Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest (1389 Views)

Toyin Saraki Blast Police for Saying They Barricaded The Resident to Protect her / Stop Anti-Open Grazing Law In Benue State For Peace To Reign - Fulani Group / Wole Soyinka speaks on Blame Passing and actions of Socia Media Automated Mumus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by seunlly(m): 8:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
The Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, has
criticised the Nigerian police for
planning to stop an anti-government
protest scheduled for Monday.
The protest was called by hip-hop
artiste, Innocent Tuface Idibia, to
highlight the failure of the current
government to tackle several issues
facing Nigerians.
After a police threat that it could not
guarantee the safety of the protesters
and warning to Tuface to cancel the
protest, the musician acceded. He
announced on Saturday night that he
had cancelled the protest for security
reasons. Other organisers like the
Enough is Enough, however, say they
will proceed with the protest.
In his reaction, Mr. Soyinka said, “An
unnecessary but important reminder:
the battle for the right of lawful
assembly of citizens in any cause,
conducted peacefully, has been fought
and won several times over.”
Read the Nobel Laureate’s full
statement below:
AGAIN AT RISK – THE RIGHTS OF
LAWFUL ASSEMBLAGE.
Yesterday (Saturday Feb 4), the media
offered the nation a space of relief
when it carried the expected news of a
mutual accommodation reached by the
organizers of the demonstration
planned for tomorrow Monday
February 6th. The theme in summary:
public discontent with the state of the
nation and its governance. From the
beginning, the organizers had cited
quite an extensive list of such areas of
concern and demands for urgent
attention.
To my personal consternation, today’s
(Sunday) the same media countered
that announcement with a stiff
repudiation from the apex of the Police
command – the office of the Inspector-
General. It is such a huge
disappointment, and a disservice to the
cause of democracy, tolerance of
dissent, and principle of inclusive
governance.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/222633-soyinka-speaks-blasts-nigeria-police-planning-stop-anti-government-protest.html
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by MadeInTokyo: 8:54pm On Feb 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by sarrki(m): 8:55pm On Feb 05, 2017
The Bluetooth of a man Don calm down

Him Don reset him system

Prof no need for this sir
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by MadeInTokyo: 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2017
Buhari extends sick leave , could remain in hospital for more than 4 months.

https://www.nairaland.com/3612462/buhari-extends-sick-leave-could

http://saharareporters.com/2017/02/05/buhari-extends-sick-leave-could-remain-london-4-more-months

According to section ... Sub section ... Of the 1999 constitution. A president is not supposed to be away for a period of 90days(3months). If it eventually happens, the vice president Osibanjo should be sworn in as President.
I rest my case.

Wole Soyinka watch ur back

Osibnajo watch ur back

Tinubu watch ur back

Fayose watch your back

Fani Kayode watch your back

The Hausa / Fulani cabals are coming for u guys

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
Who be Soyinka?!
Wet in he suppose do na im small pikin tuface dey do
Alabosi eniyan. Na so so book and talk talk
Lazy fowl. Na to carry white hair upandan like ileya ram

No be by hair o
Irun KO ni protest!
NEXT!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by seunlly(m): 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
MadeInTokyo:
grin

Wole Soyinka watch ur back

Osibnajo watch ur back

Tinubu watch ur back

The Hausa / Fulani cabals are coming for u guys
Hmmm. I want to know your source
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2017
Sheybe him don tear his green card?Wey I dey beg am to give me he no gree.
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by harriet412(f): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2017
cummando:
Who be Soyinka?! Wet in he suppose do na im small pikin tuface dey do Alabosi eniyan. Na so so book and talk talk Lazy fowl. Na to carry white hair upandan like ileya ram

No be by hair o Irun KO ni protest! NEXT!!!!!

U dey mind that man.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by HelenBee(f): 9:12pm On Feb 05, 2017
We just tire sef for the protest

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
Soyinka should just Shut Up. He joined hand to bring this calamity on us.
We warned them, but they called us names. Now they are trying to safe face.
He has no moral righ to talk ill about this government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by debsjoat(m): 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2017
All of this #IstandwithNigeria ##Istandwith2baba @official2baba #onevoicenigeria #protest still holds tomorrow no matter what. #CNN #BBC #TVC #CoolFmNigeria #Television #Radio #SocialMedia #Internet #Youth #Nigeria #Nigerian in #America must be involved. The #street of #London must pass it on to #MrPresident ...#Trump is not special, let #GMB open his hears. #Febuary6 ...
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by RobbStark(m): 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
Soyinka shud just look for a mat and join Buhari in London or wherever he may be(dont believe he's in London). Himself and some other zombies brought dis tyrant to power by making some gullible fellow believe he is the "messiah".

