Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,435 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 (48614 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Lovingmind: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:

Do you believe that smoke came from the ground and from the sky during a Christ Embassy camp meeting and healed every single person?

Seun let ask you, Are u saying that thier is no God?
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by deebrain(m): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2017
If he lied, it's his business with God.
That the owner of nairaland can set up a thread like this is unfortunate.
Mtcwww.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by seunny4lif(m): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2017
grin grin grin
Nairalanders and Bad mouth grin
MaziOmenuko:
Yea; it was a camp meeting at ekpoma. You see, Chris version of Christianity was so strange then that people gathered to witness this evangelical fire burning through the heart of a young lad down at ekpoma.

Unfortunately, some hearthens were smoking weed somewhere behind the venue. The church wasn't as rich as it were so it couldnt afford the luxury of an exclusive space. The free space available was partly used as a rendezvous for weed smokers.

So that faithful day, as the saints gathered to seek the face of the lord, the ganja smokers gathered too, b'cos they were also the children of God. When the saints lifted holy hands in one accord, the smokes from the weed was reaching out too to high heavens as sweet smelling sacrifice. Then came this extatic moment, when the venue was puffed up with ganja smoke emanating from all corners of the venue.

The smoke was soo visible and I am sure lots of peeps must have seen it. It enveloped the audience and in its usual characteristic, got peeps high and freenzy. I don't know about peeps getting healed though, but if you've ever gotten high on weed, you will understand the feeling of 'nothing is imposible'.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2017
mayorall:

Very very possible. I had a serious prayer with someone last year's March opposite an hospital at 2am. The Nurses on duty called the doctor to come from home that house opposite is burning and people are making noise from there. He told us the next day that he saw fire in the place, he stopped hearing noise and later the fire stopped and he went back home. Never saw this myself but its 100% alignment with my prayer points.OK
Choi cheesy

Bros try fear God small na grin
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by SUPOL(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:

Do you believe that smoke came from the ground and from the sky during a Christ Embassy camp meeting and healed every single person?
u wouldn't go for such videos if u don't believe in Jesus Christ. There's no better Christian than a seeker of d truth like seun. Everything that has a name exist. If it doesn't it wouldn't be named. There is God ooooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Longman6(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:
When Pastor Chris ministered at Benny Hinn's church, he spoke of a 1989 camp meeting in which smoke filled the hall and healed everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAGA0Xw4FTk (the story starts around 11:00)

This is an amazing story. The visible smoke! Every case of down's syndrome, sickle cell anemia, amputation, albinism, HIV/AIDS, etc in the entire assembly instantly cured! Every pair of reading glasses in the hall rendered useless! Anyone who witnessed it would never forget it.

Do you believe it really happened, though?

I hereby invite Nairalanders who attended the smoke-filled 1989 meeting to corroborate the Pastor's story by telling us what they experienced.

Seun, i hope you are not one of those people who believe the supernatural does not exist, it does o both good and evil, am not saying this particular one happened or not
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Playa0ne: 11:32am On Feb 06, 2017
The level of naivety exhibited by Nigerians is ridiculous. Few guys in nice suits just gather you all together and tell you tales by moonlight in exchange for your hard earned cash? This is no longer funny I swear, something needs to be done urgently!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Longman6(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:
When Pastor Chris ministered at Benny Hinn's church, he spoke of a 1989 camp meeting in which smoke filled the hall and healed everyone:

This is an amazing story. The visible smoke! Every case of down's syndrome, sickle cell anemia, amputation, albinism, HIV/AIDS, etc in the entire assembly instantly cured! Every pair of reading glasses in the hall rendered useless! Anyone who witnessed it would never forget it.

I hereby invite Nairalanders who attended the smoke-filled 1989 meeting to corroborate the Pastor's story by telling us what they experienced.

Seun, i hope you are not one of those people who believe the supernatural does not exist, it does o both good and evil, am not saying this particular one happened or not
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by phanshark(m): 11:33am On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:

it's not smoke, it's called glory cloud
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by tolguy(m): 11:35am On Feb 06, 2017
pastors and 419 hmmn
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by richdaddy75: 11:36am On Feb 06, 2017
1989 till date is 28yrs ago. Unless the 1989 video is released I personally will find I difficult to believe.

