Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,307 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

2face Protest: Akwa Ibom Group Holds Parallel Protest Against Buhari - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2face Protest: Akwa Ibom Group Holds Parallel Protest Against Buhari (464 Views)

NASA Scientists Detect Evidence Of Parallel Universe Where Time Runs Backwards / Man Holds Cigarette & Smokes With His Leg, Removes His Cap With His Leg (Photos) / Police Vow To Stop 2face’s Protest Against Buhari's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2face Protest: Akwa Ibom Group Holds Parallel Protest Against Buhari by domesifa(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2017
OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE ON THE PROPOSED FEBRUARY 6TH NATION - WIDE PROTEST.

We receive with absolute humility and sense of responsibility, the massive and encouraging responses to my widely circulated resolution to join and coordinator patriotic, nationalistic and well-meaning Akwa Ibom people for the Nation - wide protest against the harsh economic policies of President Muhhamadu Buhari, due to hold on Monday, 6th February, 2017.

The protest which was earlier proposed for sunday, 5TH February, 2017 has now been shifted to Monday, 6th February, 2017. The adjustment was done to accommodate more Nigerians, whom for religious involvement, were not properly disposed to participating in this long overdue exercise.

Let me solemnly affirm and declare that that my involvement in this exercise is absolutely non-partisan. I am not motivated by any political party neither have I accepted the involvement and sponsorship of any politician, government, affiliates and agencies. My involvement is genuine, sacrificial and honest. Nigerian people are in an all-time bad economic sit since our independence and we have the right to speak up.

Section 39 of the Nigerian Constitution gives every Nigerian the right of expression, section 40 gives us the right to associate and assemble while section 41 gives us the right to movement.

Apparently, the 6th of February's nation - wide protest becomes constitutional and legal under the aforementioned sections of the Nigerian Constitution. The protest is to enable us assemble, move and express freely.

The Commissioner of Police for Akwa Ibom State has been properly written and notified by our lawyer and we can therefore affirm that our safety is guaranteed.

We have under-taken to our various security agencies to ensure a peaceful and non-violent demonstration.

In a bid to forestall the possibility of the protest being hijacked by hoodlums and unscrupulous persons, we are compiling and keeping a database of every person demonstrating with us.We encourage interested persons to reach us with their phone numbers and names by text message, private Facebook message and through WhatsApp.This is to enable us ascertain those whom we are responsible to and can defend.

We are coordinating at various levels and this protest is opened to all Nigerians who are up to the age of 18 regardless of their status, profession, religion, tribe and background.

We have also created group social media platforms for the benefit of information that we can not publicly display. To be entitled to such information especially on our strategies and modalities, imply that you have to be added to any of this platforms. We therefore enphasize that interested persons should send us their names and phone numbers.

On the whole, this protest will hold on Monday, 6th February, 2017 by 12:00 noon.The point of convergence is at Ibom plaza.

We are thankful for your massive support and encouragements so far even as we continue to solicit for more. However, we continue to insist that support must be non-partisan.

We are specifically thankful to Media organizations and persons such as Channels Television, Planet fm, The mail newspaper, Courage Mbon, Ifreke Nseowo-Connoisseur, Osondu Ahirika etc, for their sacrificial and unflinching commitment to this course. I am confident that together we shall prevail. We are on the right side of history.

Thank you.

Endiong John,
Founder, Responsible Citizens of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2face Protest: Akwa Ibom Group Holds Parallel Protest Against Buhari by YNWA1: 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hmm, any plane carrying protest logo these days flies. Therefore, I'm boarding this plane ASAP
Re: 2face Protest: Akwa Ibom Group Holds Parallel Protest Against Buhari by just2simple: 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
tongue This is a bold-right step in a right direction. well done 2face for ur sacritices in this way kiss

(1) (Reply)

Birthday / Man Whose Wife Gave Birth To Goat Say He Will Sue Nigerian Bloggers To Court / My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.