He shud jus relax somewhere jare. tired of all dis nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by MakeADifference: 6:05am On Feb 06, 2017
Finally spoken. Thanks Baba.
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by azimibraun: 6:22am On Feb 06, 2017
Soyinka has visited Buhari once or twice since assuming office. When asked what discussions he had with the President, he will just smile and say it's a "fruitful engagement" He doesn't think Nigerians should know what he goes to tell the President, yet he wants the Police to present their whole Intel on a cancelled planned protest to him. If you disappoint Nigerians and the journalists waiting for you hours outside to know what issues you discussed with our President, then the police has also disappointed you by just telling you " It's for security reasons"
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by stinggy(m): 6:39am On Feb 06, 2017
cummando:
Who be Soyinka?!
Wet in he suppose do na im small pikin tuface dey do
Alabosi eniyan. Na so so book and talk talk
Lazy fowl. Na to carry white hair upandan like ileya ram

No be by hair o
Irun KO ni protest!
NEXT!!!!!
Everything has its own time. You were in diapers when he was staging his protests. If at your youthful age you still rely on the likes of Soyinka to start a protest for you then shame on you!
He was even younger than you when he started protesting against ills in the society.
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by Dosinspector(m): 7:12am On Feb 06, 2017
Soyinka na now morning break "anu ofia"
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by amarachi06(f): 7:21am On Feb 06, 2017
H
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by amarachi06(f): 7:28am On Feb 06, 2017
Please Prof, with all due respect, I prefer you stay on your Lane cos na una join hand do all his thing.

By the way, are you just waking up now?
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 06, 2017
stinggy:

Everything has its own time. You were in diapers when he was staging his protests. If at your youthful age you still rely on the likes of Soyinka to start a protest for you then shame on you!
He was even younger than you when he started protesting against ills in the society.
Cyber warlord spotted! Stay on your lane. I said my opinion.its a free world. You can say yours without mentioning names. O shaaro Monday. Carry your winch go protest today since you no get shame.
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by stinggy(m): 8:30am On Feb 06, 2017
cummando:

Cyber warlord spotted! Stay on your lane. I said my opinion.its a free world. You can say yours without mentioning names. O shaaro Monday. Carry your winch go protest today since you no get shame.
Ode keep forming Internet gangster and expecting your uncle's mates fight your fight for you, na ur mate start Arab spring angry
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2017
stinggy:

Ode keep forming Internet gangster and expecting your uncle's mates fight your fight for you, na ur mate start Arab spring angry
Ode replying comments when your mates are working. Na jobless people like Una change wan affect? Even if angel Michael be president your situation no fit change. Keep typing. When your mb finish mention me anywhere. I'll send give you. So boredom no go make you commit suicide. Reply asap from your bedbug infested bed which I'm sure you're on.
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by stinggy(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2017
cummando:

Ode replying comments when your mates are working. Na jobless people like Una change wan affect? Even if angel Michael be president your situation no fit change. Keep typing. When your mb finish mention me anywhere. I'll send give you. So boredom no go make you commit suicide. Reply asap from your bedbug infested bed which I'm sure you're on.
Kikikikiki......were re ooooo cheesy cheesy
Ema gba mi ke. Oya now my MB don finish, dakun omo'ya send me anoda
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 06, 2017
stinggy:

Kikikikiki......were re ooooo cheesy cheesy
Ema gba mi ke. Oya now my MB don finish, dakun omo'ya send me anoda
When I'm done protecting your asses. You suppose dey protest na. Write your name on your placard if ur there.
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by stinggy(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2017
cummando:

When I'm done protecting your asses. You suppose dey protest na. Write your name on your placard if ur there.
No na, I dey do my own for fone ni. U too dey talk jare, send wetin u wan send
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2017
stinggy:

No na, I dey do my own for fone ni. U too dey talk jare, send wetin u wan send
Talk!!!!! Lols. U sabi make person laff. Them don dey fight for here o. I dey come
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by stinggy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
cummando:

Talk!!!!! Lols. U sabi make person laff. Them don dey fight for here o. I dey come
go separate dem first na afterall eleran-ara bi tiwa naa ni won. Once you're done, com fulfill ur promise
Re: Soyinka Speaks, Blast Police For Planning To Stop Anti-government Protest by dfrost: 1:31am On Feb 07, 2017
azimibraun:
If you disappoint Nigerians and the journalists waiting for you hours outside to know what issues you discussed with our President, then the police has also disappointed you by just telling you " It's for security reasons"

Words on marble. No man is above the rest. Knowledge is meant to be shared.

(1) (Reply)

How Goodluck Jonathan/obasanjo Was Killing Nigerian, Illiterate Phd Holder / South Africa Xenophobic: The Reason Behind This Menance / Foreign Minister Onyeama Slams Abike Dabiri-Erewa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.