Here are pictures of Pastor Chris in 1989 and the camp picture he was refering to in 1989.

Nigerian Pastor---I hail o

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2017
Smoke keh? this one na new one o.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 06, 2017
DonCortino:

Seun what is your take on islam? Am just curious
You guys are amazing! I mean someone asked a rational question and your reply is in form of a question? What has Islam got to do with a pastor claiming that smoke was coming from the ground? Even Wiz Khalifa no fit talk that kind thing. Instead of you to use your brain, you are trying to find a way to pin this to Islam.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Abudu2000(m): 11:39am On Feb 06, 2017
Lol, that's why we have to be thankful for technology, if not by now we will keep on believing these liars and looters,lol

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Bsideboi(m): 11:39am On Feb 06, 2017
Farmerforlife:

You are right. We all doubt it.
I see you sir official spokesman of nairaland.I greet your office undecided grin
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by tianshie(m): 11:44am On Feb 06, 2017
I hope the smoke operator was paid well for an excellent job.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by chloedogie(m): 11:46am On Feb 06, 2017
Seun, I'm not sure this calls for a debate. Let me reply you like my pastor would. That you don't believe in the devil doesn't mean devil doesn't exist. I don't know your belief though, but I read posts here that you are an atheist. If you don't believe in miracles, leave those that do to it. My pastor will say never say the devil is not powerful. Just say as a christian you serve a God that is more powerful than him. What's your take on witches and wizards? If you think they don't exist too, I can refer you to someone. You might not just be able to share your experience here. If yahoo boys could hypnotize white people with a jazzed tortoise they are stepping on all the way from Nigeria, then I don't know why you don't want to see beyond your nose man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Richie0974: 11:52am On Feb 06, 2017
Seun, if you don't believe there's a God, what then is your theory of how the Universe was made? A Big Bang?
For every creation there definitely is a creator, I'm quite sure not everything is recorded in religious books as there are lots of things we humans don't understand, one thing I'm sure of is someone somewhere governing the affairs of the Universe.
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 06, 2017
SUPOL:
u wouldn't go for such videos if u don't believe in Jesus Christ. There's no better Christian than a seeker of d truth like seun. Everything that has a name exist. If it doesn't it wouldn't be named. There is God ooooooo.
Based on your logic, I can tell you that I have a "Busmgatgwd" in my house.

But there is nothing like Busmgatgwd. It is a name I came up with based on your logic. That I made up a name (Busmgatgwd) does not mean it actually exist or existed at one time or another. Likewise, the fact that there is a name (God) does not mean it actually exist or existed at one time or another.

I believe in God not based on what I read or heard from so-called righteous people. Rather, my belief in God is based on my personal experience and conclusion arrived at from objective and rational questions.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by MakeADifference: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
At the time I quoted you 59 people have liked this. Unfortunately it is YOU, yes you that will be responsible for what you've typed. Not those liking or sharing it.

Next time you want to jest or be illy, why don't you choose what to jest with from among mortals and leave God out of it? You may think it is funny but there is a limit to everything.

MaziOmenuko:
Yea; it was a camp meeting at ekpoma. You see, Chris version of Christianity was so strange then that people gathered to witness this evangelical fire burning through the heart of a young lad down at ekpoma.

Unfortunately, some hearthens were smoking weed somewhere behind the venue. The church wasn't as rich as it were so it couldnt afford the luxury of an exclusive space. The free space available was partly used as a rendezvous for weed smokers.

So that faithful day, as the saints gathered to seek the face of the lord, the ganja smokers gathered too, b'cos they were also the children of God. When the saints lifted holy hands in one accord, the smokes from the weed was reaching out too to high heavens as sweet smelling sacrifice. Then came this extatic moment, when the venue was puffed up with ganja smoke emanating from all corners of the venue.

