Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House (1852 Views)

Who Should Pay Tithe? - Pastor Adeboye Makes Clarifications(read Full Details) / Bible Scholars Should Help Me Out With This Teachings. PLEASE. / Muslims And Christians , Pls I Need Some Clarifications (matured Minds Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
We all know God condemned the shedding of blood, while would He then sanction the shedding of blood of Jesus? Read Deut. 12: 29 - 32 with particular reference to verse 31. i am a religions student and i need clarification from anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by AntiWailer: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:
We all know God condemned the shedding of blood, while would He then sanction the shedding of blood of Jesus? Read Deut. 12: 29 - 32 with particular reference to verse 31. i am a religions student and i need clarification from anyone

Dear Kabiru,

The deep things of the spirit are not interpreted literarily. They are not things you cram and pour without the understanding of the deep meaning.

You don't have to accept or believe people's religion. Just respect it and stop asking f00lish questions.

There are lot of question you have not finished answering in your religion. Just face that and do the next generation a favour.

Jesus was the lamb of God. Lambs are used as sacrifice and atonement of sins..... Where do i start from ?

Can you see that the meaning has nothing to do with Reading and Memorizing a whole Book.

Regards.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

Dear Kabiru,

The deep things of the spirit are not interpreted literarily. They are not things you cram and pour without understanding of what it means.

You don't have to accept or believe people's religion. Just respect it and stop asking f00lish questions.

There are lot of question you have not finished answering in your religion. Just face it.

Regards.
my brother/sister,i told you i am religions student,300 level for that matter,once we see notice something unusual about a text,we have to make inquiry
if you dont know the answer to a certain question,you can simply overlook it instead of coming to disgrace yourself online
as per my religion,nothing is ambiguous about it to me,if something is not clear to you,ask with the mind that you want to learn not with a bais mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by AntiWailer: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:

my brother/sister,i told you i am religions student,300 level for that matter,once we see notice something unusual about a text,we have to make inquiry
if you dont know the answer to a certain question,you can simply overlook it instead of coming to disgrace yourself online
as per my religion,nothing is ambiguous about it to me,if something is not clear to you,ask with the mind that you want to learn not with a bais mind

Let us get this clear, I am neither your brother nor your sister.

I will advise you do something better with your life instead of being a 'religions' student. At 300 Level, you should write better than you do and I think that should be your priority.

On your question,

Jesus was the lamb of God. Lambs are used as sacrifice and atonement of sins..... Jesus was used as a sacrificial lamb for atonement of sins.

Where do i start from ?

Can you see that the meaning has nothing to do with Reading and Memorizing a whole Book. Like i said earlier, It is deep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by Auki: 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

I will advise you do something better with your life instead of being a 'religions' student. At 300 Level, you should write better than you do and I think that should be your priority.

On your question,

Jesus was the lamb of God. Lambs are used as sacrifice and atonement of sins..... Jesus was used as a sacrificial lamb for atonement of sins.

Where do i start from ?

Can you see that the meaning has nothing to do with Reading and Memorizing a whole Book. Like i said earlier, It is deep.

I was sad reading your two posts. Pls don't post further, be honest and admit you don't have answer.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by malvisguy212: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:
are you sure you are a religion student ? The people in Deut. 12:29 - 32 , they were sacrificing their sons and daughter to other gods, but in christianity, it is the other way round. The only good work needed to be done has already been done and dusted by God himself, christ dying for sinful men.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by AntiWailer: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:

I was sad reading your two posts. Pls don't post further, be honest and admit you don't have answer.

who cares if you are sad or not.

Do i look like i give a fk ?

what do i expect from you as a fanatic ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by Auki: 5:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

who cares if you are sad or not.

Do i look like i give a fk ?

Post in other thread but not here.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by Auki: 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
malvisguy212:
are you sure you are a religion student ? The people in Deut. 12:29 - 32 , they were sacrificing their sons and daughter to other gods, but in christianity, it is the other way round. The only good work needed to be done has already been done and dusted by God himself, christ dying for sinful men.

