Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,444 members, 7,861,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi (664 Views)

Okorocha Gave Me The Worst Advice During My Presidency – Obasanjo / Jonathan, From Beginning, Was Too Small For The Presidency – Obasanjo / What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by sarrki(m): 5:58am On Feb 08, 2017
A founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Anambra State and a Biafran war veteran, Chief Joe Ifediobi, yesterday, blasted those condemning former president Olusegun Obasanjo for advising Ndigbo to position themselves for presidency in 2019.

He said Obasanjo was the best friend of Igbo who meant well for the people of the South-East and South-South geopolitical zones, stressing that the elder statesman should be commended for the bold step of coming out to encourage Igbo to gear up for the next president in 2019.

Ifediobi was reacting to comments by some Igbo leaders condemning Obasanjo’s disposition about Ndigbo in 2019, where they said he (Obasanjo) was not sincere to Igbo presidency, but was indirectly mocking Ndigbo. He said the former president saw far and could not be disregarded in Nigeria politics.

He stated that it was Obasanjo, when he became the president of the country in 1999, that recognised Igbo and appointed them in enviable positions since after the civil war when Igbo was relegated to the background through the appointment of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwuala as finance minister.

The PDP chieftain said it was Obasanjo who discovered Igbo’s targets and what Ndigbo could offer in the governance of the country and tapped from those targets by appointing them in various positions of authority before the successive leaders like late Musa Yar’dua and Dr. Goodluck Jonathan emulated him.

He condemned those attacking Obasanjo for calling on Ndigbo to position themselves for the 2019 presidency, saying that he (Obasanjo) should be commended for being a friend of Ndigbo and the leaders of Ndigbo should work towards actualising the dream of becoming the president in 2019.

“What I expected from leaders of Ndigbo is to go back and have serious thought about the disposition of Obasanjo and begins to strategise to make it a reality than to be firing him from left and right. Obasanjo is the friend of Ndigbo but some people don’t know it, he was the first leader after the civil war to appoint Ndigbo in enviable positions and awarded major road contracts in the South East.

“Ndigbo should know that it is time for them to correct the mistakes of the past by coming together to thinker on how to be the president of the country in 2019. Obasanjo based his call for Igbo presidency on the conflicts, agitations and marginalisation of Ndigbo in the past which he said will balance the equation if an Igbo man becomes the next president. So, we should work towards achieving that, than to be attacking Obasanjo,” Ifediobi said

http://sunnewsonline.com/2019-igbo-presidency-obasanjo-means-well-for-ndigbo-ifediobi/
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by seunlayi(m): 5:59am On Feb 08, 2017
How sure are you @obj
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by sarrki(m): 6:00am On Feb 08, 2017
Baba is an elder statesman

The love of this country is paramount in his heart

Only mischievous people and enemies of the state reads meaning to his statement on the said subject
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by sarrki(m): 6:01am On Feb 08, 2017
seunlayi:
How sure are you @obj

My brother it's just a wish

Nigerian electorate will make the final decision
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by ipobarecriminals: 6:08am On Feb 08, 2017
cool Those people are greedy lots.They are never with one accord.Bitterness is their motto/slogan.One day,they want Biafra (I type Biafra but my Mr know it all change it to Biafra.ud, don't blame me pls),tomorrow, it's another thing.They should stick with their hamlet,village Eze Nigbo title for now.We don't want counterfeit products to full market

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by chieyine(m): 6:08am On Feb 08, 2017
Obasanjo appointed NOI not because she is an Igbo but cos she is competent
Obj u are the grandfather of Nigeria politics
But that doesn't mean u should be the one controlling which region gets the presidency
Your time in Nigeria has far gone and u should be focused more on nation building not on regional politics
Have a wonderful day sir
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by TPAND(f): 6:16am On Feb 08, 2017
Obasanjo means well for ndigbo but not Nigeria. undecided
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by sarrki(m): 6:17am On Feb 08, 2017
TPAND:
Obasanjo means well for ndigbo but not Nigerians. undecided

Baba meant well for all his children
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by ipobarecriminals: 6:26am On Feb 08, 2017
sarrki:

Baba meant well for all his children

he's part and parcel of Niagara problem. Let Nigerians decide who they want not one baba impose one invalid, ghost walker, confused people on us
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by madridguy(m): 6:33am On Feb 08, 2017
No Vacancy in Aso Rock.

