Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,802 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor (12610 Views)

Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by snezBaba: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by obamd: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2017
Sir, it is VERY IMPOSSIBLE to find the cure for HIV and not receive a Nobel prize at the every least.

Ablaka's was a false claim. A simple Google search will explain. This is Science, your results must be evidence based and reproducible.

HungerBAD:
A certain Medical Doctor some years ago claimed he had gotten the cure for HIV.

Sadly,that Medical Doctor now sells pure water in Abuja now,called Abalaka water.

Hope Maduike is not planning on starting his own pure water business?

1 Like

Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by Antoeni(m): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2017
Dummy hw will u have knowledge of it
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by Lanty01(m): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2017
cosmatika:
Afonja minister. If the Prof go abroad with it nw & it works, they'll say he's not patriotic. Instead of u to support him, u re denying it
He's a scam and that's why the government has ignored him.
If was is sincere with the discovery, he knows better the right channel to follow.
This guy is just out for free money.

2 Likes

Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by obstead200(m): 8:17am On Feb 03, 2017
AgamaHub:
Can't understand why some of you here just love to hate. This discovery had been made some years back by this Prof, he has been trying to get the attention of the appropriate body like forever. Any persons in the ministry of health claiming not to be aware of the claim is a blatant liar. It's just that we live in a country where things don't work and we don't love to see people grow if its not directly involved with us.
trust me, this man is a professor of a federal university, he should know the rules and process of announcing such discovery. If his claims are true, it won't be hidden. The ministry of health will be glad to announce it. They will commission research in tandem with major pharmaceutical companies to develop the product. The minister of health (regardless of what tribe he hails from) would do everything to make the discovery and the subsequent development count as part of his tenure's achievements.

HELL !!!!THE UNIVERSITY AUTHORITIES WILL DO EVERYTHING WITHIN THEIR POWER WITH THEIR FEDERAL MIGHT TO ENSURE THAT THIS NEWS GAINS THE RIGHT AUDIENCE.!!!!! After all, the prof is one of theirs.

Conclusion: either the professor is lying, or his research has a lot of loopholes (I.E could not be verified extensively), or he is simply stupid.

NB. I am igbo so I am not hating. Moreover that school is presently my almamater. I am running a PhD program there.
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by lordyugo: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2017
scholes0:

Yeebos and Fraud ehn?!
No be today.

Lmao!

I am waiting for when an Osu man will claim to have discovered the cure for greed and criminality.
Because honestly, that is the biggest afflictions over there.

jus like d day afonjas will discover vaccines against dr older afonja generation chopping up dr kids like sardines when they are not molesting them or vaccines against dr younger afonja generation turning alaye nd collecting low naira denominations if they are not running around touting in lag slums loooool
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by obstead200(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2017
Lanty01:
He's a scam and that's why the government has ignored him.
If was is sincere with the discovery, he knows better the right channel to follow.
This guy is just out for free money.
seconded bro
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by obstead200(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2017
obamd:
Sir, it is VERY IMPOSSIBLE to find the cure for HIV and not receive a Nobel prize at the every least.

Ablaka's was a false claim. A simple Google search will explain. This is Science, your results must be evidence based and reproducible.

Gbam!!!
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by wellmax(m): 8:45am On Feb 03, 2017
SalomonKane:
If he's not aware of the claims shouldn't it be prudent of him to investigate the veracity of such claims?
Did you read the last paragraph at all?
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by wellmax(m): 8:47am On Feb 03, 2017
AgamaHub:
Can't understand why some of you here just love to hate. This discovery had been made some years back by this Prof, he has been trying to get the attention of the appropriate body like forever. Any persons in the ministry of health claiming not to be aware of the claim is a blatant liar. It's just that we live in a country where things don't work and we don't love to see people grow if its not directly involved with us.

And he didn't deem it fit to inform the ministry of health or NACA. No hating here, did you read what was said by the prof himself? Don't believe bloggers. If really like you claim, he has approached the government, then he should come out with evidence, abi e go dey knock their gate.
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by QuietHammer(m): 8:52am On Feb 03, 2017
sylviaeo:
IF YOU LIKE MAKE U GET AMNESIA. NEWS WEY DON SPREAD SINCE LAST YEAR. INSTEAD OF U PEOPLE TO CALL HM U R WAITING FOR HM TO COME. LET D WHITES CONTINUE MAKING MILLIONS FROM ARD angry

Good lord! So they are the ones to call him. This is the dumbest thing I've read this month.
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by plendil: 9:41am On Feb 03, 2017
I did a google on the prof's name and come up with a number of publications. Quite a prolific guy, I must confess.

