Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women (21231 Views)

Boko Haram Warns Dapchi Parents To Marry Off Daughters After Dropping The Girls / "Relocate To Kano" - Ganduje To Fulani Herdsmen / Is President Buhari Wearing N7,181,520 Wristwatch? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by oludareasamu: 5:51am On Feb 03, 2017
Kano State government is set to marry off 1,520 women under its mass wedding programme.

Mass wedding is an annual programme in Kano state introduced by KwanKwaso/Ganduje-led adminstration.

The State Commissioner for Local Government, Alhaji Murtala Sule Garo made the disclosure on Thursday at a ceremony for the distribution of empowerment tools to youths under Ganduje Mass Economic Empowerment Programme (G-MEEP).

Garo said: "Funds for the proposed mass wedding has been released since. This is the first batch and second and third batches would followed soon."

It would be recalled that over 4,000 prospect couples have been resgistered for the mass wedding by the Kano State Hisbah Board.

In a related development the commissioner said over 2,000 youths were empowered under under G-MEEP programme.

"4,400 youths and 4,400 women would get assistance under the programme soon. Earlier, 3,500 youths have been empowered during the one year anniversary of the present administration," he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/kano-mass-wedding-ganduje-to-marry-off-1-520-women/183639.html#tYzSWgjP25tQfSIX.99

2 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by sarrki(m): 5:53am On Feb 03, 2017
I won't keep quiet

The truth is the poverty in the north is man made

The husband to be are they capable?

Are they working

Am sure they are not

For the government to marry the ladies out

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by proeast(m): 5:58am On Feb 03, 2017
WTF? These !diots up north really disgusts me, so this is the job and priority of a supposed governor in this 21st century even in a period of worsening recession and economic crises? What a bunch of homo erectus sub humans i'm made to share a country with, smh & spits on them!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:07am On Feb 03, 2017
proeast:
WTF? These !diots up north really disgusts me, so this is the job and priority of a supposed governor in this 21st century even in a period of worsening recession and economic crises? What a bunch of homo erectus sub humans i'm made to share a country with, smh & spits on them!
sarrki:
I won't keep quiet

The truth is the poverty in the north is man made

The husband to be are they capable?

Are they working

Am sure they are not

For the government to marry the ladies out

cry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by NuclearWinter: 6:11am On Feb 03, 2017
Kano has the highest divorce rate in Nigeria with also the most disturbing drug abuse pandemic in Nigeria involving young women.

So happens that young underage girls forced into early marriage end up divorced before they turn 20 all because their ex-husband wants to make room for another younger girl in their Islamic sanctioned harem. These young divorcees turn to drugs to deal with the scars of emotional and sexual abuse they suffered under their last marriage. Being a divorcee and most likely uneducated with a drug problem, these young girls end up as sex workers in order to eke a living and pay for their drug addiction.

The north is fcked up in every indices

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 03, 2017
This is true o. Hmmm, God dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by chieyine(m): 6:15am On Feb 03, 2017
More almajiri
More Boko
I laugh in 3D grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by proeast(m): 6:37am On Feb 03, 2017
ishowdotgmail:

cry
Yes Econcern me because they will use the retarded products of such stvpidity to elect people like buhari. They will need our resources to feed the retard.ed and unproductive offsprings. Many of them will still end up as almajiris, boko haram foot soldiers or juvenile delinquents. So you see why I'm concerend?

38 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by uboma(m): 6:57am On Feb 03, 2017
misplaced priority by Kano State Govt.

5 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by okosodo: 6:57am On Feb 03, 2017
I see why boko haram will never leave the north

5 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by uboma(m): 7:00am On Feb 03, 2017
dingbang:
70percent of Hausa females are ugly and not sexy...

I beg to disagree with you.
Most Hausa ladies are pretty and well endowed.

5 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by dingbang(m): 7:03am On Feb 03, 2017
uboma:

I beg to disagree with you.
Most Hausa ladies are pretty and well endowed.
u mean d black dirty ones in the slum?

7 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Ddaji(m): 7:38am On Feb 03, 2017
Most of the comments above me are from religious and tribals bigots.Nigeria is not one and can never be one,judging measures taken by other society in order to solve social problems as wrong and backward is the greatest hypocrisy in earth.The present administration in kano is one the best in terms of physical development in Nigeria.you can't compare it with some governors in the east that refused to construct even drainage and pay the workers salary. Some state governors spent billion to sponsored cannibal and nobody complaint because that is the priority of their state. Some lauder abroad billions given to them as bail to pay their workers,some are owners of big shopping malls in abuja.The payment of workers salary in kano is up to date,the state has two state university, thousands of students are in abroad under sponsorship of the state.This mass weeding is welcome development and the people of the state are OK with it.please ask your State governor about how he is running your state not kano.bigotry is a big from in nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by owobokiri(m): 7:39am On Feb 03, 2017
They should create a "ministry of fuckery" in that state..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2017
Mass wedding everyday.Why won't we have Almajiris flooding the whole North?

1 Like

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by lovelyjay: 8:24am On Feb 03, 2017
Lobatan
Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 03, 2017
and more almanjeri in the making while using revenue from the south to feed them. smh

3 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by johnstar(m): 8:26am On Feb 03, 2017
Some ppl nor juz gt sense

Na marriage dey shark dm lyk dis

Afonjas and aboki ppl na dsame
Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by sylviaeo(f): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2017
Lol. They can't use d moni to send children to school. If u go to kano, u will c children begging with stainless plate in d the road. Sanusi has warned u people not to disturb him again with your religious extremism

1 Like

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 03, 2017
wonder how Akwa Ibom would be by now if we did not share the same country with ediots undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by semasir: 8:29am On Feb 03, 2017
Lemme apply for the 2nd batch. pwettyesther, tinaanita, deepfriedpuff, EniHolar! I'm waiting for your greenlights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Desdola(m): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2017
Give them better welfare packages to be empowered than the mass wedding of a thing. After d wedding, what next?

1 Like

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2017
Uhm.....how do they get in this program?? I wanna join grin

1 Like

Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Antoeni(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2017
Is one constitutional duties as a Governor?
Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2017
g
Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by weedtheweeds: 8:32am On Feb 03, 2017
how about the mass killing?
Re: Kano Mass Wedding: Ganduje To Marry Off 1,520 Women by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 03, 2017
proeast:

Morality and values is just as important. If you werent such a dingbat you would have read where these youths were empowered by the government before providing spouses for them, killing to birds with one stone. This actually alleviates poverty and reduces immoral acts,

we cant have our women running round like whores like you Godless lot down south!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danjuma’s Self Defense Call: Nigeria ‘tip Toeing Through Minefield’ – Shehu Sani / How Kwankwaso Stashed Kano's $1million In Ukraine — Ganduje / Update: Dangote Not A Member Of APC Campaign Council - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.