Sai Baba till 2023
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by Eledan: 6:37am On Feb 08, 2017
Igbos cant fight for Nigeria Presidency, they just want the same Nigerians they insult from morning till night to hand over the Presidency to them to prove they are not marginalised

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by highmood(m): 6:41am On Feb 08, 2017
For me, if an Ibo man becomes the number 1 citizen of this country, many of these agitations from the south-east and few part of the south-south will begin to fade. The Hausa, Yoruba, ijaw, Fulani has ruled this country, but I would love to see what the Ibos could do differently. I still believe secession is not the best option for the Ibos, let the rights given to other tribe be given to the Ibos before a good Judgment of them being business minded, wants to secede, hates themselves, hates the yorubas, marginalized and underdeveloped etc would be concluded.
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 08, 2017
chieyine:
Obasanjo appointed NOI not because she is an Igbo but cos she is competent
Obj u are the grandfather of Nigeria politics
But that doesn't mean u should be the one controlling which region gets the presidency
Your time in Nigeria has far gone and u should be focused more on nation building not on regional politics
Have a wonderful day sir
competent my ass

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by chieyine(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2017
xstry:
competent my ass

Incompetent work in world bank
While competent people qre /work on Nairaland cool

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2017
chieyine:

Incompetent work in world bank
While competent people qre /work on Nairaland cool
I don't get why you always make everything about you.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by littlewonders: 6:52am On Feb 08, 2017
Please who are those that treked from Lagos to Abuja when APC won? We want them to trek to London and confirm something for us.
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by darknetcom: 7:00am On Feb 08, 2017
highmood:
For me, if an Ibo man becomes the number 1 citizen of this country, many of these agitations from the south-east and few part of the south-south will begin to fade. The Hausa, Yoruba, ijaw, Fulani has ruled this country, but I would love to see what the Ibos could do differently. I still believe secession is not the best option for the Ibos, let the rights given to other tribe be given to the Ibos before a good Judgment of them being business minded, wants to secede, hates themselves, hates the yorubas, marginalized and underdeveloped etc would be concluded.

we tried with jonathan...the igbos liked him...

they didnt voted a igbo to be candidate,they loved jonathan...

ojukwu was still alive then..

do you know how glorious it would have been if ojukwu had become president??

if the igbos would have supported ojukwu the rest of nigeria would have followed....

the igbos are the real afonjas!!!...

now,nobody trust them no more..
they used up the sympaty we had for them..

zoo animal??..back to sender! angry..

they should just migrate to europe already... angry

or use the lagoon..

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by sarrki(m): 7:05am On Feb 08, 2017
darknetcom:

we tried with jonathan...the igbos liked him...

they didnt voted a igbo to be candidate,they loved jonathan...

ojukwu was still alive then..

do you know how glorious it would have been if ojukwu had become president??

if the igbos would have supported ojukwu the rest of nigeria would have followed....

the igbos are the real afonjas!!!...

now,nobody trust them no more..
they used up the sympaty we had for them..

zoo animal??..back to sender! angry..

they should just migrate to europe already... angry

or use the lagoon..

Word on marble
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by darknetcom: 7:09am On Feb 08, 2017
sarrki:

Word on marble

no,bros..its time we talk seriously with each other..

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:15am On Feb 08, 2017
Why is everyone making a big deal about what OBJ said? undecided
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by chieyine(m): 7:19am On Feb 08, 2017
xstry:
I don't get why you always make everything about you.

Sorry I don't understand
Pls rephrase
Re: 2019 Igbo Presidency: Obasanjo Means Well For Ndigbo –ifediobi by sarrki(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Why is everyone making a big deal about what OBJ said? undecided

Sis

He's an elder statesman

A Retired General

A War Vateran

A Two time president both as civilian and military

Chairman of former world presidents

Balogun of Owu

Dearie if you need more I will provide

That's why we all take him serious even if he coughs

(1) (Reply)

See The Young Soldier Fighting Boko Haram Sends Touching Message To His Parents / Kwara State @50: The Slow Walk In The Wilderness / President Buhari Called Kano State Governor Today; Read What He Told Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.