Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience (34387 Views)

An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra / We Thought You Should Know! / My Shocking Experience With Igbo Corpers During Nysc...corps Member Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by eghuan1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
adioolayi:

Is this the best way you can address Racism allegations Are the allegations true grin

Hope you understand the difference between racism and tribalism?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Zane2point4(m): 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
misterh:
Is that how she really dressed? Care to show me a picture of her? Or you just assumed because she covers her hair, it automatically means she covers her face too?

Yes thats exactly how they dress, i served in the north, they dress like ninja on an assassin's mission.

6 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by adioolayi(m): 12:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
eghuan1:

Hope you understand the difference between racism and tribalism?
That should have been the technical word.. thank you.
My message is clear anyway
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by caprini1: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

The fact that you never experienced it does not mean it did not happen.
May be,but in my hometown corpers are treated like royalty.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
caprini1:
May be,but in my hometown corpers are treated like royalty.

So why are you trying to sow doubt in her story?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by guywitzerogal(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
misterh:
Here we go again! Have you seen her picture to conclude that she covers her face? Have you heard of a Yoruba Muslim getting involved in BH activities? It's apparent that your dislike for the Yoruba will make you class them in any negative category.

Cheers.
how did u get here pls is it dat u can't read or ur hand the scratch u to type

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by kateskitty(f): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
A Nigerian corp member sent to serve in the East has recounted how she and her colleagues from the North were taunted by the principal and students of the school they were posted to.
Very sad tweets. Continues below.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/02/i-thought-youre-buharis-sister-corp.html

Hate the Igbos all you want but the fact is that they never went to any part of the Nigeria to bomb the place.
But Nigeria has suffered many suicide bombings in the hands of.....
So hated will come naturally, even American is now trying to totally stop them from going into their country.

Its just A bad time right now to be a Muslim not a problem with the igbos

2 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
Zane2point4:

Yes thats exactly how they dress, i served in the north, they dress like ninja on an assassin's mission.
So you're assuming that the lady in question is from the North, right?

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
prophetfire:
This foolish girl is lucky being alive to run her dirty mouth. upnorth what does her people do? they kill female corpers after gang-raping them. igbos dnt kill. upnorth her people kill igbos in their hundreds just because they are christians. You people bomb everywhere you go and hav reason to be afraid.

So you are going to ignore the part that she said the principal also harassed a Calabar girl just because she wasn't Igbo.

Is the Calabar girl too Buhari's sister or is she a Muslim too?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Zane2point4(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
misterh:
So you're assuming that the lady in question is from the North, right?

Yes naa, she wore veil, is either she is a yoruba musim or northern babe.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Anunty shutup u idiot. Even europian fear ur veil, everyone fears ur covering, so why single out the Igbos?

U act so holy and what have u not, what do u and ur people do to Igbos up north? It's an untold story, no one should talk till they hear the other side.

Your own is just oral harassment and u re crying. We get assault, we re called "iyamiri baban doya uba daya kakan gwoma"

We dnt move freely up north no matter how long it is u ve stayed or how deep ur tongue is to the language. We dnt go to night vigil cos ur chances of returning is slim, u can drink alcohol and be save.

Igbos re just managing to stay up north cos cost of living is very low compared to down south, fixing in will be difficult for a family that's why u see people still pretend to b Dia.

Nonsense girl. Even Lagos is banning veil cover and u re in the East ranting.

As trump ban una, d world no go hear word, but una ban jew from entering una countries with death penalty, why Jews people never full street?
The reverend father is human, I even think say na assault him assault u.

Me too I hate yoruba more than anything, I like Hausa people sef, na dis Dia religious imbalance I no understand. Dey almost killed me back den.

So you are going to ignore the part that she said the principal also harassed a Calabar girl just because she wasn't Igbo.

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
massinola:
Why does these people always like to play the victim when they are the most tribalistic people I have ever seen? I served in ekiti. Go to the banks, you will be amazed how a banker treats you if you can't say ekulere oh, eseooo. It's everywhere. Not to boast, I graduated the best in my department 2014, in a federal university of technology in the north. I was told to my face I can't be retained cos I'm an Igbo. So what's the fuse. The people who go around throwing bombs wear the hijab. Its only logical for people to be hostile towards you putting on the hijab. That has got to change though if Nigeria is to move forward. But ranting about nothing making you ever to go to the east, Igbos feel the same way too. Nigeria has always been divided ethnically, religiously, and otherwise. It didn't start from where you experienced it. Where did omo ibo originate from? Enyamiri nko?

