Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth (35545 Views)

Obituary Of Couple And 2 Kids Who Were Burnt To Death In Benue / Obituary Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Children Who Died In Accident (Photo) / Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by lozanni(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
RIP to the young lady.
All this stories of maternal deaths are quite upsetting; a comprehensive review of our healthcare system is needed.

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by VickyRotex(f): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Viccisimua:
REST IN PEACE DEAR MOTHER... I WAS LUCKY TO ESCAPE DEATH BUT LOST MA BABY YEARS AGO... STILL BELIEVING GOD FOR RESTORATION. UNFORTUNATELY SOCIETY HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW I BATTLED WITH DEATH... SAME PPLE THAT CALLED ME MAMA TWINS DURING PREGNANCY NOW CALL ME HORRIBLE NAMES... VERY WICKED WORLD.

Oh my world! I can imagine.

So Sorry about that! Don't yield to whatever they label you.
God will restore all the lost years in hundred folds. He will grant and perfect your heart desires. 2017 will surely not pass you by! Be Strong! kiss
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by StupidYorubaFool: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
Buhari be killing people anyhow.. R.i.p
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by passyhansome(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
webincomeplus:

Please don't draw conclusions yet. The poor state of our Healthcare system notwithstanding, managing pregnancy and preventing maternal mortality is one of the easiest things to achieve in this country.

But the truth is, many women (even the well educated ones) prefer to patronize traditional birth attendants or deliver their babies in churches and mosques for reasons best known to them.

You don't know where the lady in question died. So, find out before blaming maternal mortality on the system. I'm not saying she patronized the substandard outlets, but most women who lost their lives after childbirth trod that path. And in their cases, the government isn't to blame at all, because no matter how much of awareness the government does, whatever the pastor or Imam says still reigns supreme.

I am been pragmatic with my write up, I can name up to 10 maternity death incident around my vincinity and read some , I mean hospital Birth. But all the same
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by bluestone2015: 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
If she was not married, she might probably still be alive.
Give thanks to God whether you are married not. Do not allow people to lie to you that you will always be better off when married.
Many have died of marriage related issues. Not every woman is strong enough to shoulder the risk of child birth or the stress of raising children.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by juman(m): 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
Condolence to the family.

But the president of the country is treating himself abroad.

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by juman(m): 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
YhungPablo:
Rip.. my own mother also died of the same death during her last child birth .

Hmmmm.
Eeyah, sorry o.

nigeria never moved forward. Instead nigeria moving backward.
No sensible leaders to take the country to the modern stage.

1 Like

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by efavour: 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
webincomeplus:

Please don't draw conclusions yet. The poor state of our Healthcare system notwithstanding, managing pregnancy and preventing maternal mortality is one of the easiest things to achieve in this country.

But the truth is, many women (even the well educated ones) prefer to patronize traditional birth attendants or deliver their babies in churches and mosques for reasons best known to them.

You don't know where the lady in question died. So, find out before blaming maternal mortality on the system. I'm not saying she patronized the substandard outlets, but most women who lost their lives after childbirth trod that path. And in their cases, the government isn't to blame at all, because no matter how much of awareness the government does, whatever the pastor or Imam says still reigns supreme.
you're very right about some of these women and their family.
It nearly called close to home for me.
My stupid elder sister was pregnant,not her first. My younger sister woke up with tears one day that she dreamt she died while giving birth. My mum put a call to her and her equally stupid husband claiming pastor,she advised her to take her prenatal serious and never patronize all those birth attendant she has used in the past. And my mother continue praying thinking she covered all the bases,little did she know that my fake pastor in law convinced my sister to disregard my mother's advice. On the day of delivery, they still went to the birth attendant oh, the delivery was half way when the stupid birth attendant found out that the baby was breach. They patched and dressed her up onward to a hospital in their place. The local doctor there was kind enough to commence surgery immediately without asking for any deposit. It was midnight and village.no atm machine. That was how this Dr saved her and the baby. If it has happened while in Lagos, she would been a goner since. To even think she has used those birth attendant in Lagos and got away with it. I know for a fact that at least those ones has the common sense to ask for them to go for scan to know if it's something they can deal with. Some of these women kill themselves oh. My mother couldn't hold back tears when another lady was rushed at the same hospital from a birth attendant.this one died before the husband could get the blood the Dr demanded for surgery. I don't even understand ,cos if this hospital is within your reach while risk your life like that? And the Dr is not money hungry and he treats without deposit but collects all his money which wasn't even much. I mean he did emergency surgery for 50k and it was successful.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by elegantslayer(f): 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
Viccisimua:
REST IN PEACE DEAR MOTHER... I WAS LUCKY TO ESCAPE DEATH BUT LOST MA BABY YEARS AGO... STILL BELIEVING GOD FOR RESTORATION. UNFORTUNATELY SOCIETY HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW I BATTLED WITH DEATH... SAME PPLE THAT CALLED ME MAMA TWINS DURING PREGNANCY NOW CALL ME HORRIBLE NAMES... VERY WICKED WORLD.
Don't worry,its well.At least u proved to them DAT u not barren and fruitless,u are fruitful.Don't forget Hannah in d bible,use her as a point of contact when praying,u see dat name MAMA TWINS will bounce back,cos those who mock will celebrate wit u in Nine month time.Just pray and have Faith.Start buying your kids wear because your case is already settled.

