Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Photographer Under Fire For REFUSING To Shoot Gay Couple's Wedding - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Photographer Under Fire For REFUSING To Shoot Gay Couple's Wedding (536 Views)

Slay Queen, Preety Teju Called Out Again For Allegedly Refusing To Pay For Cloth / Complete Couple Wedding Rings At N40,000 / Hot Photos A Guy Dressing Like A Lady. Is He A Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photographer Under Fire For REFUSING To Shoot Gay Couple's Wedding by marieprom(f): 3:18am On Feb 06, 2017
A photographer refused to capture a gay couple's wedding because he said it was at odds with his beliefs.

Mike Cerantola and his partner Victor Rivas, contacted Giulio Granata at Premier Productions in Montreal to set up a meeting and the agency asked details about the bride.

'I mentioned that there's only going to be one house, since we already live with each other, and I said there is no bride: we're two guys,' Mike told CTV Montreal.

pics:prom dress

Granata replied to his email and said he could not shoot the couple's wedding, citing religious beliefs, he said.

'Mike, I regret that I cannot take this wedding, because it is at odds with my religious beliefs. I'm so sorry and I hope you're not offended,' the photographer said.

Cerantola said he was hurt and shocked by the response, but has received a lot of support from friends and family.

'I was with my friend and she was like, "Are we reading this right?" So, obviously I was a little shocked to hear that, and this kind of thing had never happened to me before,' he said.

Mike took to Facebook to address the incident, where he was recommended more options.

'Anyone who knows me knows I'm relatively a nice person and would never be malicious....but being refused by a photographer to shoot my wedding because I'm gay hurt me a little,' he said in a Facebook post.

'No sweat off my back..Gonna look for more, but raising awareness for others who are in the same Gay boat. Be aware, this company will turn you down if you are homosexual.'

Cerantola said he is moving past the incident and now has 29 photographers to choose from.

The Dailymail has reached out to Premiere Productions for comment.

Read more:occasion dresses

(1) (Reply)

Top African Fashion And Beauty Blogs To Follow. / Affordable Quality Fabrics And Beddings For Wholesale, Retail And Hotel Supply's / Impress Your Customers With The Best Fitness Apparel From Clothing Dropshipping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.