The smoke was soo visible and I am sure lots of peeps must have seen it. It enveloped the audience and in its usual characteristic, got peeps high and freenzy. I don't know about peeps getting healed though, but if you've ever gotten high on weed, you will understand the feeling of 'nothing is imposible'.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by MakeADifference: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2017
Thank you.

chloedogie:
Seun, I'm not sure this calls for a debate. Let me reply you like my pastor would. That you don't believe in the devil doesn't mean devil doesn't exist. I don't know your belief though, but I read posts here that you are an atheist. If you don't believe in miracles, leave those that do to it. My pastor will say never say the devil is not powerful. Just say as a christian you serve a God that is more powerful than him. What's your take on witches and wizards? If you think they don't exist too, I can refer you to someone. You might not just be able to share your experience here. If yahoo boys could hypnotize white people with a jazzed tortoise they are stepping on all the way from Nigeria, then I don't know why you don't want to see beyond your nose man.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
Bsideboi:
I see you sir official spokesman of nairaland.I greet your office undecided grin

You are welcome. I return your greetings as our recognized narrator of doubtful stories.

Your story leaves a lot of holes. For example, did it never occur to you that your youth leader was also hungry and/or sleep deprived? And after he asked you, did you just say "yes" then go home, or did you confirm from others in the church? If the former, were you not curious as to how many had seen the same smoke? If the latter, what proportion said that they too saw the smoke? Did you or your youth leader (or any other possible spirit filled smoke seer) try to identify any electrical sparks or other possible sources for the smoke before you concluded that it must be either sleep deprivation or a miracle? Of all those who saw the smoke, was any single one not alarmed that the smoke could be caused by its most natural origin, a fire, which could be disastrous in a packed church, and were you or your youth leader/ fellow smoke seers not motivated to warn the other non seers to flee the possibly burning church at that point in time?

Please plug these holes, then retell the story and let us reassess its believability.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by omolorlarh: 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
seun is now speechless
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by ideology(m): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
The worst form is sickness is ignorance

How dare you argue about a God you don't believe exist ??

Seun ...

Get a life and stop arguing foolishly.

Spiritual things does not make sense to people like you.
Seun:

Do you believe it really happened, though? Can anyone who was at the camp meeting in question corroborate the pastor's story?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by midehi2(f): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:

Can you invite the people you heard the story from to tell us about what they personally saw and experienced on that unforgettable day?

Really. An earthquake. In Lagos. Amazing! Can you ask the people who experienced this earthquake to tell us the story in their own words?
you sef, you ne believe witch, you no believe church, which one you believe sef
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Arsasee(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2017
Seun:

Do you believe it really happened, though? Can anyone who was at the camp meeting in question corroborate the pastor's story?

Seun, your problem is fear of death not knowing what next when you die. This has made you confused and psychologically destabilised. Calm down, fear not! You have exposed yourself to too much knowledge and its really eating you up. Reconsider and reevaluate yourself and see life simple and you will have peace, Most importantly mind ur own business as minding some other people business will twist your life negatively. Stop being a sadist and be Happy.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by thesicilian: 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2017
Seun has subconsciously succeeded in making himself a devil's advocate. He claims to be an atheist, whereas in reality he's antichrist. He doesn't dare to attack the Islamic belief system the way he freely does with Christianity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by midehi2(f): 12:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
chloedogie:
Thank you, I have told him to follow me to my village, let him see and hear from them, inshort i will take him to one particular man grin , too many witchesssssss

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
pastor Chris was undertaker then
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by KingRex1(m): 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

WTF?? This made my day! grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by coolestchris(m): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2017
If mmm can spindle nigerianss easily by lying to them...trust me nigerianss love anything that is filled with lies

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris' Smoke-Filled Healing Pavilion Of 1989 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
@Seun Benny Hinn and Chris Oyakhilome are birds of the same feather - fakes/religious scammers/tricksters/magicians.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Priestess Ogbanje Repents, Renounces Her Juju In Enugu (Photos) / Ondo Underground Church: MURIC Asks IGP To Transfer Case To Abuja / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.