However, his claims to have found a CURE for HIV is the problem I have. There is no indication whatsoever from his write up that his drug was able to TOTALLY WIPE OUT HIV FROM AN INFECTED PERSON, which is what a cure should do.

What his drug alleges to do is to reduce the viral load in body - possibly to undetectable levels. NEWSFLASH: All other ARVs currently in circulation do exactly the same thing!! DUH!

BUT THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED CURES!!!

Is there promise in this his new discovery? Quite possibly. He actually admitted the agent has been used as a drug delivery for other medicines for quite sometime but he is perhaps the first person to use it for HIV.

But his method of disemination is quite unbecoming of someone with his experience
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by mexcanigeo: 10:01am On Feb 03, 2017
That certain Doctor then is living big with his generation and those who believed in his vaccine. Even after using it on 5 deported nig from liberia they still wanted him to tender his hard earned experiments for some one else to harvest.
Same scenario will soon repeat. If they delays on add tribal, regional or religious sentiments on this, this man will hammer in less than 3months outside this continent.
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2017
The minister is a liar. if the minister continues with his position. I can expose him. Too bad we have such persons in power. so much for fighting corruption. buhari and his ministers.. this is so upsetting that he can deliberately lie

Prof had a meeting with Prof Chukwu, the former minister. what is he talking about. is he not aware of that meeting. Under former minister for health, Prof practically begged them to use the drugs on ebola patients and they refused.

I smell envy. There is no hope for this country. This drug has been tested on patients in more than one teaching hospital in nigeria.

They want to cover it up because of envy

1 Like

Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by sylviaeo(f): 10:22am On Feb 03, 2017
QuietHammer:

Good lord! So they are the ones to call him. This is the dumbest thing I've read this month.
Dats bcuz u r dumb. In Asia or America, do u think wen something as sensational as this comes up dar they won't send a team to d person. U r as dumb as Bleep
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by mapet: 10:24am On Feb 03, 2017
cosmatika:
Afonja minister. If the Prof go abroad with it nw & it works, they'll say he's not patriotic. Instead of u to support him, u re denying it

I was looking forward to see this line of thought from an "educated-illiterate". You did not disappoint me
grin
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by mapet: 10:25am On Feb 03, 2017
obamd:
If he claims to have found the cure, the institute of medical research will test and run many clinical trials before making pronouncements.

We're not saying he hasn't found the cure but there are laid down rules on how these things are done.

In other climes, scientists don't even mention anything about their discoveries until they've completed clinical trials.

Here we run straight to the media once we turn water to wine.

Bros,

Don't sweat it. Let the illiterates have their say
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:26am On Feb 03, 2017
y
obamd:
If he claims to have found the cure, the institute of medical research will test and run many clinical trials before making pronouncements.

We're not saying he hasn't found the cure but there are laid down rules on how these things are done.

In other climes, scientists don't even mention anything about their discoveries until they've completed clinical trials.

Plenty successful trials have been done. it is just pure wickedness and envy. and greed for money or bribe that is making them lie

trust me.
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2017
muykem:
I don't understand this people you are asking for government support without first inform appropriate authority on discovery.

my brother they informed, they want to kill it. dont mind them
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2017
obstead200:
seconded bro

well, i understand our problems. keep doubting
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:30am On Feb 03, 2017
KingsleyCEO:
I wipe for this country, and the world in general.
They don't know and they will never know!

true
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by mapet: 10:30am On Feb 03, 2017
obstead200:

AgamaHub: :
trust me, this man is a professor of a federal university, he should know the rules and process of announcing such discovery. If his claims are true, it won't be hidden. The ministry of health will be glad to announce it. They will commission research in tandem with major pharmaceutical companies to develop the product. The minister of health (regardless of what tribe he hails from) would do everything to make the discovery and the subsequent development count as part of his tenure's achievements.

HELL !!!!THE UNIVERSITY AUTHORITIES WILL DO EVERYTHING WITHIN THEIR POWER WITH THEIR FEDERAL MIGHT TO ENSURE THAT THIS NEWS GAINS THE RIGHT AUDIENCE.!!!!! After all, the prof is one of theirs.

Conclusion: either the professor is lying, or his research has a lot of loopholes (I.E could not be verified extensively), or he is simply stupid.

NB. I am igbo so I am not hating. Moreover that school is presently my almamater. I am running a PhD program there.