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
Adonis3:

Well, your people behave worse in their region

If you ain't Hausa or can't speak, you gotta be careful.

I had a friend who had to go about with hijab just to keep herself safe.

If your people nor bomb, shey dem go describe una as such??

I hate tribal and religious bigotry tho!

#Adonis3HasSpoken

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by me69: 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
A Nigerian corp member sent to serve in the East has recounted how she and her colleagues from the North were taunted by the principal and students of the school they were posted to.
Very sad tweets. Continues below.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/02/i-thought-youre-buharis-sister-corp.html

My experience in Nigeria showed me that the most tribalistic people are the igbos but I have them as friends when you become very familiar with them you will like them
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by me69: 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mrbigman1:
Anunty shutup u idiot. Even europian fear ur veil, everyone fears ur covering, so why single out the Igbos?

U act so holy and what have u not, what do u and ur people do to Igbos up north? It's an untold story, no one should talk till they hear the other side.

Your own is just oral harassment and u re crying. We get assault, we re called "iyamiri baban doya uba daya kakan gwoma"

We dnt move freely up north no matter how long it is u ve stayed or how deep ur tongue is to the language. We dnt go to night vigil cos ur chances of returning is slim, u can drink alcohol and be save.

Igbos re just managing to stay up north cos cost of living is very low compared to down south, fixing in will be difficult for a family that's why u see people still pretend to b Dia.

Nonsense girl. Even Lagos is banning veil cover and u re in the East ranting.

As trump ban una, d world no go hear word, but una ban jew from entering una countries with death penalty, why Jews people never full street?
The reverend father is human, I even think say na assault him assault u.

Me too I hate yoruba more than anything, I like Hausa people sef, na dis Dia religious imbalance I no understand. Dey almost killed me back den.
you just exposed yourself to what she said
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by BolaAdeyemo: 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
I am not ibo
But why do other tribes act as if ibos owes them,ibos in other parts of nigeria work day in/day out to be comfortable and absorb whatever insults or slurs thrown at then,notice that there are no ibo corpers complaining it dosent mean they dont experience tribalism during their own NYSC
Pls

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by me69: 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
EHI9ICE:

Carzola when you go return back from Injury Our midfield dey miss you spectacular awesomeness sad
eya Arsenal fan
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
guywitzerogal:
how did u get here pls is it dat u can't read or ur hand the scratch u to type
In the first picture I annotated below⬇, the lady said she covers her head. But, as annotated in the 2nd picture below ⬇, you erroneously said she covers her face? Can't you distinguish between the head and the face?

Also, is it that you can't infer that she was asked if she was Buhari's sister because of her head covering, as the students ignorantly assumed anyone who covers her head is a Northerner?
And here you are, also claiming she's from the North because she covers her head. What's then the difference between you and the secondary school students?

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Athanatos(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
If any of this is true,then I'm ashamed for my people.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
philchudi:
Some girls yeye sha. Imagine this one cursing a whole tribe for problem u brought on urself.

Your level of Mumurism has no mekotarism.

While u guys up north are busy killing ur mate, u are there running ur mouth like ......ehh

GARARA HERE, SLOW.....

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
chynie:
She lucky she is still alive
and the bomb allegation is a possibility, cos una dey really hide bomb there.

does she know how many Igbos that have lost their bro, sis, father, mother, son, daughter etc in the hands of her brothers

Since when did two wrongs make a right? Wrong is wrong no matter who started it first.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Adonis3: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

My point remains its worse in her region so she shouldn't complain

#Adonis3HasSpoken
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by misterh(m): 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Zane2point4:

Yes naa, she wore veil, is either she is a yoruba musim or northern babe.
Oh really?! Where did she claim to wear a veil please? Or you think all Muslim women wear veils?

What she claimed to wear is hijab, which covered her head.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Adonis3:

My point remains its worse in her region so she shouldn't complain

#Adonis3HasSpoken

Since when has two wrongs ever made a right?

Wrong is wrong! No matter who started it first.
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
kilokeys:
you have to prove them wrong ... by not bombing the place..

after awhile they'll realise .. not all hijab wearers are bombers..

thats you EDUCATING THEM..

