Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country (883 Views)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Buhari Meets APC Governors In London (Photo) / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by Mophasa(m): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
Most Popular And Controversial governors In Nigeria - Photos

1- Peter Ayodele Fayose is the controversial governor of Ekiti state and arguably the most popular governor in Nigeria right now, no day passes without the governor having something to say against the Buhari-led federal government. You can love him or hate him but the outspoken governor and the number one critic of the Apc led federal government is a household name in the Nigerian political circle.

He was born on 15th November 1960.

2- Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike

He is the executive governor of Rivers State, and a former minister of education. He has a long opposing history with his predecessor and current minister of transport, Rt Hon Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi. Been in the opposition party PDP, he is one of vocal opposition voices that have been challenging the government at the center,
He is known as a very strong politician and has had his own fair share of controversies, especially during elections in his State.

He was born 24th August 1967.

3-Akinwunmi Ambode

Ambode is the executive governor of Lagos State. His state been the commercial capital of the nation and also his performance since his inception as the governor of Lagos State has also enhanced his popularity as one of the most popular governors in the country.

He was born June 14th 1963.

4- Mallam Nasir El Rufai

The dimunitive El Rufai is the executive governor of kaduna state and one of the most controversial governors in the country in recent times.
No thanks to the current genocide going on in the southern part of his state.

He was born 16th February 1960.

5- kashim Shetima-

He is the executive governor of Borno State. The controversial governor became very popular during the chibok girls saga. The issue of boko haram in his state has also helped in making him one of the popular names in the country.

He was born 2nd September 1966.

6- Willie Obiano-

He is the executive governor of Anambra State, He is vastly known as one of the most performing governors in the country.

He was born in august 8th 1955.

7th- Rochas Okorocha

He is the executive governor of Imo state, He is one of the controversial figures in the country. Been the only governor in the ruling party APC in the south east, he is the man the igbos love to hate.

He was born 22nd September 1962.

8th-Yahaya Bello-

He became the governor of Kogi State after e was constitutionally declared the winner of the states gubernatorial elections after the controversial death of Prince Abubakar Audu. He is one of the popular governors in the country. And also the youngest governor currently.

He was born 18th June 1975.

Is there any name that is omitted from this list, feel free to add yours.
To me this men are the most popular faces and names in the country, others are either too silent or relatively unknown outside their states.

Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by emmayayodeji(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
Fayose my nigg grin
Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by nickxtra(m): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2017
You forgot my name
Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2017
Why is fayose at the top of the list? what has he done for ekiti?
Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by Mophasa(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
He is the most controversial governor in the country right now
Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by vatiqan(m): 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
@OP, how is Fayose, controversial? Is for standing against tyranny in order for you and I to could have our fairshare from the landlords of Nigeria?
Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by Qmerit(m): 7:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
Jibril659:
Why is fayose at the top of the list? what has he done for ekiti?

Op said controversial na lol. Trouble maker, notice me govt, dancing, singing, selling-fish-kpomo and vegetable, news-caster, doctor, soldier, fire fighter, apc watch-man/nightmare, pdp govs forums chairman and pdp spokes-man! So all these re not achievements for him to be at the top?
Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Qmerit:

Op said controversial na lol. Trouble maker, notice me govt, dancing, singing, selling-fish-kpomo and vegetable, news-caster, doctor, soldier, fire fighter, apc watch-man, pdp govs forums chairman and pdp spokes-man! So all these re not achievements for him to be at the top?
Lol
Re: The 8 Most Controversial Governors In The Country by Chikelue2000(m): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
Okoroausha shld be number one for me
Fayose my man, d only voice of true democracy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Running Nigeria On Deceit, Country May Collapse Anytime — Fayose / Reasons Why Wike, Fayose Wants Markafi To Float A New Party. / It Is Proper For Army To Be Used By Civilian As Bodyguards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.