Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

What To Force Down And Not Food Price - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Force Down And Not Food Price (439 Views)

Nigerian Air Force Officer Killed In Ghastly Car Accident. Graphic Pics / Practice Nigerian Air Force (NAF) DSSC Past Questions And Answers (updated) / Drought Drives Food Price Spike In East Africa, UN Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Force Down And Not Food Price by greenhope(m): 8:44am On Feb 03, 2017
I was expecting government to setup a task force to check the killing of farmers and destruction of their crops by directly their cattles to eat up this crops which has led to most farms closing up because of fear and also lack of access to funding but what I see is setting up of task force made up of ministers in Abuja that have never seen a farm to now go and force down prices of food. I think they should start with forcing down the price of diesel used by tractors on farm and all processing machinery since there is no power,

Force down the price of seedlings, force down the cost of herbicides and insecticides,

Force down the cost of transporting food items, force down the cost of trucks for moving farm produce which has increased by 200%,

Force down and kick out the idea of land for cattle grazing and give farmers access to more land,

Force down the price of fertilizer, force down the high cost of taking loans for agricultural purpose,

Force down the the price of fish meal and feed, force down the cost of farm tools,

Force down the price of machinery used for value addition by removing import duties on all agricultural inputs and finally setup value chain addition center in all states where farmers can take their raw materials to for more value addition and revenue .

In the absence of this, this is another political gimmick to scam and score sensational and fast cheap goals. But come to think of it, I can't believe that a constituted authority can reduce to the level of directly reducing the price of food in the market, instead of cost of production.

Lastly and the truth, The real rise in the price of food has not started if all the recommendations I have made here is not acted on and know that the thousand of people in idp camps are farmers who flee from their communities and farms. The floor is open for common sense to solving this multi headed hydra challenge maybe someone among the task force will stumble over this and stand on it.
I love my people and hunger and starvation is the greatest weapon of mass destruction on earth. So let produce enough of what we eat. Andy Ochumba

(1) (Reply)

Email Alert: Nairaland Marketing (photos) / Oya Crack You Brain O... / Buhari Undergoes Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.