Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates (2175 Views)

Foreign Trained Graduates Meet Up-here / NYSC - Foreign Trained Graduates Requirements / Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates by UgoJnr: 3:25am On Dec 03, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of applying for NYSC 2010 and have been gathering information together.  It occurred to me earlier today that there might be other folks like me who need the same information that I have and so I decided to place everything I find here on Nairaland.

So here goes:
1. Batch A of NYSC 2010 is purported to begin sometime in late February.

2. All Foreign-trained graduates should be in Abuja at least 2 weeks before the start of NYSC (to be on the safe side, make it 1 month before).

3. All Foreign-Trained graduates should report to NYSC headquarters in Maitama, Abuja:
[list]
[li] WAEC Certificate – They prefer the official waec- issued certificate, but this is only available five years after you take the exam. So if you don’t have it, just bring along your statement of results issued by your secondary school.[/li]
[li] University transcript[/li]
[li] University diploma [/li]
[li] Birth Certificate [/li]
[li] Nigerian Passport with the "seen on arrival" stamp[/li]
[li] 15-25 passpost photographs (The official number you need is 2 but have been told that you need to have at least 20 on you for camp registration)[/li]
[/list]

4). If you go here http://www.nysc.gov.ng/forignnysc.php, you are told that we foreign-trained graduates DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE OF WHERE WE WILL SERVE.  Now, I don't know how true this is because I have been told that:
[list]
[li] We have the option of Lagos or Abuja [/li]
and
[li]That we have no options and will have to "work" it if we desire either Lagos or Abuja. [/li]
[/list]

*PLEASE POST CLARIFICATION ON THIS ,  if you know FOR SURE*

I will be back with updates as I get more information.

Thanks for reading and PLEASE LET US BE CONSTRUCTIVE and ENCOURAGING in our replies.
Re: Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates by MissG(f): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
Hi

I missed the registration for batch A and was wondering when the next batch is. Thanks
Re: Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates by UgoJnr: 5:56am On Jan 21, 2010
I am not sure when the next batch is. I actually missed the deadline myself (it was Jan 8/9th) but I still plan on going back in Feb , I pray I can still register.

I will post details here as I find out more information.
Re: Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates by MissG(f): 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
Thanks
Re: Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates by Pookiepie: 11:56pm On May 23, 2010
Any knowledge about nysc batch c 2010? When do foreign graduates need to register?
Re: Nysc 2010: Resource For Foreign-trained Graduates by Laughter1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ Ugojnr

Interesting Topic. I am also a foreign trained Nigerian graduate too and also looking foward to get NYSC out of the way. I believe there's a batch C this year though its not yet on the nysc website. I know I would haveto go to Abuja for registration and to pick up call up letter. But my concern is the same thing you have expressed here. what was the situation when you got to Abuja?, Did you have a choice of picking where you want to serve or they just placed you somewhere randomly? pls let me know!

Many Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Corper For Employnment / Nysc Posting: Pls How Do I Get To Ebonyi Frm Lagos By Air / GIS And Remote Sensing Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.