Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,461 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:47 AM

Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? (2677 Views)

In What Month Was Jesus Christ Born? / When Was Jesus Christ Born? / Oyedepo's Claim That Covenant University Wasnt Built With Tithes - My Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by SontoneriE(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2009
Hi there,

I don't know if you all have dealt with this topic before but a friend of mine actually told me Jesus christ was not born Dec 25th,

How true is that?
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by 1forall: 12:35am On Dec 03, 2009
Try fasting and prayer
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by slimfit4(m): 1:08am On Dec 03, 2009
@1forall

Its better to be quiet if you have nothing to say rather than not making sense,

@poster

Have heard that is true before but i will look it up again.

Peace,
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by darlingbas(m): 1:14am On Dec 03, 2009
the fact that we celebrate his birth on the 25th of Dec. does not mean that we are claiming that he was actually born on the said day, are you happy now? ok have a bless day.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by toluxa1(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2009
I DONT THINK WE HAVE TO BE MEAN ON THE POSTER. HE WAS POLITELY ASKING A QUESTION.

JESUS CHRIST DEFINATELY WAS NOT BORN ON DEC 25TH. ITS JUST A CEREMONIAL DATE FIXED BY THE ROMAN CATHOLICS. JESUS CHRIST WAS ACTUALLY BORN ON AUGUST 1ST. MANY PEOPLE WILL IMMEDIATELY DISAGREE WITH THIS BUT ITS TRUE.

IF I HAVE TO LAY DOWN THE PROVES, IT'LL TAKE ABOUT A SMALL BOOKLET. I'VE TAKEN TIME TO STUDY THE TIMELINE OF HISTORY FROM THE BIBLE OVER THE YEARS AND WE FIND INTERESTING AND PRECISE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by 1forall: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2009
slim-fit:

@1forall
Its better to be quiet if you have nothing to say rather than not making sense,

Ha Mr Lepa since when did fasting and prayer not make sense to you?

Um. . . so found anything on the topic from your checks? cool grin
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Chibros: 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
My brother,it's true.he wasn't born on dec.25.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2009
Xtrianity is all about forgery, Dec 25 or Aug 21 ? Big time blunder. Hahaha. Worshippers of the Ghost
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2009
It is a historical fact that Jesus was not born on 25th december but that day was just set aside in the fourth century to celebrate the birth of our Lord.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by wirinet(m): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2009
chukwudi44:

It is a historical fact that Jesus was  not born on 25th december but that day was just set aside in the fourth century to celebrate the birth of our Lord.

25th of December had been celebrated for centuries before Christ in many European and eastern societies to commemorate the birth of the sun god. it was the day the sun is said to be reborn because the winter solstice is on December 24, that is when the sun stops dying (day stops getting shorter), and start its rebirth. So celebration starts on eve of 24th till the night of 25th, with wild jubilation, involving drinking, dancing and general merry making,

When Rome adopted Christianity, it incorporated most of its former rituals and celebrations into the new religion. which includes the worship and veneration of Venus and son Eros, as Infant Jesus and Mary, the adoption of patron saints from their past worship of numerous personal gods, and a host of others.

As the celebration of Christmas, spread through Norther Europe it acquired many other cultural practices, like Santa from the Nordic culture and Holly and mistletoe trees from England(not sure here). But the practice is still primary drinking, dancing and merrymaking as originally practiced by the Pagan Romans.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by bawomolo(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2009
wirinet:

25th of December had been celebrated for centuries before Christ in many European and eastern societies to commemorate the birth of the sun god. it was the day the sun is said to be reborn because the winter solstice is on December 24, that is when the sun stops dying (day stops getting shorter), and start its rebirth. So celebration starts on eve of 24th till the night of 25th, with wild jubilation, involving drinking, dancing and general merry making,

When Rome adopted Christianity, it incorporated most of its former rituals and celebrations into the new religion. which includes the worship and veneration of Venus and son Eros, as Infant Jesus and Mary, the adoption of patron saints from their past worship of numerous personal gods, and a host of others.

