Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest (2288 Views)

Happy Father's Day To All Roman Catholic Church Fathers / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 04, 2017
The autobiography of a Roman Catholic priest, Idris Tawfiq, who became a Muslim about 15 years ago, has emerged online.

Tawfiq was reported to have died after a period of illness on February 3, 2016 in the United Kingdom, UK but before his death, he had written his experience on how he converted to the ‘religion of peace.’

Although the reason for releasing this on the same day, one year after he died cannot be ascertained, ‘AboutIslam’ is reporting that until his death, he as head of religious education in different schools
in the UK for several years.
Read his story below:

“I enjoyed being a priest helping the people for some years. However, deep inside I was not happy and I felt that there was something not right.
“Fortunately, and it is God’s will, some events and
coincidences in my life led me to Islam. I used to
think of Egypt as a country of Pyramids, camels,
sand and palm trees. I actually took a charter flight
to Hurghada.

“Shocked to find it similar to some European
beaches, I took the first bus to Cairo where I spent
the most wonderful week in my life. This was my
first introduction to Muslims and Islam. I noticed
how Egyptians are such gentle, sweet people, but
also very strong.

“Like all Britons, my knowledge about Muslims up to that time didn’t exceed what I heard from the TV about bombers and fighters, which gave the impression that Islam is a religion of troubles. However, getting into Cairo I discovered how beautiful this religion is.

“Very simple people selling goods on the street would abandon their trade and direct their face to Allah and pray the moment they heard the call to prayer from the mosque. “They have a strong faith in the presence and will of Allah. They pray, fast, help the needy and dream to have a trip to Makkah with the hope of living in heaven in the hereafter.

“On my return I resumed my old job of teaching religion. The only compulsory subject in British education is Religious Studies. I was teaching about Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and others.

“So every day I had to read about these religions to be able to teach my lessons to the students, many of whom were Arab Muslim refugees. In other words, teaching about Islam taught me many things.

“Unlike many troublesome teenagers, these students set a good example of what a Muslim could be. They were polite and kind. So a friendship developed between us and they asked if they could use my classroom for prayers during the fasting month of Ramadan.

“Luckily, my room was the only one with a carpet. So I got accustomed to sitting at the back, watching them praying for a month. I sought to encourage them by fasting during Ramadan with them, even though I wasn’t yet a Muslim.

“One day I headed to the biggest Mosque in London, to hear more about this religion. Getting into London Central Mosque, there was Yusuf Islam, the former pop singer, sitting in a circle talking to some people about Islam. After a while, I found myself asking him” ‘What do you actually do to become a Muslim?’

“He answered that a Muslim should believe in one God, pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan. I interrupted him saying that I believed.all this and had even fasted during Ramadan. So he asked:

‘What are you waiting for? What is holding you back?’ I said: ‘No, I don’t intend to convert.’

“At that moment the call to prayer was made and everyone got ready and stood in lines to pray. I sat at the back, and I cried and cried. Then I said to myself: Who am I trying to fool? After they ended their prayers, I headed to Yusuf Islam, asking him to teach me the words by which I announce my conversion.

“After explaining its meanings to me in English, I recited after him in Arabic that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, I couldn’t hold back my tears.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/03/converted-islam-roman-catholic-priest/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2017
He was a religious man.He didn't understand beyond religion.

Christianity is not a religion.It's a fellowship with the Father,through Jesus Christ.How can you have a fellowship with the Father and turn back?Peter said to Jesus,'to whom shall we go'?Where else is there to go?
No religion can offer fellowship.At best, religious people pray to God Who is far off in heaven.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by JChris01: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2017
If you like convert to Sango worship.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by redcliff: 8:58am On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:

Christianity is not a religion.It's a fellowship with the Father,through Jesus Christ.How can you have a fellowship with the Father and turn back?Peter said to Jesus,'to whom shall we go'?Where else is there to go?
No religion can offer fellowship.At best, religious people pray to God Who is far off in heaven.

