Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets (24713 Views)

How To Make Spicy Isi Ewu: Spiced Goat Head Recipe / 'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Flexherbal(m): 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
Cool !
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Emodeee: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Olubukola16:

Hahahahahaha........ I dey laugh in Ogbomoso language cheesy.

how them dey laugh in ogbomosho language?cheesy. oya teach me.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by VickyRotex(f): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Shikena:
Serve with Dodo and Broccoli and top up with your favorite juice/wine - heavenly bliss kiss

Chaiii. You sabi better thing. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Tynasparks(f): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Somebody cannot come to this food section and leave without salivating embarassed
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by lilyheaven: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
GoodyOG:
i smell something fishy...

ehhh,before i forget...which kind of protest are u guys organising....a national orotest that is meant for only lagos....

this is why i dont support all this graa graa tins....here is ebonyi state the only plave i am hearing about the protest is here on NAIRALAND.....

U people leave me no choice but to say
#ISTANDWITHBUHARI.....

no offense ment
I Wonder,
Only Lagos and Abuja is the only city in Nigeria?
But don't stand with Buhari, just stand on your own.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by EmekaBlue(m): 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
chicken nuggets r dope
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Daddybright1986(m): 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
VastFinder:
This started as a craving for some McDonalds chicken nuggets. I would have just bought some but the God of self-control is alive and well.

I can’t indulge too much in deep fried stuff (except Buns and Scotched egg because they are life and I would always fall for them).

I wanted some heat in this chicken but I also wanted my Relatives to be able to enjoy it. I introduced most of the heat into the breading instead of the chicken itself. I used my signature *** in order to keep the chicken pieces moist and busting with flavors.

This is one recipe you want to try, it will be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins

Ingredients
For The chicken

*. 6 pieces boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 3 breasts) – Cut into bite size pieces
*. 1 maggi cube
*. ½ teaspoon salt
*. ½ teaspoon ginger powder
*. 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
*. 2 garlic cloves (minced) breading
*. ½ - 1 cup panko or bread crumbs or crushed crushed plain cornflakes
*. ½ teaspoon salt

Other Ingredients
*. 1 tablespoon suya spice
*. ½ cup flour
*. 2 large eggs
*. 2 tablespoons VERY cold butter – cut into small chunks

Directions
*. Combine all chicken ingredients.
Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.

*. Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside. Preheat oven to 400F
*. In a large bowl, toss together all breading ingredients. Set aside
*. Add flour to a bowl, mix in suya spice - set aside
*. Crack and beat eggs in another bowl, set aside
*. A couple pieces at a time, generously coat chicken pieces in flour then toss into egg mix and finally into breading.
*. Shake off any loose coating and place on lined oven tray. Repeat until all the pieces are breaded.
*. Top breaded chicken with butter chunks and bake for 15- 20 minutes
*. Broil for an additional 5 minutes

Serve and enjoy!!

Great recipe isn't it?

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/how-to-prepare-suya-spiced-chicken.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, dominique, Obinoscopy, MissyB3, yme1, AmakaOne
wow very nice
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
No recession for Una side?
We bless God.

Op any recipe wey fit involve rat and lizard?
The way recession is going for some areas and the way men dey eye those animals....den fit be the next menu o

#i stand with tuface....at home.

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Olubukola16(f): 6:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
Emodeee:

how them dey laugh in ogbomosho language?cheesy. oya teach me.
U sure say u fit learn am grin.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by NubianX: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b] McDonald's or McDowell's...Be informed pleaaaaaaaase. There can be nothing called "Suya spiced Chicken". Suya is a form of charcoal grilled mutton or beef delicacy prepared with a special suya spice called "kayan kanshi" or simply "yaji", onions, groundnuts oil and sometimes garlic. It is the meat delicacy that goes by the qualification SUYA and not the spice please!

And a chicken prepared that way is called "Gashi" (pronounced: ghasshiy)

Enough of the various 'cooked meats', actually craps sold to Nigerians in diaspora (who definitely miss the real deal) in the name of Suya.

Hope this helps op!!!

