Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? (3025 Views)

Skulary Like Twitter, Nairaland Like Reddit / Any Question And Answer Site Like Quora In Nigeria / Any Website Like Quora In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by hayPizzle(m): 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hy nairalanders.

Am thinking of creating a website like quora where people will ask questions and answers will be provided by other users,but am limiting to Nigerians alone

...plz what do u think? Does it worth it? Can it survive ,plz I need ur suggestions.
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by first001: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
yes

1 Like

Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by hayPizzle(m): 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
first001:
yes
ok
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by Jose213(m): 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
hayPizzle:
Hy nairalanders.

Am thinking of creating a website like quora where people will ask questions and answers will be provided by other users,but am limiting to Nigerians alone

...plz what do u think? Does it worth it? Can it survive ,plz I need ur suggestions.

The idea is good but making it is a nightmare.

your enemies not only include nairaland but also facebook,reddit and all the major forums you can think of.
its not a pretty business....its really really tough.,
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by hayPizzle(m): 7:03am On Feb 04, 2017
Jose213:

The idea is good but making it is a nightmare.

your enemies not only include nairaland but also facebook,reddit and all the major forums you can think of.
its not a pretty business....its really really tough.,
yea bro... I also observed this,,,buh am limiting it to Nigerians alone..... My realest problem is Nairaland!!!! Abi make I kuku drop the idea? And also I think nairaland is quite boring these days,,,,or what do u tink?
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by Interesting15: 8:09am On Feb 04, 2017
hayPizzle:
yea bro... I also observed this,,,buh am limiting it to Nigerians alone..... My realest problem is Nairaland!!!! Abi make I kuku drop the idea? And also I think nairaland is quite boring these days,,,,or what do u tink?
Well, with the things I've seen in life so far (particularly as it concerns dreams and goals) I'm trying to erase the word 'impossible' from my life's dictionary.

So you can go for it.

But, have something else you are doing that is fetching you money, because this can be a long-term stuff (maybe until 10 years + that you'll begin seeing results)

But most especially, make it unique.

I won't mind giving you other tips though.
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by hayPizzle(m): 9:06am On Feb 04, 2017
Interesting15:

Well, with the things I've seen in life so far (particularly as it concerns dreams and goals) I'm trying to erase the word 'impossible' from my life's dictionary.

So you can go for it.

But, have something else you are doing that is fetching you money, because this can be a long-term stuff (maybe until 10 years + that you'll begin seeing results)

But most especially, make it unique.

I won't mind giving you other tips though.
tnx...I agree with u,,,,buh am a student nd my only source of income is my parent,,my plan is to work on it and by 2-3yrs,I should be seeing positive results.....my problem is nairaland,hope it won't kill it ?
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by pauljumbo: 9:14am On Feb 04, 2017
yes its a good idea you only work hard in the beginning users will build the site for you with good content
you can get inspiration from this sites

http://askmeghana.com a friend of mine own this one in Ghana
https://ask.naij.com/ for Nigerians

hayPizzle:
Hy nairalanders.

Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by Interesting15: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2017
hayPizzle:
tnx...I agree with u,,,,buh am a student nd my only source of income is my parent,,my plan is to work on it and by 2-3yrs,I should be seeing positive results.....my problem is nairaland,hope it won't kill it ?
Nairaland would sure make attempt to kill it.

If you want to begin seeing results by 2-3 years, then get ready to spend big.
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by pauljumbo: 1:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
is only you that can kill it not nairaland
nairaland will even make the site grow faster if you are strategic

hayPizzle:

5 Likes

Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by Jose213(m): 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
hayPizzle:

yeap..i would also lean towards quora over nairaland....i can take hours on quora but not so much time on nairaland....because of cheap spam here.
check on everything lacking here and and don't get afraid to test out new ideas on the site.

2 Likes

Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by ps3o(m): 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
hayPizzle:
Hy nairalanders.

the only limit you is your fear. I have a client whom i developed a forum for. he had a vision that it would span the time he had. though two months when he started, there was little or no result. just under a year,his site can boast of 10000 users. the key is CONSISTENCY with FAITH. don't forget that the project will cost u time, money and people to keep your hope alive
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
ps3o:

the only limit you is your fear. I have a client whom i developed a forum for. he had a vision that it would span the time he had. though two months when he started, there was little or no result. just under a year,his site can boast of 10000 users. the key is CONSISTENCY with FAITH. don't forget that the project will cost u time, money and people to keep your hope alive
tnx for the tip sir... But I don't have much to spend sir,am still a student,I just wanna build this so that by the time I leave school,it would have hit a jackpot by then,... Since there is no such site in nigeria and our dear nairaland is getting boring day by day.... I also plan on rewarding users who answer questions correctly so as to enable the site gain ground..... Am doing all these to see how feasible the idea is. Tnx.

