Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) (52112 Views)

Prices Of Foodstuff Drop Significantly – Survey / Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) / Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by grafixdon: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Can't buy Ribena for my son again. From #750 to #1,500. Buhari has given us negative change

I be akinsuyi too Ó. From Osun, abi u be my brother. Lol
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by calabaman(m): 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
and worst of all... SALARY STILL REMAINS THE SAME!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by dragonking3: 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
dominique:
All I see are exaggerated prices. I'm not against the protest but must you lie to prove a point?
If the prices are exaggerated, please tell us how much is a litre of kerosene in your area? Tell us how much it is to fill 12kg of gas? Tell us how much a carton of indomie is now against N1200 that it was previously sold? Also tell us how much a dollar is to a naira? We are waiting.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by grafixdon: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
michoim:
This figures are incorrect.12.5kg of gas in Lagos today is N4200 and not N5300. 2face is not sincere.

I bought 12.5kg N5500 today. Festac extension

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by dragonking3: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2017
michoim:
This figures are incorrect.12.5kg of gas in Lagos today is N4200 and not N5300. 2face is not sincere.
I bought gas N5,000 last week so the op is on point

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by hysteriabox(m): 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2017
Y12 from 1200 to 3000
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by JuneOctober(f): 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2017
undecided That you bought sth for #20 in your area doesn't mean it's #20 everywhere. For some it could be #50 or #70 especially this period.
Gas cylinder in my area is #5000. Some other person I don't know could have bought his for #5,600. Difference in location is proportional to difference in prices please.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Zane2point4(m): 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Honestly i laugh at these folks saying the prices were exaggerated, i am even same some items there were higher in stores around me here
Pls stop complaining about the prices, maybe those saying the prices are hyped are those staying outside township come to townships or estates and witness hell,
Egg now sold for 50naira,
I bought a carton of tommy tommy 3200naira
So what are you guys saying.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Divay22(f): 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Even kulikuli o grin angry sad angry angry

I haff tireing joor
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Bahddo(m): 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Who are the people saying the prices are overhyped? Looks like your minds are so narrow that you expect uniform prices across Nigeria.

Some of these prices are less than what some people pay in some parts of Nigeria. Stop being apologists for the same government that has let things get the bad while blaming everyone else. It's stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by seguno2: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
Majestee:
TuBaba is our next presido

Why are you so cheap?
Is he the best person in our country who understands what is needed to fix it?
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Oluola89(m): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
tired of APC

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by seguno2: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
calabaman:
and worst of all... SALARY STILL REMAINS THE SAME!!!!!!

.....and is owed for several months by APC governors like the constituted authority of Oyo state and Aregbesola.
What a mannerless bunch.
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by seguno2: 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2017
NaLaugh:
Both government inaction and individual greed of Nigerian traders are responsible for the spike.
Some traders might experience a 10% increase in cost of procuring goods, but inflate the prices by 100%.

undecided

The traders look at replacement costs
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by OBAGADAFFI: 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
azzima:
Illiterate Nigerians! Can someone tell me how much a barrel of oil sells now compared to 2 years ago? ?plus the billions that is being revealed daily as stolen with impunity 2 years ago. Basic knowledge of economics is all that's needed. The same thieves that stole this country dry are sponsoring a national March. Corruption fighting back desperately! I live a very comfortable life and I have no sympathy most suffering Nigerians because it seems to me that they deserve punishment

Zombies

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by ehisanolu(f): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
It is well
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by brojoshua: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
I saw the charges in prices of things within a short period of time and it is serious and not a joke.
But can someone also help us analyse how our sins and wickedness have multiplied within the past few years. Because to me our sins and wickedness (of corruption, injustice, selfishness, greed, meanness, and many more) have multiplied more than the increase in the prices of of good. Because also the curses of God are upon a wicked people. To me we are very wicked in Nigeria and so it is by the grace of God that we are not destroyed yet and that things are not worse for us. So let us turn from our wicked ways in Nigeria and then plead with God that He may forgive us, heal our land and bless us again

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Nedsnow(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
brojoshua:
I saw the charges in prices of things within a short period of time and it is serious and not a joke.
But can someone also help us analyse how our sins and wickedness have multiplied within the past few years. Because to me our sins and wickedness (of corruption, injustice, selfishness, greed, meanness, and many more) have multiplied more than the increase in the prices of of good. Because also the curses of God are upon a wicked people. To me we are very wicked in Nigeria and so it is by the grace of God that we are not destroyed yet and that things are not worse for us. So let us turn from our wicked ways in Nigeria and then plead with God that He may forgive us, heal our land and bless us again
I don't know you and I don't wanna fuckíng know you. What the fúck are you saying for Christ sake. Humm?
So they don't commit sin in Russia, Germany, USA and the rest abi. Why do you have to involve spirituality in a thing so fuckíng real like this. Kindly relate sin, bad economy and bad leadership. You have a problem. No! You have problems
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Nedsnow(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
brojoshua:
I don't know you and I don't wanna fuckíng know you. What the fúck are you saying for Christ sake. Humm?
So they don't commit sins in Russia, Germany, USA and the rest abi. Why do you have to involve spirituality in a thing so fuckíng real like this. Kindly relate sin, bad economy and bad leadership. You have a problem. No! You have problems
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by MrPresident1: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
Nedsnow:

So they don't commit sins in Russia, Germany, USA and the rest abi. Why do you have to involve spirituality in a thing so fuckíng real like this. Kindly relate sin, bad economy and bad leadership. You have a problem. No! You have problems

Ode. Spiritual olodo. The punishment for a wicked people is a ruthless unfeeling and cruel government.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Zhirinovsky: 10:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
How dare you come here to call 2face an iiliterate? You! How much educated are you? The fact that he dropped out of uni doesn't make him an illiterate. Can you call Bill Gates an illiterate? He dropped out of uni too. Can you speak where these men speak?
Do you know some families barely feed these days because of this current hardship? Lemme just save my words!
goldedprince:

exactly. hypocrites like that illiterate are the ones we should deal with first.
the annoying thing is that an illiterate is leading so called bsc and masters holders. wtf has nigeria turned to.
they dont even care to find out how much he was paid to do this.

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Abagworo(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2017
The lust is exaggerated. As at the time Jonathan handed over fuel was above 200 Naira and gas was 4500 in Port Harcourt where I reside. Cement was only 1000 Naira on scam websites. Things have reason in price as a result of devaluation but this piece of information is false.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Abagworo(m): 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
The internet age makes it easy to refute frivolous claims with evidence in both videos and online publishing. This news was from 24th May 2015 which is about 5 days to when Buhari assumed office.

https://www.channelstv.com/2015/05/24/hike-in-price-of-food-transportation-as-fuel-scarcity-spreads-in-nigeria/

Hike In Price Of Food, Transportation As Fuel Scarcity Spreads In NIgeria

Channels Television. 
Updated May 24, 2015

Residents in most Nigerian states are facing hard times, as the scarcity of fuel has triggered hike in the price of food commodities and transport fare.

In Kaduna State, service stations are currently selling fuel between 130 and 150 Naira per litre.

The development has brought untold hardship to residents who are now appealing to the relevant authorities to address the problem.

In Lagos State, a litre of petrol sells for over 300 Naira, leading to huge hike in the price of food items. Transport fare has doubled or trippled in some cases. In some areas of the Lagos State, the amount the commuter pays depends on his bargaining power.

The price of food items has doubled, with sellers willing to see their perishable items lose value than to sell at the old price.
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Zhirinovsky: 10:07pm On Feb 04, 2017
Don't say what you don't know! N5k in yaba precisely, some sell 5k5 sef
michoim:
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by rosy1992(f): 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
This is outrageous and inhumane.
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Zhirinovsky: 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
Egg own surprised me yesterday.
Titus sardine from N130 to N300
Zane2point4:
Honestly i laugh at these folks saying the prices were exaggerated, i am even same some items there were higher in stores around me here
Pls stop complaining about the prices, maybe those saying the prices are hyped are those staying outside township come to townships or estates and witness hell,
Egg now sold for 50naira,
I bought a carton of tommy tommy 3200naira
So what are you guys saying.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by ogashman(m): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
if u don't support this protest, it is either u re not living in the country at the moment to feel the biting economy or u re still blinded with sentiments even wen it is obvious u re finding hard to survive.

#istandwith2baba
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Ofodibe(m): 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2017
Lalasticlala

Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by goldedprince: 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
Zhirinovsky:
How dare you come here to call 2face an iiliterate? You! How much educated are you? The fact that he dropped out of uni doesn't make him an illiterate. Can you call Bill Gates an illiterate? He dropped out of uni too. Can you speak where these men speak?
Do you know some families barely feed these days because of this current hardship? Lemme just save my words!
as regards my education, u are free to call me an illiterate. me dont give no flying Bleep.
bill gates aint an illitrate maybe you should google more .

"""Bill Gates graduated from Lakeside School in 1973, and was a National Merit Scholar. He got a total score of 1590 out of 1600 on the SAT and enrolled at Harvard College as a freshman in 1973 and while there he met Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO, who lived just down the hall."""
am not adding other certifications he has.

the people suffering are idiots that wont use their brain.
this is the best president naija will ever have.
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by nodullin(m): 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
Forget even about prices have skyrocketed!!! The one that makes me cry every 9t is the power situation in this country.....

Its so so annoying... I cant remember when last I saw light to even iron my clothes....

I don't even cook meals to last for days. .. cos my gen can't power my fridge...

And take note the amount of fuel we have to buy to give us the power has skyrocketed. ... and the cost of the fuel to is high...

I weep for Nigeria
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Abagworo(m): 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
nodullin:
Forget even about prices have skyrocketed!!! The one that makes me cry every 9t is the power situation in this country.....

Its so so annoying... I cant remember when last I saw light to even iron my clothes....

I don't even cook meals to last for days. .. cos my gen can't power my fridge...

And take note the amount of fuel we have to buy to give us the power has skyrocketed. ... and the cost of the fuel to is high...

I weep for Nigeria

Power has improved compared with May 2015.
Re: This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) by Nedsnow(m): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
MrPresident1:

Ode. Spiritual olodo. The punishment for a wicked people is a ruthless unfeeling and cruel government.
Lol. Make una see this executive foolish mumu of a nigga o. Now I understand your problem. O ti ye mi... Yabaleft candidate. Ride on. The road is free for you. We know your type

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It / Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? / Lagos Female Christmas Shoppers Hide Money In Undies To Beat Pickpockets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.