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by VickyRotex(f): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
Op say na God of self-control is alive and well. cheesy cheesy

I can relate jare. There are times I'd want to enter a place like McDonald and my mind will be calculating tinini tanana. That why should I spend on this, when I can make it at home.

Self-control is really important. Nice one Op! cool
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by smrtblg(m): 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
Have you seen an MLM that pays 200% in 48hrs? If you are on telegram, send me a mail and I will forward it to you.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by dessz(m): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
ehmmm wetin b chicken nuggets. I only know EBA and soup. undecided
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by MARYchiells(f): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
Abdulazeez007:

sure, open your mouth with your eyes closed!

Abdul, how can I trust you?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Emodeee: 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2017
Olubukola16:

U sure say u fit learn am grin.

yes na. even the suya spiced chicken nuggets sef , we go practice am together for my kitchencheesy
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by zhiggy1(m): 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2017
Where can I get suya spice?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by VastFinder: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by africanusvu(m): 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Bros! abeg what nigerians need now is the 'MEAL' not the 'RECIPE
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by VastFinder: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
zhiggy1:
Where can I get suya spice?

Make other by dropping your comment here..
https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/how-to-prepare-suya-spiced-chicken.html
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by zhiggy1(m): 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
VastFinder:

Make other by dropping your comment here..
https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/how-to-prepare-suya-spiced-chicken.html

You posted the recipe on nairaland, why direct me to your blog...
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Olubukola16(f): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2017
Emodeee:

yes na. even the suya spiced chicken nuggets sef , we go practice am together for my kitchencheesy

Stop dreaming bro! Wake up!!!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by MrBONE2(m): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
VastFinder:
This started as a craving for some McDonalds chicken nuggets. I would have just bought some but the God of self-control is alive and well.

I can’t indulge too much in deep fried stuff (except Buns and Scotched egg because they are life and I would always fall for them).

I wanted some heat in this chicken but I also wanted my Relatives to be able to enjoy it. I introduced most of the heat into the breading instead of the chicken itself. I used my signature *** in order to keep the chicken pieces moist and busting with flavors.

This is one recipe you want to try, it will be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins

Ingredients
For The chicken

*. 6 pieces boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 3 breasts) – Cut into bite size pieces
*. 1 maggi cube
*. ½ teaspoon salt
*. ½ teaspoon ginger powder
*. 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
*. 2 garlic cloves (minced) breading
*. ½ - 1 cup panko or bread crumbs or crushed crushed plain cornflakes
*. ½ teaspoon salt

Other Ingredients
*. 1 tablespoon suya spice
*. ½ cup flour
*. 2 large eggs
*. 2 tablespoons VERY cold butter – cut into small chunks

Directions
*. Combine all chicken ingredients.
Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.

*. Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside. Preheat oven to 400F
*. In a large bowl, toss together all breading ingredients. Set aside
*. Add flour to a bowl, mix in suya spice - set aside
*. Crack and beat eggs in another bowl, set aside
*. A couple pieces at a time, generously coat chicken pieces in flour then toss into egg mix and finally into breading.
*. Shake off any loose coating and place on lined oven tray. Repeat until all the pieces are breaded.
*. Top breaded chicken with butter chunks and bake for 15- 20 minutes
*. Broil for an additional 5 minutes

Serve and enjoy!!

Great recipe isn't it?

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/02/how-to-prepare-suya-spiced-chicken.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44, dominique, Obinoscopy, MissyB3, yme1, AmakaOne
Ayam hungrygrin
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by AlphaStyles(m): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
any Recipe on toasting a Nigerian girl?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Noble11(m): 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
Please anyone knows how I can make the suya spice?
Am not in Nigeria and I don't know where to get it around here,so I want to make it myself.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by dingbang(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
The lady DAT will prepare this for me I shall marry!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Abdulazeez007(m): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
MARYchiells:

Abdul, how can I trust you?
just hope and have faith.

but dont bother the time is far spent.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Will try this out to tomorrow .. just dunno where to get the suya mix

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many MUDU Are There In A PAINT Bucket / Pls How Do I Use My Gas Cooker Oven / Home Made Bread Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.