Blasphemy and a lie. Roman fairy tales and paganism.

Innocent Man dying for sinful world. God is Just not unjust.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by AntiWailer: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:

Post in other thread but not here.

I have engaged more fanatical guys with better knowledge than you do.

i have just outgrown wasting my life debating religion.

Just have it at the back of your mind that you know nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by malvisguy212: 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:

God is unjust to himself ?
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by twosquare(m): 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22). However, the text you quoted are folks who sacrificed their children to evil spirits..these things attract curses. All kinds of despicable things you cannot imagine. God sanctioned Jesus' death to purge the human race (atonement), put an end to the Adamic race and birth a new one, then finish off satan via a Man (Jesus) who obeyed Him totally.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
twosquare:
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22). However, the text you quoted are folks who sacrificed their children to evil spirits..these things attract curses. All kinds of despicable things you cannot imagine. God sanctioned Jesus' death to purge the human race (atonement), put an end to the Adamic race and birth a new one, then finish off satan via a Man (Jesus) who obeyed Him totally.
am a little bit confused ,while would god in his infinite mercy send someone to sacrifice himself for the adornment of peoples sin,why can god just forgive us all and give us a new life since he is all forgiven,now that u said jesus died for our sins,that was about 2000 yrs ago,now that we have fresh sins,will another person be sacrificed or what,or that single sacrifice is enough
it is like saying i sinned against god and god sent someone else to die for me,why cant he forgive me or even punish me,it doesnt make any sense

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

On your question,

Where do i start from ?

so jesus christ is a lamb now that was sacrificed,thats quiet funny bro,some said he is god,some said son of god,now you are saying a lamb.ok oo
am a little bit confused ,while would god in his infinite mercy send someone to sacrifice himself for the adornment of peoples sin,why can god just forgive us all and give us a new life since he is all forgiven,now that u said jesus died for our sins,that was about 2000 yrs ago,now that we have fresh sins,will another person be sacrificed or what,or that single sacrifice is enough
it is like saying i sinned against god and god sent someone else to die for me,why cant he forgive me or even punish me,it doesnt make any sense

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by jchioma: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:

This question was originally asked by me. See the link: https://www.nairaland.com/3597629/believe-god-not-jesus-still

These things truly are deep. However, they are open secrets. It appears the concept of a God came earlier than the Bible or Koran seems to suggest. Don't forget that science has proven that life has existed for perhaps millions of years. Man has always sought to know the TRUTH; about life, his existence, etc. So, many theories were built up over time. The soul of man is eternal. The spirits of men joined together makes a part of what we call God, as it is believed that man came out of God. "Yahweh" (Remember, man have called God diverse names due to man's own perception) When He said that He condemned shedding of blood, it was natural. Man should not even die for the sin of another man. The old testament says no man can die for another mans sin. God; could not have offered his Son to be offered to Him. This is my problem with religion. The distortions needs direct definition and revelation of God.

The concept of a Jesus seems to be fashioned after the folklores and tales from the Romania era. Read: Folklore of Romania. 'From about 80 A.D. to the present time, most Christian faith groups have taught that Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ) was conceived and born by his mother Mary, while she was still a virgin. They believe that this happened by the action of the holy spirit, without an act of sexual intercourse. However, the Virgin Birth story was not new when the Messiah was born. Mythology is full of such stories. An Egyptian Virgin Birth story, told about 2,000 years before the Messiah, had many details identical with those found in the Gospel accounts. What is the TRUTH?'
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/originsVBmyth.html

https://www.nairaland.com/2623336/jesus-christ-white-mans-419

sonmvayina:

there are Gods...all the religious books says so,and from our own traditions and beliefs..there are Gods..they are spirits. they do not interfere in the affairs of men without men inviting them or consulting them. The Jews never worshiped a God called yehova or yaw-eh..the Jews worshiped the creator of all..and its name is Marduk, he/it was also the God of king Cyrus and called Cyrus his servant. (Isaiah 45)..Marduk is the same as Eledumare, Osanobua, Chineke..etc, he/it is the creator of all.the same being but different nomenclature, and every culture has built there story that they can relate with using there own symbolism and numerology..
The Gods are not human beings, the ONLY way to communicate with God is through an oracle..and if you follow Nollywood or Yoruba movies, when such oracle is consulted, the babalawo usually answer using a parable. it is those parables that the Jews wrote down for their religion. it is what the babalawo says that is the world of God and it kills, but you have to listen to the message the spirit is passing because that is what gives life. a good example is the story of Solomon, it is written in the bible that Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubine, you have to understand that the numbers 700 and 300 are significant and represent something so also is wives and concubines, they are symbols,so if you dont understand what they symbolize, the message will not make any sense to you. and all the church service i have attended no pastor could tell the message in that parable or story. ( heads up---women are symbol for wisdom in Jewish tradition, so you can figure out the message).so you have to read the whole story and learn the message within the story,like the ibo tradition where i belong, we have our own story about Chineke too we call them OMENANI..Ekwensu which the christain denoted as devil is not an adversary, he does what ever Chineke tell him to do, that is what the jews believe too as told by the story or parable of Job, everything God created is under his control including the devil..he has no will on its own outside the will of God. when God needs evil to be done, he sends the devil to do it(lamentation 3:38, Isaiah 45:7, Amos 3:6)..the Romans came much later and set the devil in opposition to God in other to sell the story of Jesus, it has got nothing to do with what the Jews believe...the messiah they are waiting for is a mortal man, not a demi God..

God exists but not as subjected to by the limitations of men. As for what He wants. It appears in every man, there is an aberration for evil and longing for good crafted in the form of law.

'God' is not as we know HIM.
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
Auki:

i tire ooo
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by alBHAGDADI: 8:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:

am a little bit confused ,while would god in his infinite mercy send someone to sacrifice himself for the adornment of peoples sin,why can god just forgive us all and give us a new life since he is all forgiven,now that u said jesus died for our sins,that was about 2000 yrs ago,
You probably thought Christ came to die for our sins alone. What you don't know is that he also came to conquer death, that he did by resurrecting after 3 days. This means that all those who believe in him, even though they may die, they are guaranteed resurrection and eternal life in the last days.

abdulkabirO:

now that we have fresh sins,will another person be sacrificed or what,or that single sacrifice is enough
The single sacrifice is enough as long as you keep believing and obeying him.

In the past, people sacrificed animals for the atonement of sins. Considering the rate at which we sin today, don't you think that the amount of animals we would have left on earth will be very few if humans had kept sacrificing animals for the atonement of their sins? That's why Christianity came to shed his blood once and for all.

abdulkabirO:

If God just forgives you, then you will have no hope for eternity. Death will just take you away and that will be your end. But with the Holy lamb, death is conquered and eternal life is certain for all who believed.

Christ sacrificing himself for you to have life is similar to you killing a chicken cos you want to eat so as to have life over death, at least for a day.

If you can't question why a chicken has to die for you to eat and have life, then why do you find it strange that God sent someone to die for mankind to have life in abundance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by alBHAGDADI: 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:

so jesus christ is a lamb now that was sacrificed,thats quiet funny bro,some said he is god,some said son of god,now you are saying a lamb.ok oo
It is very obvious that you are not here to learn but to mock Christianity with empty reasoning. It is clear that you are just one of those terrorist Muslims who is looking for holes in Christianity that has none.

You claim to be a religious student in 300level but your writing is very poor. Concentrate on secular academics instead of arguing about religion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by orunto27: 8:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
The Bible says don't kill neither yourself nor anyone. The Bible doesn't say that you can't be killed? Jesus was killed by The Jews and not by God.
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by twosquare(m): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:

It doesn't work that way, bro. We have legal system in the spiritual realm and every action have consequences. It is like saying why shouldn't the Judge of a Supreme Court in Abuja release a criminal caught in the act because he says, "I'm sorry" or an ebola patient be released by the doctor because he/she wants to visit home. What can take away the sin of Adam was another Adam (Jesus is the last Adam; 1 corinthians 15:21-22), and this can be done by shedding the blood of a pure/sinless Adam for the remission of His race. Adam is meant to come to God but to do that; everything called man in him must go, for only God glorifies, and Jesus took all the pain to achieve that for His race (me, you, us).

