend my greetings to Nnamdi Kanu grin

One Love cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by PapaBaby: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2017
This guy is the epitome of sychophancy, what's the basis for the unintelligent write up above?

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by dukie25: 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
Someone was not invited to the protest HQ, time to cry abi?

[img]http://3.bp..com/-8vN1H5ZGhzc/UP8G0JebZjI/AAAAAAAAGuI/i_Uk3Db4Olo/s1600/asian-crying.gif[/img]

10 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by wristbangle: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2017
I will be back to comment
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Ogbuefi2020: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
Balkanize the unworkable entity and save yourselves from more meaningless protest in future

5 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by hucienda: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
@Fedayeen02, one of the folks you spoke about is here grin

8 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Ask4Info: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol, I never even smoke Okrika weed you de call Otukpo... Sha keep for me.

Well, just sharing my sincere opinion. It is not every time one will be political

True. But trust me, then 99% of your posts were blindly supporting the EVIL of PDP (after you decamped from APC).

Have you migrated to alongside Andy UBA to APC?

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Horus(m): 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhrhRcAfkbQ

Stella Damasus Says She's Not In support of Tuface’s Nationwide protest, She Gives Her Reasons
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ask4Info:

True. But trust me, then 99% of your posts were blindly supporting the EVIL of PDP (after you decamped from APC).

Have you migrated to alongside Andy UBA to APC?
While it is true that I made contribution to PDP, it is untrue to say that I supported the evil of any party member/chieftain whether blindly or otherwise. My record is very open. It is on record that I joined the call for the prosecution of indicted corrupt elite irrespective of party affiliation. This has been my modus operandi even when I was in APC...

As for joining APC, well... I will keep a sealed lips for now before I am misquoted. grin
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by dukie25: 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
So barcanista is still writing meaningless articles? This guy has so much time on his hands.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Horus(m): 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6R_1-cUC5E

Let Tuface Lead A Protest If He Wants
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Fedayeen02: 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
The OP is known as a serial betrayer and shouldn't be allowed near any of the pro or anti buhari protest. He writes meaningless article to further his pocket while before you next he is an ECOWAS YOUTH

2 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Fedayeen02: 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
The truth abput the Op is that he has romanced every side and still end up as the betrayal that he is

2 Likes

TonyeBarcanista:

While it is true that I made contribution to PDP, it is untrue to say that I supported the evil of any party member/chieftain whether blindly or otherwise. My record is very open. It is on record that I joined the call for the prosecution of indicted corrupt elite irrespective of party affiliation. This has been my modus operandi even when I was in APC...

As for joining APC, well... I will keep a sealed lips for now before I am misquoted. grin
ok
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Fedayeen02: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
hucienda:
@Fedayeen02, one of the folks you spoke about is here grin
I've seen him. I will give that hypocrite his full dose. He is known as fair weather friend.

Cc whynotthetruth

2 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by SalamRushdie: 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
Another self serving piece from a grandeur delusionist ..

#ISTANDWITH2BABA

4 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by PapaBaby: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2017
Fedayeen02:
I've seen him. I will give that hypocrite his full dose. He is known as fair weather friend.

Cc whynotthetruth

Am yet to find any Nairaland member dead or alive who is as unstable as this fella.

10 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Fedayeen02: 2:30pm On Feb 02, 2017
The only person that beat him to that is His first moniker Barcanista
PapaBaby:

Am yet to find any Nairaland member dead or alive who is as unstable as the fella.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2017
The OP is a nobody in the scheme of things. Shelve your personal opinion in your personal archive. Of course, since the call for a protest didn't come from the 'hypocrite', he sees no meaning to it.A man that doesn't stand for anything in life, stands for nothing.

#ISTANDWITH2BABA

4 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Ogbuefi2020: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Continue jumping from one side to another, its Ok, its normal in Nigerian politics but stop being a hypocrite who claims neutral patriot

4 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
I can see deluded and pained ipod yoots on thread... How long shall these people wail and troll me? Since August 2015 and counting? Wheew...

Extend my greetings to Nnamdi Kanu grin

One Love cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by EternalTruths: 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Double mouth

Op is a treacherous person to deal with

3 Likes

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by PRYCE(m): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2017
grin
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by dejiogundipe(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
EternalTruths:
Double mouth
Op is a treacherous person to deal with
Has he betrayed your sister?
Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
Thank you Barcanista, I will come up with my own thread !

The Protest will be an epic flop! grin grin

Ipob miscreants are looking for a cheaper route to get at Buhari...

Hausa and the Northerners will never allow that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Problem With Pro-Buhari Rally And Anti-Buhari Protest by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
Fedayeen02:

Cc whynohetruth

cheesycheesy I dey see your hand cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BIAFRA. Massive No Election Rally In Awka Today. VIDEO / You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" / Igbos Assessment Of Buhari Government So Far As We Go Home This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.