Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,336 members, 7,836,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ (803 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Stylist Luminee's Househelp Breaks Silence, Reveals What Really Happ / Mayor Of Toronto Officially Declares February 6th As "Bob Marley" Day / Tuface Idibia Announces Dress Code For The February 6th Protest (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ by happyjill(m): 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2017
2baba:The truth about the february 6th man and the frustrated antagonists.-happyjill

I would not lie that my situation as regards tubaba's cancellation of the protest was stable, let me paint you a picture of how I felt,you know when a tire is inflated and it's about to hit the road excited and expectant,just before it leaves,a nail pricks the tire and you start to hear something like "psssspsssspssss". I felt like that yesterday. But that was just emotions running,now let's use the head.

Tubaba has done so much for himself as an artist,his natural flow and killer charisma plus uncommon talent cannot be overstated. Tubaba is so real that he has not changed from whom he use to be,the, "no shaking" "nothing dey happen" Tubaba of 1994 is still the Tubaba of 2017.This is unarguably uncommon,as a star, it is a trend to start speaking "for-ne"(speaking in an acceptable accent mostly like an american or a londoner) immediately you turn a star to "kill" your red carpet interviews.You start to dress differently wear all the "blinks" and spend on cars "the boy haz arrive" hahaha.Tubaba's originality and simple life style is one of the reasons for his longevity in the music industry.His love for people around him is very evident in his every day life,Tubaba would feature "never heard of" in his music albums,accept to be featured in "am hustling to blow" singles,just to help there careers,Tubaba would relate with commoners like he was nobody,this uncommon simplicity and love for people have added to the time his "tires of fame" has lasted,while many fall Tubaba sails.He is a man with people at heart you do not need to be his sibling,cousin or friend to know this, it is clearly evident in the attitude of his colleagues(entertainers,business partners and people close to him)towards him. One of those times this was seen, was during his wedding which became like an all African event populated by stars,commoners and politicians bothe those he knew and those he didn't, it can only be Tubaba.Ants don't come close to bitter leaves.
Another time was his fortieth birthday almost everybody(stars,partners,friends and strangers) came for his fortieth birthday.Tubaba can't do anything that concerns him small,people would light the spark,he has invested in people's life that much,Tubaba is a unique character like that.

He is a concerned nigerian, a patriot by "default" he loves his people, in so many occasions, he has made conscious songs, to spark the spirit of nationalism,and conquer the silence, of sleeping,suffering nigerians,he has songs like "thief" feat sound sultan in his "face to face" album as far back as 2004 and many other songs and projects for his dear country.Even though Tubaba is not a "brimstone and thunder" activist because of his unique personality,his ernest contribution to the voice of the less priviledged are untop the sea for all eyes to see.
He is an activist like the latter part of Martin luther's activism,when he asked the blacks to love the whites and the whites to love the blacks,everybody was urged to act right,like the latter part of Nelson Mandela when he said the people should forgive the whites and the whites should change there ways. If one can cut those parts of the life of these two heroes you might have an idea of who Tubaba is, a unique blend a "Nurse activist" Not confrontationtional like conventional activism.It wasn't a surprise when he declared february 6th(anti government protest in Nigeria) it shook the nation,it scared the leaders,it appeared the police weren't prepared to control that mamoth crowd they advised that the protest be cancelled tubaba is a voice louder than one can imagine.
I can't end this without citing the events that unrolled after tubaba's declaration to protest

Nigeria is cursed with blockheaded professors and haters of democracy.thank God for the few real professors.God bless you for choosing to study rather than being friends with all bar men. Before the cancellation of the protest a nobody professor known by his students and his family members insulted Tubaba of being an illiterate for wanting to protest I heard he latter apologised,I may consider an apology after proving my point since he is an older man and am African,an elder can't be wrong in Africa.
This said professor and one other one somewhere and some frustrated wizards together with some malnurished Nigerians said Tubaba was an illiterate,for some seconds after all the songs,they sang "Tubaba is an illiterate" I had to look for my dictionary,I was becoming confused. I was starting to think, I didn't know what the word illiterate meant,I checked my dictionary and there it was, I was correct,the people were either lost or had chosen not to know what the word meant, since they had cancer of the mind.
The oxford dictionary of English defines illiterate as a person not knowing how to read and write,a second meaning,not knowing very much about a particular subject area,Now going by the second definition it means Logically we can all be illiterates at any given point in time when faced with a strange subject,just as the professor is a lost illiterate when it comes to music,production and showbiz where Tubaba is highly knowledgeable , and Tubaba is an illiterate when it comes to the professors world which revolves arround books,hypocrysy and praise singing for the king,that's settled,everybody is an illiterate,at some point. somebody said being a professor is having enough knowledge about a small thing.that aside,
Now the first meaning,an illierate is someone who cannot read nor write, hmm Tubaba attended st Gabriellas college Makurdi,and enrolled in Institute of Management & Technology's, Enugu (IMT),before dropping out to pusrsue his career, In Nigeria,at the time,you had to write common entrance before passing to jss1. How did he pass? Tubaba is more than an o level holder in the name of God why can't he read and write is it logical,is it not abnormal for a full grown man in his right senses to think somebody that came that far is an illiterate? That he can't read and write? For God sake somebody tell these people to stop drinking. After listening to all these songs he wrote philosophies and all his achievements he is still an illiterate, On which ground? If I may ask these drunks.

Let this dry Joke of him being an illiterate look for a grave because it is not funny anymore.Tubaba congratulations I heard you got a honorary degree,congratulations I heard you have seven children with different women and foolishly refused to abort them like there sons and daughters do to appear as saints again,I heard you are proud of the children and you denied non,I heard you accepted you were wrong and advised young men in your song "raindrops" to be mindfull how they sleep arround.
I am still healing from the cancelation of that protest.like the feeling you get when your star is evicted from a TV reality show,but is all good,we soon get to understand why things go down the way they do. I should stop writting I guess Yes stop writting.

By happyjill
Email: Contacthappyjill@gamil.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ by daftpikin: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2017
Too long to read

2 Likes

Re: 2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ by happyjill(m): 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2017
Read when you have time.you share though.
Re: 2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ by happyjill(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
You can read latter when you have time. Share it though
Re: 2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ by Sammypope4all(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2017
happyjill:
You can read latter when you have time. Share it though

Nice one OP. He really broke my heart too but you can't help but love him still. I wished he had kept mute rather than voicing then declining.

Nobody holy pass eh.....

1 Like

Re: 2baba: The Truth About The February 6th Man And The Frustrated Antagonists-happ by happyjill(m): 6:45pm On Feb 07, 2017
I guess his sympathy overode his passion.

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of Davido And His Alleged New Girlfriend (photos) / These Are The People Who Betrayed Goodluck Jonathan – Ali Baba And / Zahra Buhari Eulogises Mum, Aisha As First Lady Adds Another Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.