Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. (13981 Views)

Brand New Usb & Sd Card Connection Kit For Galaxy Tab / Send Free Unlimited Bulk Sms Without Internet Connection! / Unlock All Stations On Your Dstv And Strong Decoder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by walter147: 5:53am On Dec 04, 2009
I have heard certain people talking about accessing the internet by means of converting their satellite dishes (Dstv MyTv HiTv) decoders into a Modem.

Please does anyone know tricks and Equipment needed to turn your Sat decoders to an internet Modem.
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by tunde300us(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2009
I dont think so cos those modems works on a one way basis and ur providers dont have a link to the internet backbone.Go and buy a recognised modem for internet nd pay for its service
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by gbemiga1(m): 8:45am On Apr 26, 2010
You can have internect connection with your decoder. You can contact me. gbemiga11@yahoo.com.
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by rodgers: 8:57am On Apr 26, 2010
Can you please explain how it works. We all know DSTV modem is oneway and you need a phone line for the upload
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by ireneann: 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2010
gbemiga1:

You can have internect connection with your decoder. You can contact me. gbemiga11@yahoo.com.

Guy you are a fraud. I have a friend who works with multichoice Nigeria and I have asked him this question and he says it is not possible for now. So Tell us how you intend to do your own
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by tunde300us(m): 5:31pm On Apr 28, 2010
I dont blame the guy who is lying here,its just the poster who keeps asking silly questions.
Basic,its not possible
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by N9528GB: 7:41am On Apr 29, 2010
I just laugh and pity pple that open thread like this one, if you were not sure why not contact the nearest Multichoice in your location and get detailed correction information from the service providers.
For Your Information The Dstv modem only recieves singals, that is it cant send data or information except for the new modems that provide interactive GUI like voting,playing games,downloading of ringtones etc But trust 9ja such modem cant be available to us Nigerians have you not seen adverts or commercials that say only for South Africa only?
So get your facts right and avoid been scammed cuzz NL is a land of wicked scammers!
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by N9528GB: 7:41am On Apr 29, 2010
I just laugh and pity pple that open thread like this one, if you were not sure why not contact the nearest Multichoice in your location and get detailed correction information from the service providers.
For Your Information The Dstv modem only recieves singals, that is it cant send data or information except for the new modems that provide interactive GUI like voting,playing games,downloading of ringtones etc But trust 9ja such modem cant be available to us Nigerians have you not seen adverts or commercials that say only for South Africa only?
So get your facts right and avoid been scammed cuzz NL is a land of wicked scammers!
Re: Internet Connection Through Your Dstv Decoder. by drewjulo: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2014
its not possibe to get an internet connection through dstv but its possible to get satelight internet through a dream box or any other linux programmed set top box. if your in need of the knowledge and equipment just email me on drewjulo@hotmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Logitec Usb Portable Speakers (new) (white) For Pc & Laptops: SOLD!!! / Used Laptops And Blackberry Tour Phones For Sale @ Reasonable Prices / We Buy And Sell Cash Out Your Giftcards Now At Very Affordable Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.