Thread closed!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by tukdi: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2017
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by obafemee80(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2017
“And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky.” [Al-An’aam, 6:125]

“He whom Allah guides, is rightly guided; but he whom He sends astray, for him you will find no wali (guiding friend) to lead him (to the right Path).” [Kahf, 18:17]

“So whosoever accepts the guidance, it is only for his own self.” [Az-Zumar, 39:41]

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Auki: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:

Dont deceive yourselves.

Christianity is no longer monotheistic religion.

Right religion requires believing and worshipping God alone without partners like Sun, Moon, Jesus, Mary e.t.c

Jesus, including Abraham, Moses, Muhammad, Noah(Peace be upon them all) are human being sent by God. They are to be respected, obeyed but not worship.

Worship only One God.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 12:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:

Keeping deceiving yourselves.

Right religion requires believing and worshipping God alone without partners like Sun, Moon, Jesus, Mary e.t.c

Jesus, including Abraham, Moses, Muhammad, Noah(Peace be upon them all) are human being sent by God. They are to be respected, obeyed but not worship.

Worship only One God.
For there is One God and one mediator between God and mankind,the man Jesus Christ- 1 Timothy 2:5

You are the one being ignorant here and as long as you are ignorant,you will see others as deceiving themselves.
Did you see in the scripture I quoted above from the bible that there is only one God?Where did you get your 'no longer monotheistic' from?Did you see me speak about three Gods?Your ignorance just made you jump like a boyscout. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
obafemee80:
“And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky.” [Al-An’aam, 6:125]

“He whom Allah guides, is rightly guided; but he whom He sends astray, for him you will find no wali (guiding friend) to lead him (to the right Path).” [Kahf, 18:17]

“So whosoever accepts the guidance, it is only for his own self.” [Az-Zumar, 39:41]
Allah sends people astray?How can someone who expects others to know him send people who should know him astray.

Strange. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:
For there is One God and one mediator between God and mankind,the man Jesus Christ- 1 Timothy 2:5

You are the one being ignorant here and as long as you are ignorant,you will see others as deceiving themselves.
Did you see in the scripture I quoted above from the bible that there is only one God?Where did you get your 'no longer monotheistic' from?Did you see me speak about three Gods?Your ignorance just made you jump like a boyscout. undecided

What type of Christian are you? According to your own belief is Jesus God, son of God or Begotten son of God?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by TRIED4NOW: 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
ONE MORE SUICIDE BOMBER

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
FriendChoice:

What type of Christian are you? According to your own belief is Jesus God, son of God or Begotten son of God?
How many types of Christians do you know?
Jesus is the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:
How many types of Christians do you know?
Jesus is the Word of God.

Word of God means what? Be straightforward. As a Muslim I believe he is word from God also. So those that means he is God or begotten son of God?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
FriendChoice:

Word of God means what? Be straightforward. As a Muslim I believe he is word from God also. So those that means he is God or begotten son of God?
The quran says Jesus was not born of man but was born of the Word of the Almighty.The bible says He was(is) the Word become flesh.
The Spirit(Word=Spirit) that became Jesus is the Spirit of the Almighty.That tells Who Jesus is.
Every other thing has to do with the understanding of that.Whatever I say to you now can be accepted or rejected by you based on your understanding of the above.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by EazyMoh(m): 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
Ma sha Allah, may Allah grant his soul jannautul Firdaws.
The simple fact that upon all barrage of negative news propaganda and exaggerations Islam is still the fastest growing religion. Competing with Christianity in terms of number of practicing adherents, in the heart of the west.
Ask yourself what could be the cause?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by alBHAGDADI: 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:
Allah sends people astray?How can someone who expects others to know him send people who should know him astray.

