Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided (1313 Views)

Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Lauretta Onochie During Fuel Subsidy Protest In 2012 (Throwback Photos) / Patience Jonathan Spotted In A Happy Mood After Her Abuja House Was Raided. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by dunkem21(m): 12:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
obiageIi:

I will personally join the protest should the police or army attack any of the protesters, i spoke against it under gej, i will do same under buhari.

Ignore the empty heads above, all it takes is the report button but, that will be costing me feck that i don't have to give

Our security men are not professionals and mistakes of this nature happen. You might not really know the provocative statements some placards might carry against the government of the day ..

..Some might squeeze in IPOB banners ..

..Opposition will have a field day taunting the government ..(really I don't wanna give ideas)

..not forgetting miscreants ..

My prayer is that no life should be lost.
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by cleatoris: 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Most of the pained election losers otherwise known as IPOB miscreants, just bought phones immediately the Man Hate Became President.
How else does one expect a normal human being with workable cells in his brain, to be calling the most corrupt man in Nigeria-A man who supervised the unparalleled looting of our common patrimony..A Hero??
Current realities under Buhari has gone beyond who lost or won the 2015 election.

How much is the cost of a litre of kerosene? Can't the FG at least subsidise it for the common man that uses it for cooking?
I mean, must the poor always bear the brunt of Buhari's complacency and indifference towards economic issues?
Think outside the box.

3 Likes

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala and Seun we should be fair to both sides...thank you!
Thats my major problem with nairaland, fairness.
Thread showing Apc members in the 2012 rally have graced the frontpage, why has this one been ignored?

Create a thread of some random idio.t begging gej and watch it hit the front page, create one cursing gej and it never gets anywhere. Replace the names with buhari and watch the opposite happen
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
cleatoris:

Current realities under Buhari has gone beyond who lost or won the 2015 election.

How much is the cost of a litre of kerosene? Can't the FG at least subsidise it for the common man that uses it for cooking?
I mean, must the poor always bear the brunt of Buhari's complacency and indifference towards economic issues?
Think outside the box.
Maybe he is bearing the brunt of not building a refinery when we had the money to do so
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
U
obiageIi:

Thats my major problem with nairaland, fairness.
Thread showing Apc members in the 2012 rally have graced the frontpage, why has this one been ignored?

Create a thread of some random idio.t begging gej and watch it hit the front page, create one cursing gej and it never gets anywhere. Replace the names with buhari and watch the opposite happen

lalasticlala Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
obiageIi:
As we look forward to monday's protest, i thought we should look back at what happened in 2012.
I am really interested in how tgis government will handle this protest, i have always been worried about the actions of our security agencies under buhari, they seem to have lost their minds.

Now the recap

12 people killed
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/12-killed-as-subsidy-protests-turn-bloody/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi768vvnPbRAhXExFQKHZKLA_wQFggWMAg&usg=AFQjCNHxtrrTEPGiLCJh-aT64--JhVa0rw

Isn't hypocritical to post this now but allowed protest in 2012?.
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by obiageIi(f): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Isn't hypocritical to post this now but allowed protest in 2012?.
I cant see the hypocrisy
Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by SUBWAY101(m): 10:30am On Feb 05, 2017
True @ OP. One guy was killed around Ogba by one DPO, too many hypocrites on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Recap: 2012 Subsidy Protest, 12 Killed, Cnn Office Raided by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 05, 2017
obiageIi:

I cant see the hypocrisy
It's

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Governorship Election Tribunal Updates: Obaseki Defense Day 6 / Cross River Superhighway EIA Fails To Impress 3rd Time Out (must Read) / Hilarious Tweet About LAUTECH Comp Sci Graduate Who Couldn't Create Comp Folder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.