So if i blamed you for the actions of a few people from your tribe would you like that? Whatever happned to treating each individual the way we want to be treated?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
nellyelitz:
who wouldn't be afraid, are people bombing and killing innocent souls not from ur religion and tribe? pls i don't trust people covering their faces bearing some funny names.

So you are in essence saying that people should be held responsible for other peoples actions right? How just is that?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by kilokeys(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

So if i blamed you for the actions of a few people from your tribe would you like that? Whatever happned to treating each individual the way we want to be treated?

u are not educated i guess... educated pple would have understood my angle..

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Chamber10:
First, who verified that her story is true? He should have name the place (the school and the clergyman) so that we can verify. Anybody can come online and frame up stories just to ignite hate for a tribe.

Secondly, even if it is true that she was insulted, was she maimed or lost her life as it is obtainable in the North? (not trying to justify her being insulted). The worst has happened to Corp members posted to the North and nobody is protesting. So don't come her to tell us stories to whip up sentiments.

Since when has two wrongs ever made a right? Tell me, where has an eye for an eye worked before?
Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
kilokeys:

u are not educated i guess... educated pple would have understood my angle..

actually i am educated. Thank you. And a truly well educated people would not have an over simplistic view of people from cultures different from theirs. For example, all muslims are terrorists. All whites are racists. All Ibos are fraudulent etc.

The world is not always black and white. There is a lot of grey in between and it takes people who are not simple minded to see that instead of resorting to intellectually lazy generalizations about whole ethnic groups or religions different from theirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Ruggedpen: 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
freeborn76:
This is an unfortunate reality; the Igbos are undoubtedly Nigeria's most tribalistic tribe and I say this with all sense of sincerity. I schooled in the East and even long before this current Biafra hullabaloo, I was always reminded that I was 'the other'...they would always say when Biafra is declared we will kill all of you ofem mmanu people...the sad part is that they live in other parts of Nigeria as if they are demigods...let's grant them Biafra so that we all can rest...
Oga most times i see igbos as the most hatred tribe in Nigeria, how many times have they kill igbo corpers in North, when u are in igbo land as u claimed did anybody injured u for been another tribe, have u seen igbos kill another tribe on any slightest incitement, infact hausa fight for their gods, they loose election they kill, u have normal issue with another person they mob u and another person crossing will not ask he will join the killing, the corper making the silly comment should ask all of us to start saying what we pass through in different places of service. they will come in a place of worship and bomb people which is worst crime against humanity. the noise making corper are u not aware that the people bombing Nigeria always use hijab. talk to ur people for them to stop making u people look like terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by Mrbigman1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
davidif:

I have visited all part of the country and I ve been on social media since 2008.

I have barely heard this sought of news and ve never heard of another tribe bin killed in Igbo land or bin disturbed for nothing or what have u not.

All we see around Nigeria daily is how Igbos re bin murdered daily in bayelsea, disgraced in akure and I dnt wanna call Lagos.

Igbos re bing told to go back home in calabar, warri and even in Benin.
Do u think we enjoy it wen we read those news? Or do u think people down east dnt hear or read about them too?

U expect after all dis treatment we see Dia people and peck dem?

We can not be violent towards dem but we will share our aggression and pls dnt quote me again.

1 Like

Re: 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience by davidif: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Kalusha44:
Madam, nobody is supporting what happened to you but don't make it sound like you are all saints up there, my roommate in my lodge then almost lost his life because he wore a gold chain with a crucifix pendant... These almajiris swooped on him after their Friday prayers as he was unfortunate enough to pass close to their mosque on his was back, it took the intervention of some law enforcement agents to stop those boys from killing him there and then.. He was vibrating like a spoilt Nokia phone when he came back... When u go to ur 'perfect 'north or wherever you come from, teach them to be more tolerant not swearing upandan, from ur tone, u will want to pay an eye for a face even... Teach them not to use terms like 'inyamurin' and 'kahuri ' all sorts of derogatory terms for strangers , teach them, maybe then, we will help you!!

Bros, two wrongs don't make a right. Wrong is wrong!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Realities Of Life After NYSC / NYSC C14 ABIA State..lets Meet Here! / Corper Lawal Auwal Kontagora Shot Dead In Kaduna While Visiting Female Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.