Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch (484 Views)

I Want To Build Websites All By Myself. Can I? / Build Websites For Your Business, E-commerce And Many More At Cheap Rates....... / How Many Programmers Experience This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch by nomak: 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
it is not so ideal for programmers to get free templates for clients'work .A template that you can not be able to edit and even when you try to edit it you get the template messed up. Programmers should learn and cultivate the habit of building template from the scratch. looking out for programmers with the this concept to partner with
Re: How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch by Calabarchild(m): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2017
Lol question, well i can. First comment on nairaland
Re: How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch by fghanni(m): 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
We have front end and back end so you choose one.
Re: How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch by bassdow: 7:02am On Feb 07, 2017
You mean Programmers Or Designers Or Developers.

What we have especially here in Nigeria are Website Builders - they build websites by putting together Themes, Plugins, Modules, etc.

Some aren't even willing to learn hence they never get better.

As for the use of themes, I don't see any thing bad in that.
There are Front-end and Backend designers/Developers.

No matter how good a developer or even a programmer Might be, they can hardly be a match to a good or even an average front-end Designer.

Am not a Designer but I Can make designs only that I might spend 3 or 4 hours doing something a Designer would do in 2 hours and Might even Do better.

Everyone has his or her own functions. Nothing bad if a developer or a programmer decideds to use a template/theme BUT it can be very bad if you don't understand anything in it.

Other times when using a theme is good includes
1. As a starting point - Get any theme you like and build from there. You can customize it to your heart desire.
2. To speed up Design or development - especially when client isn't willing to pay well.
3. To assist a developer or programmer. They might be good with codes but not in visuals, UX, UI, best practices, etc.

PSS: When developing website or Web apps, I either start from scratch (if it's necessary) or build upon an existing theme. But when I customize it (adding and removing features), even the original author might no recognise it any longer.
Re: How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch by braithwaite(m): 9:13am On Feb 07, 2017

Yea, I do..I design my templates

Re: How Many Programmers Can Build Websites From Scratch by roaringlamb01(m): 11:12am On Feb 07, 2017
nomak:
it is not so ideal for programmers to get free templates for clients'work .A template that you can not be able to edit and even when you try to edit it you get the template messed up. Programmers should learn and cultivate the habit of building template from the scratch. looking out for programmers with the this concept to partner with

I believe it is the best way to work and learn... Plus it is fun.. template is still good na, what abt people who use WordPress directly?! Mehn! The development community in our country can't go far like that.

(1) (Reply)

Incase You Need A Blog Admin / Webdesigner Needed - HTML/CSS - Lagos - Contract - Weekly Pay / whats up everybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.