Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar (13213 Views)

Teachers In Abia Clean Up Schools Before Resumption (Photos) / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by dre11(m): 7:13am On Feb 03, 2017
Mudiaga Affe , Calabar

Six teachers at the Federal Government Girls College in Calabar on Thursday alleged that they were beaten in the presence of pupils by operatives of the Department of State Services, Cross River State Command.

They alleged that the armed security officials stormed the school premises at about 10am on the invitation of a female DSS official who had come to beat up a teacher for flogging her daughter.

One of the teachers , Mr . Owai Owai, said he was flogged in front of his pupils by the DSS woman and her husband.

Other teachers , who claimed to have been beaten up when the school later became flooded with DSS officials , identified themselves simply as Ndarake , Inyang , Udoh , Agba , Njor and the college ’ s Chief Security Officer, John Ikpeme.

A security official , identified as James, said the DSS officials who stormed the school in three vehicles , shot repeatedly into the air before they forcefully gained entrance.

However, the state Director of DSS , Mr . Fubara Duke , said the matter was a case of mistaken identity.

But PUNCH Metro observed that the school gate had bullet holes , while some spent shells were seen on the floor.

Owai, who teaches Civic Education in the senior class , said trouble started when he flogged some pupils for failing to sweep their classroom.

He said , “ I was about to teach when I noticed some junior pupils sweeping the classroom of the senior pupils. I learnt that the senior pupils had imposed it on them . It was a wrong precedent because all the pupils had been told to sweep their respective classes.

“ I punished the senior pupils who ordered the junior ones to sweep. I gave each of them two strokes of the cane on their palm and one of them challenged me for flogging her . Before I knew what was happening , she telephoned her mother , whom I later learnt was a DSS official.

The mother came to the school with her husband and they started beating me.

“ They used my own cane to flog me in the presence of the pupils. My fellow teachers came in to stop them , but they were rebuffed. Later , the DSS woman called her colleagues for reinforcement and that was how the school became flooded with DSS officials . They started beating teachers who ran into them . ”

Another teacher , Amos Princewill, said the DSS officials took away two mobile phones, a binocular and N 80, 000 belonging to his colleagues who were molested.

But DSS Director, Duke , said , “ It was not true that they used guns. What happened was that there was a mistaken identity somewhere. Our people responded to a call from them and on getting there , a group of hoodlums that had earlier gone there took to their heels.

“ Meanwhile, a parent had gone to the school to complain that her daughter was beaten up by a teacher . She ( the parent) was mistaken to be among the hoodlums and some teachers from the school pounced on her. They even attacked a DSS official . I have complained to the school authorities to take administrative action against what they did to a member of my staff. ”

http://punchng.com/dss-beats-unity-school-teachers-calabar/

lalasticlala
Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by lonelydora: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2017
DSS again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by jeeqaa7(m): 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
DSS again

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by blackpanda: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Thank God they didnt call buhari name here ooo grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
hmm Daura Secret Service

they become lame when faced with their real duties

but agile in the South and against PDP

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by TwoBottles: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Beating teachers in the presence of their pupils/students is uncalled for. This is the height of impunity.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by NCP: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
Daura Special Squad (DSS) at work.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Obijulius: 7:19am On Feb 03, 2017
I remember how the Egyptians under Mubarak endured years of persecution and killings by the state police and in Libya.

All that changed during the revolution when those officials were identified and hunted down.

If the DSS continues this trend then I can comfortably say there victims today are stacking up animosity, petrol and rubber tires for their necks. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

10 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
DSS again, this country Na zoo true true

12 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by lordmario(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
Naija which way

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by crazygod(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
Buhari angry

2 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by lirusehn(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by SalomonKane: 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
What manner of nonsense is this? What gives this over-zealous security operative the power to lay hands on a teacher because they disciplined a student.

This is gross nonsense!.

15 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Hades2016(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
What is Nigeria turning into cry bubu has turn some people into a monster cry cry

5 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by NetBizguy: 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
There was a country!

5 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by MAKABBEY(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
lobatan
Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by shortgun(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2017
We are getting there.....gradually
Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Mcnnamdi: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2017
This is indeed nigeria of today! The hunter is now the hunted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by harriet412(f): 7:21am On Feb 03, 2017
Our very own DSS with integrity.
Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by dedons: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2017
And their Boss is even defending their stupidity.

May it never be well with Bullharry and his supporters.

Hit like to agree.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by marysyviabrown(f): 7:21am On Feb 03, 2017
DSS no get work again? They are confuse

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Abbeyme: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2017
That version of story by DSS is utterly irresponsible and callous for their job description.

What is the DSS doing on a school compound with rifles.

They are adequately jobless, I guess...

25 Likes

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Realcash224(m): 7:21am On Feb 03, 2017
This is terible!

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by josephsm823(m): 7:22am On Feb 03, 2017
stupid people. ... they should be sue!

1 Like

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by OSESUNATE(m): 7:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Nigerian security operatives are all LIONSS!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Hades2016(m): 7:22am On Feb 03, 2017
harriet412:
Our very own DSS with integrity.
baby you set oooooo grin
Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by givemedatin: 7:22am On Feb 03, 2017
Can you imagine the fat lies from DSS

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by sinistermind(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2017
Just look how the Director is trying to cover up the story. I guess the staff and management of the school conspired to lie against the DSS, to what end abeg?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by sakalisis(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2017
Hmmm
Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Qmerit(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2017
That same school won't contain me and that daughter of theirs she should be expelled.
Two, the DSS officials should be disciplined and advice the management of the school to go to court for claims is as simple as that.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Beats Unity School Teachers In Calabar by Hades2016(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2017
marysyviabrown:
DSS no get work again? They are confuse
baby you set oooooo grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Not 10,000 Candidates Were Arrested In Anambra During Exams – JAMB / Jamb Admission Letter Printing / 2012/2013 University Of Uyo Admission List Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.