Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

To Allah Belongs The Most Beautiful Names - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / To Allah Belongs The Most Beautiful Names (412 Views)

Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Allah Belongs The Most Beautiful Names by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2017
BismiLLaahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Praise be to Allah and His Solah and salam be upon the last of the messengers Alyhimussalam.

Our Lord Allah the most Sublime has informed us about himself in His book which is the Quran, so also on the tongue of His Messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam. The Quran and sunnah are filled with names and attributes of Allah the Most High, unfortunately, most Muslims of today have learnt and perfected everything except the names and attributes of their creator.

I was once on this forum and a non Muslim ranted: "love is one of the names of our God, tell me what name your God has" SubhanaLLaah! Many Muslims wouldn't be able to confront such a flimsy challenge. This is a great misfortune and disappointment.

Because of this, I've decided to write a treatise on this great but ignored issue hoping to get the reward of my Lord, Creator, Provider and Sustainer in this world and the hereafter.

My methodology in this post is that I'll mention some of the principles of the scholars of the ummah -past and present- in understanding and dealing with the verses and narrations regarding the names and attributes of Allah. Then I'll give a downpour of verses and narrations that have contain some of the names and attributes of Allah.

So I say seeking help with non but my Sustainer Allah:

# The belief in the names and attributes of Allah is a basic requirement for being a believer. Disbelief in this aspect is disbelief in Allah

#We affirm for Allah only what He has affirmed for Himself so also what His messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam has affirmed for Him. Therefore, any name which Allah has not given Himself in the Quran or sunnah is to be shunned eg calling Him 'father' or calling him 'the cause' and many similar deviations.

# We do not interpolate the names and attributes of Allah in any way.
Likening the Attribute of Allah to any of His creatures is a type of interpolation that must be shunned.
Trying to give texts other meanings from their apparent meaning without any evidence for this interpretation is also a type of interpolation that must be shunned.

#Lastly but not the least, we must believe that the names and attributes of Allah are the best of names the most beautiful of names. One of the implications of this belief is that we believe that every name of Allah has a meaning because the meaning of a name is part of its beauty.

#Some names of Allah have more than one meaning.

These are just a few of the several principles in understanding the names of Allah.

Now to the second part.. . Verses and narrations containing names and attributes of Allah.

(1) (Reply)

Look Out For Ramadan Crescent On Friday! Sultan Urges Muslims. / Introduction To The Glorious Qur’an By Baba Ali Mustapha / Sultan declares end to Ramadan, Sunday Eid-el-Fitr Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.