Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,553 members, 7,955,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

Kalu Wants ''calamity Yobo'' At Right-back - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kalu Wants ''calamity Yobo'' At Right-back (938 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Uche Kalu's Wife, Ada's Pregnancy Shoot / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kalu Wants ''calamity Yobo'' At Right-back by hollandis(f): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2009
I subscribe to his words.Amodu is busy going to synagogue

Source-http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2009120251740
Pillar of Sports in Nigeria, Dr. Uzor Kalu, has advised coach Shaibu Amodu to convert his central defender Joseph Yobo into a right-back.

Yobo, one of Everton‘s dependable defenders, has also consistently been on the wrong side of match reports and has often been dubbed ”Calamity Yobo” following some sloppy displays in the English Premier League.

Former Abia State Governor Kalu said through his Special Assistant, Media, Emeka Obasi, that he was a keen observer of the former Marseille defender‘s game,

“I have followed Yobo for a long time and I believe he is a wonderful right-back. The central defence is not really his place,” Kalu said.

“At the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup, it was Yobo‘s move that gave the Eagles their only goal of the tourney against Sweden in Kobe.

“He was moved to the right by Adegboye Onigbinde and his cross eventually found Julius Aghohowa who nodded in the ball.”
Re: Kalu Wants ''calamity Yobo'' At Right-back by semid4lyfe(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2009
Whether calamitous or not, he still the best player for the central defence position.
Re: Kalu Wants ''calamity Yobo'' At Right-back by chidichris(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2009
Whether calamitous or not, he still the best player for the central defence position.

i buy the idea of shifting yobo to the right back.
if you look at our 2002 world cup qualifiers, esepcially the game in portharcourt against liberia, yobo rendered george weah useless on the picth. then he was really operating from the right back.
yobo kills all moves from that side whenever he is played as the right back. we better use him in his best position and then look for other players to field in the central defence.
if amodu does not see a central defender in the over 150 million nigerians, it means he has no business being the coach of the super eagles.

(1) (Reply)

Osaze For Arsenal / Zimbabwe 0 Vs Brazil 3 / Lukman To Get Argentina Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.