As the celebration of Christmas, spread through Norther Europe it acquired many other cultural practices, like Santa from the Nordic culture and Holly and mistletoe trees from England(not sure here). But the practice is still primary drinking, dancing and merrymaking as originally practiced by the Pagan Romans.   

interesting
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by jagunlabi(m): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2009
You think that is interesting,bawo?You should hear the real data on the true meaning of easter.Wirinet, abeg, drop some infos on easter. wink
bawomolo:

interesting
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2009
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by SontoneriE(m): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
Ok, thanks for the response, But if i may also ask why did they actually put the date on the exact date of the pagan holiday?,

Secondly why was it difficult to know the exact date he was born?,

Regards,
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2009
Jhe answer is because jesus was a fraud
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
@jagunlabi, is not a news that xtrian practice paganism
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2009
CHRISTIANITY = PAGANISM,
PLS QUIT AND ACCEPT ALLAH(SWT) IN YOUR LIFE AS YOUR GOD

fact
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 1:21am On Dec 04, 2009
Yes o
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by ccollins(m): 9:22am On Dec 04, 2009
Useless waiste of time cos u can't change the virtues of christianity
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by kolaoloye(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Xtrianity is all about forgery, Dec 25 or Aug 21 ? Big time blunder. Hahaha. Worshippers of the Ghost

uplawal:

CHRISTIANITY = PAGANISM,
PLS QUIT AND ACCEPT ALLAH(SWT) IN YOUR LIFE AS YOUR GOD

Abuzola 1:

Jhe answer is because jesus was a fraud
Father forgive them because they knew not what they were doing.
My brother and sister,go and sin no more but remember:
It is better to keep your mouth shut than to blaspheme.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by jagunlabi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2009
And so does islam.
Abuzola 1:

@jagunlabi, is not a news that xtrian practice paganism
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by MrCrackles(m): 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
SontoneriE:

Hi there,

I don't know if you all have dealt with this topic before but a friend of mine actually told me Jesus christ was not born Dec 25th,

How true is that?

Very true. . . .
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by ezer(m): 5:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
SontoneriE:

Ok, thanks for the response, But if i may also ask why did they actually put the date on the exact date of the pagan holiday?,

Secondly why was it difficult to know the exact date he was born?,

Regards,

leave that for the Catholics to answer. Better still contact the Pope,lol

jagunlabi:

You think that is interesting,bawo?You should hear the real data on the true meaning of easter.Wirinet, abeg, drop some infos on easter. wink

easter? I think celebration of one of the goddesses. God save us o, nobody knows if we're been mislead, or they just dont want to talk.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 05, 2009
@kola oloye,nobody is blaspheming here,its the fact,or you think we are mumus like naija people,since most of them are ignorant, that just go church and celebrate and thats it,thank GOD am liberated from konk deceptions, they are so ignorants of the devils devices
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 1:14am On Dec 05, 2009
@jagunlabi- islam does not involve the worshipping of ghost like xtrianity, did you hear ?
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 05, 2009
@ABUZOLA,let him hear o,imagine,they even worship two ghost now,the dead guy by invoking his spirit and the ghost,and dnt even bother to stress the GODHEAD
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 1:22am On Dec 05, 2009
So sad how paul brainwashed them and had multitude followers
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 05, 2009
HE BRAINSOILED THEM ,BUT IF THEY READY TO BE SAVED THEY WILL BE BRAINWASHED BY ISLAM,in a proper way
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 1:32am On Dec 05, 2009
Yap
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by mavenbox: 1:43am On Dec 05, 2009
@Topic: Jesus may not have been born on December 25th. Personally, I give God thanks for the birth of Christ each and every day.

Let me give you an illustration: when we celebrate the "dead soldier" on the Armed Forces Remembrance Day a.k.a Veterans day http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day on November 11th, and old Mrs Adamson remembers her father that died bravely defending his country during World War I, does that mean the man died on November 11th? In his family, each and every day they remember him, but ON THAT PARTICULAR DAY, the programme of events have been set aside to honour him

@wirinet: I have read a lot about Easter and Christmas practices and pagan similitudes and origins thanks to the early Roman Catholic Church, but does it nullify the fact that Christ came? I guess if I was a historian in Christ's day, I may have taken extra effort to document the exact day but since I was not; I am content with the fact that he came. The date is rather trivial, sorry.
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by Abuzola11(m): 1:49am On Dec 05, 2009
Story, Dec 25 is mark for an idolatory occassion by the roman
Re: Jesus Christ: Born Dec 25th: Wasnt True? by mavenbox: 2:01am On Dec 05, 2009
@Abuzola- Did you know that as you were busy having Eid-el-whatever it was some days ago, there were Ifa priests worshipping somewhere in Ogun state, Nigeria? So does that mean you were worshipping the same god? Just maybe, undecided undecided

When will you guys get it? You keep looking at the moon searching for dates, but dates are rather trivial, after all, time will soon cease to exist. It was once not in existence anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Women More Virtuous Than Men? / 10 Question For Lazarus Muoka / What A Successful Pilgrimage To Oke Maria "The Mountain Of Mary" Oyo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.