The single sacrifice is enough. All the sins you see people committing via any means has been settled on the cross once and for all, and most people are doing it due to ignorance (including believers). Why is it ignorance; we do not know that we learn sin; it is not just a nature..most sins were learnt...righteousness also needed to be taught; you can learn righteousness.
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by delishpot: 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
abdulkabirO:

OK, here goes or at least here is how I believe it goes. The people lost touch with the divine plan. God sent someone whom we call Jesus to lead people back on the right path. God knew that once Jesus comes to earth, the stubborn people who would not want positive change would plot and kill him. God knew that Jesus would not live long in human flesh, due to the stubbornes of the people of that era. But, the.message needed to be preached, someone had to come to do the work yet again(cos the peoe of that time are found of klling the prophets)he felt the sacrifice is a price worthy of the act Jesus would come to play on earth. Thereby making people say, God sacrifice his son for the world to hear the Gospel and be saved. God did not say to the people, here this is my son, go ahead and kill him so his blood would save you. Rather the peoe themselves wanted to kill Jesus for what he preached. For being radical and introducing new ways of thinking to the people. The people who were under the bondage of the religiuos leaders of the time. Jesus was clearly against how they ran the show. How they turned Gods work to a profiteering establishment selling and exchanging money for profit. People reffer to the saving blood of Christ in the same way they refer to someone who dies in battle for the freedom of his people. Even Jesus did not ask anyone to see his blood as sacred.It was the appostles in the Bible that linked Jesus' blood to saving and all that. Jesus never asked for people to use his blood as anything if I am not mistaken. There you have it.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 12:35am On Feb 05, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
It is very obvious that you are not here to learn but to mock Christianity with empty reasoning. It is clear that you are just one of those terrorist Muslims who is looking for holes in Christianity that has none.

You claim to be a religious student in 300level but your writing is very poor. Concentrate on secular academics instead of arguing about religion.
so you re running away as usual,with the excuse of my writing,ok...leave my writing and be objective,even jesus christ never knew anything like christianity,the word is strange to the bible and its doctrinal teachings
it is obvious that no one has answers to all these facts
in addition i didnt said i am a religious student,ok. i said i am a religions students...
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 12:58am On Feb 05, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You probably thought Christ came to die for our sins alone. What you don't know is that he also came to conquer death, that he did by resurrecting after 3 days. This means that all those who believe in him, even though they may die, they are guaranteed resurrection and eternal life in the last days.

The single sacrifice is enough as long as you keep believing and obeying him.

In the past, people sacrificed animals for the atonement of sins. Considering the rate at which we sin today, don't you think that the amount of animals we would have left on earth will be very few if humans had kept sacrificing animals for the atonement of their sins? That's why Christianity came to shed his blood once and for all.

If God just forgives you, then you will have no hope for eternity. Death will just take you away and that will be your end. But with the Holy lamb, death is conquered and eternal life is certain for all who believed.

Christ sacrificing himself for you to have life is similar to you killing a chicken cos you want to eat so as to have life over death, at least for a day.

If you can't question why a chicken has to die for you to eat and have life, then why do you find it strange that God sent someone to die for mankind to have life in abundance?
do u believe that the blood of jesus is sacred?as mentioned in the bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by DoctorAlien(m): 1:25am On Feb 05, 2017
It was actually Satan who killed Christ the sinless man through his evil cohorts on earth. GOD the Father simply allowed GOD the Son the sinless get into a position where He could be killed by Satan. And this act of killing the sinless man Christ has sealed the doom of Satan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by felixomor: 2:04am On Feb 05, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

LooooL wink
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by babseg(m): 7:43am On Feb 05, 2017
abdulkabirO:

I don't know why you pathetic Muslims always looking for who to attack either verbally or physically.