2 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by 99foxxy(f): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
May her soul rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Ilovewetpussy(m): 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
Remain in paradise
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by ajuwarhodes(f): 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
Viccisimua:

It is well my sis,u shall concieve again,and bring forth like the Hebrew woman.the Almighty that gave me mine after years of searching and allowed my to carry mine,will give the grace to carry urs too!

2 Likes

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by ogtavia(m): 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
some of these deaths are very avoidable...but when you hear the reasons you will be appalled...chief among these reasons are neglect from husband,improper medical care,superstitious beliefs...if you have been to a labour room or theatre or you have someone who have laboured,you will get my point...some women labour till they have no strength...one of my friends told me her sister in law laboured for about three days before she had her baby..to me,..thats pure suicidal...so sad....May Heaven receive your soul young woman...
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by glossy6(f): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
RIP. now village people will be asking for their rights upandan
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by tete7000(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
I guess people now pay to advertise obituary on front page of nairaland, abi how this mournful event be news? RIP to the dead woman sha.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Charly68: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hmmm God ! Please help our women who conceive & deliver peaceably in Jesus name. Men take good care of your wives they are go through a lot during child birth. Rip to the beautiful mother.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by fairheven: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
we keep seeing R.I.P, but the major issues are never addressed which is that Nigeria has the highest rate of maternal
mortality rate in the world
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by mekybabe1: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
From the gist I heard, she bled to death cos her faith (Jehovah witness) doesn't allow blood transfusion.
mmsen:
Pretty girl.

RIP.

Nigerians still do not take maternal health (and healthcare in general) seriously enough.

If only all the attention that is wasted on religion was used for science and physical/mental welfare...
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by pennywys(m): 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Only the hymns sang there will give her perfect would enternal rest
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Glorygrace(f): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
Oh so sad.May God cause all pregnant women to deliver safely.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by preselect(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2017
nigerians still die of maternal mortality in this 21st century and buhari and co are yet to fix our hospitals. nigerians may not know it but at this time this kind of deaths can be reduced by 90%-95% if we have well equipped hospitals in nigeria.

yeye de smell
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by tolajay: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
Sad, another negative case of maternal mortality. God rest her soul.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by ufuosman(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
RIP
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Amhappy(f): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
webincomeplus:

True but even our hospitals are not to be trusted either. I gave birth in a federal teaching hospital last year and I almost lost my life courtesy of gross incompetence
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by emilyone(f): 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
Viccisimua:
cry cry
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by webincomeplus(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
passyhansome:

I am been pragmatic with my write up, I can name up to 10 maternity death incident around my vincinity and read some , I mean hospital Birth. But all the same
For every 10 you name, I can bet it that there are 50-100 cases that happened in non-hospital settings. I'm a final year medical student, and we've seen lots of cases where women in Labour are rushed down as a result of complications following non-hospital attempts at delivery.
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by StupidYorubaFool: 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
YhungPablo:
Rip.. my own mother also died of the same death during her last child birth .
sorry take heart. A very good friend also died recently of child birth.. She was so beautiful and got married not up to 9 months eh.

Amor na Timothy 2 vs 15 go keep my wife o
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by passyhansome(m): 9:58am On Feb 05, 2017
webincomeplus:

For every 10 you name, I can bet it that there are 50-100 cases that happened in non-hospital settings. I'm a final year medical student, and we've seen lots of cases where women in Labour are rushed down as a result of complications following non-hospital attempts at delivery.

Please don't come here to defend our decaying and dilapidated medical services and scheme in this country, the nation is full of incompetent, half baked medical personnels , I don't pray to undergo knife in my life in Jesus name, becos of Nigerian hospitals, coupled by negligence from our corrupt leaders, non payment of salary and areas, poor infrastructure, infact just very hospitals are good in Nigeria the rest are death traps. From my little knowledge Appendix operations is the simplest and easiest, but people still die from it in Nigeria. God help us
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by webincomeplus(m): 11:31am On Feb 05, 2017
passyhansome:

Please don't come here to defend our decaying and dilapidated medical services and scheme in this country, the nation is full of incompetent, half baked medical personnels , I don't pray to undergo knife in my life in Jesus name, becos of Nigerian hospitals, coupled by negligence from our corrupt leaders, non payment of salary and areas, poor infrastructure, infact just very hospitals are good in Nigeria the rest are death traps. From my little knowledge Appendix operations is the simplest and easiest, but people still die from it in Nigeria. God help us
You read another meaning entirely into my words. I stated clearly in my earlier comment that I'm not defending the crazy system. In fact it's not a system worth defending.

I only stated that the poor state of the system notwithstanding, pregnancy and delivery are not among the issues our health care system find difficult to handle well. And in most cases where complications arise, it's usually due to some quackery in non-hospital settings.

Agreed there are several health issues that seem to be beyond our very poor and substandard health care system, but definitely not pregnancy and Labour. Try to compare the number of accident victims who die as a result of lack of intensive care units and cancer patients who die as a result of paucity of effective management techniques, and you'll see that pregnancy and Labour are not major issues to handle.

If you still don't understand my stand, then you can just let it go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by Viccisimua: 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2019
Amen Sister God bless you�❤️
ajuwarhodes:

It is well my sis,u shall concieve again,and bring forth like the Hebrew woman.the Almighty that gave me mine after years of searching and allowed my to carry mine,will give the grace to carry urs too!
Re: Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth by comtem2011: 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
Viccisimua:
It's well with you sis. God will restore all that you have lost.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life In The 70's/80's Vs Present Day Life / Different Types Of Nigerian Mothers (MEME COLLECTION) / My Mom Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.