Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra (1146 Views)

Corper Poses With The Car He Bought With His NYSC Allawee (Photos) / Physical-challenge Small Sized Corper Shows His NYSC Certificate (photos) / Corper Sends His NYSC Photos To His Father, See His Epic Reply 'Buy Nice Pant' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
A People Steep in Culture

The Igbos have a steadfast admiration for their traditions and cultural heritage. The traditional breaking of kola nuts to connote peace is still held high in Igbo cosmology. The Igbo traditional wedding and burial ceremonies are events to behold despite their disregard for ‘Owanbe’ which is popular among Yorubas. The popularity of Christianity in the region has not deterred most of them from performing key cultural rites. Their rich traditions are also evident in the frequent outings of Masquerades and during the New yam festivals

Another impressive feature worthy of admiration is the profound positive imparts of community development associations in various towns and villages in the state. In Enugwu Ukwu, so many developmental strides were seen executed by the town union which includes the building of a town hall, assisting the government in the area of security of lives and properties, organising free jamb coaching for young school leavers and promoting a healthy lifestyle through monthly keep fit exercises.

Such exemplary gestures by the town union were also noticeable in other neighbouring communities like Nawfia, Abagana, Nimo and other communities I visited. I prescribe this act of sportsmanship to all towns in Nigeria, for the progression of our society does not lie in the hands of our government alone.

My experience in Anambra has really afforded me the opportunity to see people differently from a stereotypical lens.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/364146-my-service-year-purged-me-of-tribal-stereotype-graduating-corps-member.html
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by Magicians: 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2019
What about your experience after meeting the likes of shameless n bigoted pachukwudsie44 n his bandit of dull head bigots ?
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by joshuanwankwo(m): 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
this ought to be in educational platform
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by Nwadiuto247: 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:
A People Steep in Culture

The Igbos have a steadfast admiration for their traditions and cultural heritage. The traditional breaking of kola nuts to connote peace is still held high in Igbo cosmology. The Igbo traditional wedding and burial ceremonies are events to behold despite their disregard for ‘Owanbe’ which is popular among Yorubas. The popularity of Christianity in the region has not deterred most of them from performing key cultural rites. Their rich traditions are also evident in the frequent outings of Masquerades and during the New yam festivals

Another impressive feature worthy of admiration is the profound positive imparts of community development associations in various towns and villages in the state. In Enugwu Ukwu, so many developmental strides were seen executed by the town union which includes the building of a town hall, assisting the government in the area of security of lives and properties, organising free jamb coaching for young school leavers and promoting a healthy lifestyle through monthly keep fit exercises.

Such exemplary gestures by the town union were also noticeable in other neighbouring communities like Nawfia, Abagana, Nimo and other communities I visited. I prescribe this act of sportsmanship to all towns in Nigeria, for the progression of our society does not lie in the hands of our government alone.

My experience in Anambra has really afforded me the opportunity to see people differently from a stereotypical lens.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/364146-my-service-year-purged-me-of-tribal-stereotype-graduating-corps-member.html

That's how we roll and that's why sometimes we dont give a damn about government

1 Like

Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by Hoephase: 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2019
The apprenticeship culture is one aspect of the Igbos way of life that has lift many households out of poverty.

The igbo people have helped themselves more than Nigerian government has helped the country.

I find it funny when people that know nothing about the Igbos and have never left Lagos come here to say that Igbos don't help themselves.

1 Like

Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by izombie(m): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
Come see how people wey never cross ore go label op liar.
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by obiekunie2: 12:30am On Nov 23, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

That's how we roll and that's why sometimes we dont give a damn about government

bros pls correct that to read: THAT'S WHY WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT GOVERNMENT ALL THE TIME!

pls ask the op if he noticed any federal government presence in South-East - NON! absolutely non!

98% of the development in south-east are self-help projects of citizens.

The only federal government presence in south-east are the ARMY, POLICE, CUSTOMS, IMMIGRATION, CIVIL DEFENSE AND EVEN PEACE CORP - each and every one of them set up checkpoint every 100 meters on the bad and neglected federal roads and are all busy extorting citizens every day!

EVEN THE NORTHERN WAR ZONES DOESN'T HAVE 1% OF THE CHECK POINTS WE HAVE IN ALL THE ROADS IN SOUTH-EAST!

ONE DAY - JUST ONE DAY, WE WILL ALL STAND UP IN THE ENTIRE SOUTH-EAST AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by nlPoster: 12:38am On Nov 23, 2019
Where is the other thread identical to this one where I posted a link to Abagana during the civil war?
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by ALPHABASE: 12:48am On Nov 23, 2019
THE VENOMOUS CHILDREN FROM THE WEST-SIDE WILL SOON BOMBARD THIS THREAD sad
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by nlPoster: 12:49am On Nov 23, 2019
ALPHABASE:
I AM VENOMOUS sad

If you dont know how to make conversation vamoose.

Some of you can seriously only insult, you really don't know how to converse.
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by nlPoster: 12:51am On Nov 23, 2019
op, change your title to a corper, why is the state of the writer specifically mentioned as if he's the first person to serve in Anambra?
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by ALPHABASE: 12:54am On Nov 23, 2019
nlPoster:

We really dont know how to relate with other tribes

Some of us can seriously only insult, we really don't know how to converse.
YOU HAVE TO KEEP ON LEARNING embarassed
Re: An Ekiti Indigene Recounts His NYSC Experience In Anambra by nlPoster: 1:06am On Nov 23, 2019
ALPHABASE:
I HAVE TO KEEP ON LEARNING embarassed

grin

(1) (Reply)

Nysc 2020 Batch A: Compilation Of Question And Answer By Pcm / NYSC 2014 Batch 'B' Corp Members House / NYSC Online Revalidation N R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.