Cc.

Jose213

Pauljumbo

Mokoshalb

Interesting15

Gidimasters

And others...plz come in
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by mokoshalb(m): 9:48am On Feb 05, 2017
remiproxy:
tnx for the tip sir... But I don't have much to spend sir,am still a student,I just wanna build this so that by the time I leave school,it would have hit a jackpot by then,... Since there is no such site in nigeria and our dear nairaland is getting boring day by day.... I also plan on rewarding users who answer questions correctly so as to enable the site gain ground..... Am doing all these to see how feasible the idea is. Tnx.

Cc.
Mokoshalb
A good idea, student..? oops thats a glitch!
the point is money and time!, if you have those, but form what you said, you can easily build it now, and let it grow wlowly till you finish school, then you go fully into it...
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 05, 2017
mokoshalb:
A good idea, student..? oops thats a glitch!
the point is money and time!, if you have those, but form what you said, you can easily build it now, and let it grow wlowly till you finish school, then you go fully into it...
tnx for the tip boss.....
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by ps3o(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
remiproxy:

Cc.

Jose213

Pauljumbo

Mokoshalb

Interesting15

Gidimasters

And others...plz come in

u r most welcome!
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by urahara(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
ps3o:

How much money are we talking about to build such a site ?
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by yung6ixxxxxx(m): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Being as i was working on this idea last year(i even finished building d website,but i never launched it,i called it ngask.com),i think i can advice u,first u hav to get your first user base using ur close friends,encourage them to ask questions and answer them,keep the website busy,then begin advertising(with money,not too much but enough),as long as it helps people get answers to questions,they will use it.......to guide you further,there is a free script you can use,its very impressive,i used it for ngask(question2answer.org),if u are not a php programmer,u might find it a little bit difficult,but i can help you,it will cost u tho(just small sha)....u can whatsapp me 08187798385...
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by ps3o(m): 2:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
urahara:

How much money are we talking about to build such a site ?
It ranges from 85k and above
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by urahara(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
ps3o:

It ranges from 85k and above

What of a site like www.ogbongeblog.com
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by mcqwerty(m): 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
A Q & A site in Nigeria has a chance if you have these:

1. The tech skills to build and manage it;

2. The right money/budget for marketing;

3. A creative and skillful team to drive the enterprise.

This inherently does not make you succeed automatically but it will increase your chances.

As a student, this might be tough for you. Its better you wait for an ideal period.

But if you do not mind being perceived as a hobbyist, well its worth a shot but do not plan on making money at first but focus on growing user base.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by airsaylongcon: 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
yung6ixxxxxx:
Being as i was working on this idea last year(i even finished building d website,but i never launched it,i called it ngask.com),i think i can advice u,first u hav to get your first user base using ur close friends,encourage them to ask questions and answer them,keep the website busy,then begin advertising(with money,not too much but enough),as long as it helps people get answers to questions,they will use it.......to guide you further,there is a free script you can use,its very impressive,i used it for ngask(question2answer.org),if u are not a php programmer,u might find it a little bit difficult,but i can help you,it will cost u tho(just small sha)....u can whatsapp me 08187798385...

There's also OSQA (Open Source Question and Answer)
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
tnx everybody for your contributions
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by ps3o(m): 1:32am On Apr 06, 2018
urahara:

What of a site like www.ogbongeblog.com

It ranges from 35k and above depending on professionalism
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by kennisblog: 12:07am On Jul 19, 2018
Good day everyone, I am pleading to get your support.
I built this online forum called "Every Knows" just like Quora, Every Knows is a Q&A community where people ask a vast number of questions and get amazing answers from our matured and cultured members who specializes in one field or another.
I need your support and opinions on what to do more (focus more) and how to make this platform successful and also help in identifying where things got wrong.
Visit https://everyknows.com I'm looking forward for a favorable reply. Thanks in advance.
Re: Building A Site Like Quora In Nigeria,how Profitable? by six33fourng: 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2023
Six 33 Four NG (questions and answer platform) is a community forum, built to share and acquire knowledge. It is a community of students, professionals and people asking daily questions they need. Ask Questions, Get Answers. Visit - https://six33four.ng/blog/questions

(1) (Reply)

What Internet Webmaster Certification Can Make You Become / Nairaland Redesign / Tips On Writing Original And Viral Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.