If your religion fuccked just switch. Oh sorry, I forgot you might get killed if you do that.

Things of the spiritual is hard for the human to understand. Interpreting the spiritual stuffs to what human will understand always or sometimes too hard for us belive just like what you are doing now.
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by Aizenosa(m): 10:50am On Feb 05, 2017
abdulkabirO:

God condemned the shedding of blood true, but it was the jews who crucified Christ not God, God only permitted it so as to bring salvation to man, through the defeat of the grave.
if you read the gospels you would notice that even the devil and his cohorts did not know the reason behind the coming of Christ, they thought he was coming to rule as an earthly king.
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by firstking01(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2017
abdulkabirO:
You are a religious studentundecided…i know the answer but i will allow you to continue to wallow in your ignorant state cos i percieve your question is rhetorical.
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
firstking01:
You are a religious studentundecided…i know the answer but i will allow you to continue to wallow in your ignorant state cos i percieve your question is rhetorical.
just tell me you will go and ask your memory lane teacher,obviously all the answers you all have given is just nothing to write home about.
but am not surprised,the bible was compiled through a medium called [/b]the oral tradition[b]\. it was never written when Jesus was alive,because of that there were a lot of interpolations,distortions,add and drop and what a view.That is why there are 1001 contradictions in the bible,you can challenge me to bring some contradictions,i can help you with it.many of our lecturers who have become professors in Christian and comparative studies find it difficult to explain all these contradictions in the so called book of god and that is why they result to having different version of the bible, i wonder how a book from god will have versions.we now have Queen James version where different things if not the whole thing has been removed and replaced with what suit the women race.
with this,we can safely arrive at a consensus that the bible was concocted and there for invalid and null
You don't need to abuse my person,i never abused any of you since i opened the thread,all u need is give me intelligent answers and you are good

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 9:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
Aizenosa:

God condemned the shedding of blood true, but it was the jews who crucified Christ not God, God only permitted it so as to bring salvation to man, through the defeat of the grave.
if you read the gospels you would notice that even the devil and his cohorts did not know the reason behind the coming of Christ, they thought he was coming to rule as an earthly king.
bros,dont let some christians hear this,they will tell you dont read your bible....i dont want problem oooo
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by firstking01(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2017
abdulkabirO:

just tell me you will go and ask your memory lane teacher,obviously all the answers you all have given is just nothing to write home about.
but am not surprised,the bible was compiled through a medium called [/b]the oral tradition[b]\. it was never written when Jesus was alive,because of that there were a lot of interpolations,distortions,add and drop and what a view.That is why there are 1001 contradictions in the bible,you can challenge me to bring some contradictions,i can help you with it.many of our lecturers who have become professors in Christian and comparative studies find it difficult to explain all these contradictions in the so called book of god and that is why they result to having different version of the bible, i wonder how a book from god will have versions.we now have Queen James version where different things if not the whole thing has been removed and replaced with what suit the women race.
with this,we can safely arrive at a consensus that the bible was concocted and there for invalid and null
You don't need to abuse my person,i never abused any of you since i opened the thread,all u need is give me intelligent answers and you are good
Hehehehe, a heap of garbage...you are too spiritually insignifcant to argue the bible with....I know all what you wrote upthere is the handwork of one agnostic and atheistic philosophical lecturer in your school taught yougrin...When you are ready for knowledge tap me at the back young lad cool.
Re: Pls I Need Some Clarifications From Biblical Scholars In The House by abdulkabirO(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2017
firstking01:
Hehehehe, a heap of garbage...you are too spiritually insignifcant to argue the bible with....I know all what you wrote upthere is the handwork of one agnostic and atheistic philosophical lecturer in your school taught yougrin...When you are ready for knowledge tap me at the back young lad cool.
story for the gods,if you are sound like you said and u have the spirit of god to understand the bible,say something meaningful!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paying Tithes From Your School Fees. Right/wrong / Please I Am Seriously In Need Of Spiritual Assistance / Sis Linda Prophency, What Do U Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.