Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" (3949 Views)

Wike: Military Generals Threatened Me With CIA / EFCC Threatened Me To Implicate Ex-President Jonathan, Adoke - Witness / Mojisola Adeyeye: I Was Shocked When Lawmakers Demanded Bribe, Threatened Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Maniagist: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has revealed that the Former Prime minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, used envoys to ‘threaten’ him over his refusal to pass laws legalising Gay Marriage in Nigeria.

As President of Nigeria at that time, I came under almost unbearable pressure from the Cameron administration to pass legislation supporting LGBTQ Same-Sex marriage in Nigeria. My conscience could not stomach that, because as President of Nigeria, I swore on the Bible to advance Nigeria’s interests, and not the interest of the United Kingdom or any foreign power.

As such, on Monday, January 13, 2014, I signed the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill into law after the Bill had been passed by an overwhelming bipartisan majority of Nigeria’s parliament, in line with the wishes of the Nigerian people.

This happened shortly after a study of 39 nations around the world by the U.S. Pew Research Center came up with a finding which indicated that 98 per cent of Nigerians were opposed to the idea of Gay Marriage.”

Immediately after I took this patriotic action, my government came under almost unbearable pressure from Mr. Cameron, who reached me through envoys, and made subtle and not so subtle threats against me and my government.

In fact, meetings were held at the Obama White House and at the Portcullis House in Parliament UK, with the then Nigerian opposition to disparage me, after I had signed the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill into law.

Read more here; https://maniagist.com/2019/10/05/you-threatened-me-over-gay-marriage-jonathan-exposes-ex-uk-pm-cameron/

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Maniagist: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
cry
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by jhydebaba(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2019
Goodluck! Well done sir.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Jasen1(m): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
You're blessed sir

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by DeeJayMarvay(m): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
It is well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Racoon(m): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
Thanks for standing for what is right.Bleep all these western imperialists.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by FarahAideed: 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
God bless U Jonathan !!!! I voted against you in 2015 because I was just too naive to fact find myself but today I regret my action

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by ziegurf(m): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
I still and shall continue respect this man GEJ for his optimistically rejected many pressure during his reign as a president of this nation
I knew he was under pressure during his reign especially from the northern cabals, that's why he couldn't do anything for the SE/SS along the line OBJ as a Yoruba man disassociated from him after he wrote open and closed letters to him and the man GEJ still stood very firm to his decision, if this man GEJ continue opening up about the threats he received during his reign, you will personally fight for the breakup of this dilapidated and failed shithole of a nation

....unlike some dullards now, that are trying to push the wellbeing of this nation to the wall

just imaging RUGALISM

Now Saudis are very angry about their failure of fulfillment of some certain assignments

7 Likes

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by okosodo: 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
Goodluck is a great man o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Foxman19: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
Lame excuses. We are talking about how you mismanaged our resources here you're saying about event that don't add value to the life of common people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Generalnomercy: 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
Foxman19:
Lame excuses. We are talking about how you mismanaged our resources here you're saying about event that don't add value to the life of common people.

Has Buhari done better that GEJ?

The worst corruption is happening under buharia and APC.

Imagine Osinbanjo who single handedly stole 90BILLION naira and you yorubas still have no shame to be calling GEJ names?

Enjoy your next level..

12 Likes

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by cybriz82(m): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
Foxman19:

Thank God say buhari dn add value to ur own personal life..

5 Likes

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Foxman19: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
Not at all same rogue.
cybriz82:

Thank God say buhari dn add value to ur own personal life..
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Foxman19: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
Buhari still better than Jonathan compare the way Jonathan destroyed our wealth. Buhari only killing democracy and saving money that one idiot will wasted after he leave office.
Generalnomercy:

Has Buhari done better that GEJ?

The worst corruption is happening under buharia and APC.

Imagine Osinbanjo who single handedly stole 90BILLION naira and you yorubas still have no shame to be calling GEJ names?

Enjoy your next level..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by plaindealer: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dumb and clueless Jona and raging homophobic loser.

Thank God Nigeria kicked this clown out of office.

God is good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by forghon: 5:11pm On Oct 05, 2019
I must commend Jonathan on that kudos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Johnnyessence(m): 5:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
Thank God prime minister Boris Johnson support brexit.
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Johnnyessence(m): 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Maniagist:
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has revealed that the Former Prime minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron, used envoys to ‘threaten’ him over his refusal to pass laws legalising Gay Marriage in Nigeria.

As President of Nigeria at that time, I came under almost unbearable pressure from the Cameron administration to pass legislation supporting LGBTQ Same-Sex marriage in Nigeria. My conscience could not stomach that, because as President of Nigeria, I swore on the Bible to advance Nigeria’s interests, and not the interest of the United Kingdom or any foreign power.

As such, on Monday, January 13, 2014, I signed the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill into law after the Bill had been passed by an overwhelming bipartisan majority of Nigeria’s parliament, in line with the wishes of the Nigerian people.

This happened shortly after a study of 39 nations around the world by the U.S. Pew Research Center came up with a finding which indicated that 98 per cent of Nigerians were opposed to the idea of Gay Marriage.”

Immediately after I took this patriotic action, my government came under almost unbearable pressure from Mr. Cameron, who reached me through envoys, and made subtle and not so subtle threats against me and my government.

In fact, meetings were held at the Obama White House and at the Portcullis House in Parliament UK, with the then Nigerian opposition to disparage me, after I had signed the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Bill into law.

Read more here; https://maniagist.com/2019/10/05/you-threatened-me-over-gay-marriage-jonathan-exposes-ex-uk-pm-cameron/
David Cameron is a clueless Briton.
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by oluwasegun007(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
God bless you..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Lagbaja01(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
Is this present administration better...?
Foxman19:

1 Like

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
GOD BLESS U President GEJ...

We know the Truth...

Obama and his likes did all they did to tarnish you because you refused to play ball with them..

The Devilish Mess he created in the USA is being cleaned up by Trump today...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Commentor: 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
Jonathan is a liar.
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by etrouble: 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
But UK, US, EU and all of them know quite well than Buhari and Osinbajo who are both religious advocates in their different religions will never support gay marriage, so this Goatluck Jonathan's weak lie will never convince even a lunatic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Commentor: 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
When they start to release correspondence between Jonathan and Britain, hope he would find a better lie?
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Commentor: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Lagbaja01:
Is this present administration better...?

By far.
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Commentor: 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Chosen1984:
GOD BLESS U President GEJ...

We know the Truth...

Obama and his likes did all they did to tarnish you because you refused to play ball with them..

The Devilish Mess he created in the USA is being cleaned up by Trump today...

Like what?
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Jacseyi(m): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
This evil is against our culture here.....GEJ, thanks for standing up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by orisa37: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Foxman19:

Gay comment.
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by FarahAideed: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
Bastard Cameron !!!! This is how Cameron lied against Weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq
Re: You Threatened Me Over Gay Marriage” "Jonathan Exposes Ex-uk PM, Cameron" by Commentor: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
FarahAideed:
Bastard Cameron !!!! This is how Cameron lied against Weapons of Mass destruction in Iraq

Cameron?

You are confused.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Have Finally Arrived Ile-ife For The First Time, Observation / Peter Obi Will Win, What Scares Me Is, I Don't Know Anything About Him- Dogara / Cubana Chief Priest Donate Millions To Yusuf The Boy That Welcomed Obi In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.