Strange. lipsrsealed
The people he sends away are the ones who don't want to be terrorists

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:
The quran says Jesus was not born of man but was born of the Word of the Almighty.The bible says He was(is) the Word become flesh.
The Spirit(Word=Spirit) that became Jesus is the Spirit of the Almighty.That tells Who Jesus is.
Every other thing has to do with the understanding of that.Whatever I say to you now can be accepted or rejected by you based on your understanding of the abover.

Bye bye sir. It seems you cannot answer my question as simple as it is. You're not a proud Christian. I proud Christian can burst of Jesus is God or begotten son of God.

But since you try to involve Quran let me set it clear for you. Quran never says Jesus the son of Allah because he has no man father or he is word from God? Its always and everywhere Jesus the son of Maryam.

If having no man as father makes him God or Son of God. Then Adam was a greater God or greater begotten son of God.

Jesus is Just like Adam that is what Quran says. Being word from God does not means God. John is also word from God.

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. [Qur'an 3:59]

So the angels called him while he was standing in prayer in the chamber, "Indeed, Allah gives you good tidings of John, confirming a word from Allah and [who will be] honorable, abstaining [from women], and a prophet from among the righteous." [Quran 3:39]

"…O Mary! Behold, God gives you good news of a word from Him, who shall become known as the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary..." (Quran 3:45)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
FriendChoice:

Bye bye sir. It seems you cannot answer my question as simple as it is. You're not a proud Christian. I proud Christian can burst of Jesus is God or begotten son of God.

But since you try to involve Quran let me set it clear for you. Quran never says Jesus the son of Allah because he has no man father or he is word from God? Its always and everywhere Jesus the son of Maryam.

If having no man as father makes him God or Son of God. Then Adam was a greater God or greater begotten son of God.

Jesus is Just like Adam that is what Quran says. Being word from God does not means God. John is also word from God.

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. [Qur'an 3:59]

So the angels called him while he was standing in prayer in the chamber, "Indeed, Allah gives you good tidings of John, confirming a word from Allah and [who will be] honorable, abstaining [from women], and a prophet from among the righteous." [Quran 3:39]

"…O Mary! Behold, God gives you good news of a word from Him, who shall become known as the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary..." (Quran 3:45)
I answered your question simply but maybe you don't understand.If I'm not a proud Christian,I wouldn't be explaining things to you.

Yes the quran never said Jesus is the son of God.That's because Muhammed said or wrote the things he understood.Just like the encyclopaedia will have written something which may be different from what you have in an autobiography.It depends on who wrote what and what he or she understood.

Adam was created from the dust of the earth and God gave him breath,Jesus was not created from the dust but God put his Word(Spirit) in the womb of Mary.They are not the same.

By the way,if Jesus is the Messiah according to the quran,what or who's Messiah is he?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
EazyMoh:
Ma sha Allah, may Allah grant his soul jannautul Firdaws.
The simple fact that upon all barrage of negative news propaganda and exaggerations Islam is still the fastest growing religion. Competing with Christianity in terms of number of practicing adherents, in the heart of the west.
Ask yourself what could be the cause?
Islam is fast growing,terrorism and crime is also fast growing.
In heaven,it's not about quantity.................
You guys just don't get it!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Auki: 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
Answer the question, pls.

Who is Jesus to you?

A. God
B. Son of God
C. Partner to God(Trinity)
D. Human being and Prophet sent by God
E. None of the above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by plappville(f): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2017
Welcome to terrorism man. I pity your generation .. cry
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by plappville(f): 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:
Answer the question, pls.

Who is Jesus to you?

A. God
B. Son of God
C. Partner to God(Trinity)
D. Human being and Prophet sent by God
E. None of the above.

Go and sleep. You have nothing meaningful to say. Left for me alone these your repited garbage questions will be ignored. Its always a way to divert tread as usual.

