Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest (541 Views)

10 Most Controversial Nigerian Politicians Of 2017 By Pulse / Pro-biafra Supporters Plan Mass Protest At UN Headquarters On September 19 Pics / Group Threatens Mass Protest If Buhari Doesn’t Attend Next FEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest by centvin008(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
Power of protest and a willing government.
Romanian government repeals controversial corruption decree after days of mass protest
Romania has repealed a decree decriminalising some corruption offences after days of mass protest.

"The decree was scrapped," a government official told Reuters, adding that an official statement would be released soon.

Yesterday Romania's Prime Minister Sorin Grindeanu said he would hold an emergency meeting to scrap the decree, which sparked the biggest protests in Romania since the end of communism in 1989.

“I don't want to divide Romania... Romania in this moment seems broken in two,” Mr Grindeanu said.

Protesters were angry that the measure waters down the country's fight against corrupt officials, including the ruling Social Democrats' party leader, and that it was passed in the middle of the night by emergency decree with no input from parliament. 

Protestes continued this morning outside government offices in the capital of Bucharest, and some expressed doubt that the government would actually withdraw the measure. 
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/romania-corruption-protests-decree-law-decriminalising-repeal-scrapped-a7563736.html

Re: Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2017
How did l find myself in Nigeria?

A country with so many docile youths.

My heart bleeds.

3 Likes

Re: Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
SARRKI MAKA WHY

2 Likes

Re: Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest by subtlemee(f): 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2017
I wish this can be achieved in Nigeria

I weep for my country

1 Like

Re: Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest by dunkem21(m): 3:08pm On Feb 05, 2017
Who will bell the cat?
Re: Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest by PedroJP(m): 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2017
Here in Nigeria, our leaders will quickly tag it opposition from opposition party.

Masses are no longer in their dictionary. It is we in power ( not even leaders cos i doubt they know there are people they are leading) against opposition.
Re: Romanian Govt Repeals Controversial Corruption Decree After Days Of Mass Protest by Bahddo(m): 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2017
Elsewhere in Africa, citizens of the most populated black nation are waiting for a lone musician to protest for them, and are feeling betrayed that he could bend to threats and other pressure.

180 million Nigerians always wanting to be herded like cattle before they can do anything.

Romanians aren't cowards. I can't say the same about Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Storm Nigeria High Commission In UK, Demand To See President Buhari / Recession: Nigerian Police Man Spotted Roasting Plaintain / No Economic Recession In Kaduna – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.