In addition, If he's sure of his discovery, why doesn't he send his papers to international conferences and Research publications. He will be picked up by will co-researchers and research foundations. A young lady in the US got her PhD with her discovery of using microwave signals to kill cancer cells. Her discovery was successful in Lab-rats. Now she's going through the process and about to raise $35m to finance human trials.

There are standards and laid down procedures.
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:32am On Feb 03, 2017
obamd:

many successful test have been carried my brother. save your energy. Nigerian government is playing politics
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by mapet: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2017
fletcherA:
The minister is a liar. if the minister continues with his position. I can expose him. Too bad we have such persons in power. so much for fighting corruption. buhari and his ministers.. this is so upsetting that he can deliberately lie

Prof had a meeting with Prof Chukwu, the former minister. what is he talking about. is he not aware of that meeting. Under former minister for health, Prof practically begged them to use the drugs on ebola patients and they refused.

I smell envy. There is no hope for this country. This drug has been tested on patients in more than one teaching hospital in nigeria.

They want to cover it up because of envy

Bros,

Are you nuts? How can the Prof. "practically" beg a Minister of Health to use an uncertified drug to treat a disease? Where is that ever done?

....and pls when you want to lie, make sure you're talking to retards and not sane people. Is Teaching hospital an avenue of "testing" drugs on patients?
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2017
mapet:

In addition, If he's sure of his discovery, why doesn't he send his papers to international conferences and Research publications. He will be picked up by will co-researchers and research foundations. A young lady in the US got her PhD with her discovery of using microwave signals to kill cancer cells. Her discovery was successful in Lab-rats. Now she's going through the process and about to raise $35m to finance human trials.

There are standards and laid down procedures.

my brother, do your investigation more about this drug. there is more to what the health minister is telling you
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by mapet: 10:37am On Feb 03, 2017
sylviaeo:

QuietHammer: :

Dats bcuz u r dumb. In Asia or America, do u think wen something as sensational as this comes up dar they won't send a team to d person. U r as dumb as Bleep

Asia and America?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

Are you nuts? How can the Prof. "practically" beg a Minister of Health to use an uncertified drug to treat a disease? Where is that ever done?

i am not nuts, my brother, you wont understand. I cant not say stuffs here, let Prof or his team say what happened when he visited the minister for health. This country..God help us. enough said on this issue. the truth will come out one day
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by obailala(m): 10:39am On Feb 03, 2017
plendil:
I did a google on the prof's name and come up with a number of publications. Quite a prolific guy, I must confess.

However, his claims to have found a CURE for HIV is the problem I have. There is no indication whatsoever from his write up that his drug was able to TOTALLY WIPE OUT HIV FROM AN INFECTED PERSON, which is what a cure should do.

What his drug alleges to do is to reduce the viral load in body - possibly to undetectable levels. NEWSFLASH: All other ARVs currently in circulation do exactly the same thing!! DUH!

BUT THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED CURES!!!

Is there promise in this his new discovery? Quite possibly. He actually admitted the agent has been used as a drug delivery for other medicines for quite sometime but he is perhaps the first person to use it for HIV.

But his method of disemination is quite unbecoming of someone with his experience

Did the prof say it by himself that what he produced is A CURE?... Or is it just the media that's wrongly interpreting the prof's claim?... That is the part of the story I dont understand.

From the report, my understand of what the minister has said is that he is aware of a novel discovery by the prof in producing ARV's, but he is not aware of it being a CURE as circulated by certain parts of the media.
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by fletcherA: 10:41am On Feb 03, 2017
keyanZuzer:
If they want to find the cure for aids all these years, they would have but they are making millions from it just like cancer.

so true my brother
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by mapet: 10:43am On Feb 03, 2017
fletcherA:

my brother, do your investigation more about this drug. there is more to what the health minister is telling you

When I investigate cases like these, my first approach is to be on the side of caution by looking for a rebuttal or critique. This is one of my findings

http://toxicsemicolon.tumblr.com/post/121523726598/maduike-ezeibe-has-not-cured-aids-i-mean-it
Re: Health Minister Denies Knowledge Of HIV Cure By Professor by sylviaeo(f): 10:44am On Feb 03, 2017
mapet:

Asia and America?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

watever rocks ya boat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Concern On The Abusive Intake Of Benylin With Codeine / Woman Marks 10th Anniversary Of Surviving Ovarian Cyst / VAGINAL YEAST INFECTION A Problem To Most Female

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.