Follow link and be exposed joor :

https://www.nairaland.com/3609375/paris-louvre-shooting-terror-attack
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by plappville(f): 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
The people he sends away are the ones who don't want to be terrorists

Breaking news here, Islamic terrorist in Paris again:

https://www.nairaland.com/3609375/paris-louvre-shooting-terror-attack
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by plappville(f): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:

Dont deceive yourselves.

Worship only One God.

Are you ignorant ou what? Allah is a moon god. Check history. And the satanic verse removed from the quran says allah is idol.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Auki: 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
plappville:
Welcome to terrorism man. I pity your generation .. cry

Why piety? You piety him because

He said only his creator is worthy of worship.

He believe that Jesus (peace upon him) is human being sent by the creator like Abraham, Mosses, Muhammad (peace on them)

He reject worship of God creatures, like Sun, Moon, Idols, Jesus etc.

#CONGRATULATE HIM NOT PIETY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by plappville(f): 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:

Why piety? You piety him because

He said only his creator is worthy of worship.

He believe that Jesus (peace upon him) is human being sent by the creator like Abraham, Mosses, Muhammad (peace on them)

He reject worship of God creatures, like Sun, Moon, Idols, Jesus etc.

#CONGRATULATE HIM NOT PIETY.

Indeed you are ignorant. Alla.h is a moon god. He is going to worship an idol. A blood socking idol. I pity him.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2017
thorpido:
I answered your question simply but maybe you don't understand.If I'm not a proud Christian,I wouldn't be explaining things to you.

Yes the quran never said Jesus is the son of God.That's because Muhammed said or wrote the things he understood.Just like the encyclopaedia will have written something which may be different from what you have in an autobiography.It depends on who wrote what and what he or she understood.

I think this is an insult to yourself concerning Quran that Muhammad wrote or said. There is not a single word of Prophet Muhammad in the Quran. It's complete pure word of God.

“Or do they say that he has invented it? Say (to them), ‘Bring ten invented chapters like it, and call (for help) on whomever you can besides God, if you are truthful.” [Quran 11:13]

Adam was created from the dust of the earth and God gave him breath,Jesus was not created from the dust but God put his Word(Spirit) in the womb of Mary. They are not the same. By the way,if Jesus is the Messiah according to the quran,what or who's Messiah is he?

Messiah means Christ. Anointer. He perform miracle with God permissions. As the Bible says

You men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the middle of you, as you yourselves also know: [Act 2:22]

And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.' [Quran 3:50]

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
FriendChoice:

I think this is an insult to yourself concerning Quran that Muhammad wrote or said. There is not a single word of Prophet Muhammad in the Quran. It's complete pure word of God.

“Or do they say that he has invented it? Say (to them), ‘Bring ten invented chapters like it, and call (for help) on whomever you can besides God, if you are truthful.” [Quran 11:13]

Messiah means Christ. Anointer. He perform miracle with God permissions. As the Bible says

You men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the middle of you, as you yourselves also know: [Act 2:22]

And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah. And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers.' [Quran 3:50]

Were there witnesses that God spoke to him @bolded.Were there witnesses that Angel Gabriel spoke words to him?
Abeg let's leave matter for Mathias.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
He must be on drugs
Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by aminusanti(m): 5:54am On Feb 05, 2017
A little bit sincerity is all dis unbelievers need to apply for them to see the light.. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam – Roman Catholic Priest by thorpido(m): 10:11am On Feb 05, 2017
aminusanti:
A little bit sincerity is all dis unbelievers need to apply for them to see the light.. grin
There are different lights-the light of the sun,the light of fire,the light of electric bulb and the light of a torch.
That was the true Light(Jesus),which lighteneth every man that commeth into the world-John 1:8
People who live in a village and have not experienced light from electricity cannot appreciate that light from a lantern or fire is not the best they can get.They think that's the best they can get.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

❤️❤️ There Is No Real Atheist Because / What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. / ISRAEL RESUME ATTACKS ON GAZA AFTER HAMAS REFUSES EXTENSION OF CEASE FIRE(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.