Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo (23486 Views)

Okorocha Gave Me The Worst Advice During My Presidency – Obasanjo / Okorocha Gave Me The Worst Advice During My Presidency – Obasanjo / Jonathan, From Beginning, Was Too Small For The Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by jj120: 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has sought to clarify his remarks about Igbo Presidency.

Obasanjo insisted he only told a group of visiting Christian leaders some weeks ago, that he would like to see an end to apparent marginalisation of the South East people.

He however denied stating that it must happen in 2019 or 2023.

“Again, I did not say that. You people say whatever you want to say,” Obasanjo told journalists.

“Look, Christian Association of Nigeria, Ogun State chapter, came to see me here. They asked me to brief them on the situation in Southern Kaduna.

“I have been briefed by Bishop Matthew Kukah who comes from that area. I have been briefed by General Martin-Luther Agwai who comes from that area. I gave them my own understanding of that issue.

“I told them the Southern Kaduna issue is both historical, cultural, religious and political. So if you now want to resolve the issue, you have to take all these issues together.

“And I said the problem is when we fail to attend to something the time we’re supposed to attend to it and then it boomerangs on our face, then we don’t have anybody to blame.

“I said, here in Ogun State, we have a bit of Southern Kaduna problem. I said since Ogun State was created, we have had four elected governors.

“We have three senatorial districts — east, central and west. It has rotated between east and central. And I said west has not had a governor.

“So I said I don’t know when you will get there, but if you don’t get there when you should get there and the west decides to go into agitation then you have yourself to blame.

“I said the same with Nigeria, at independence we had a country of tripod. The north, the east and the west. The north, majority tribe is Hausa-Fulani. The east, majority tribe is Igbo. The west, majority tribe is Yoruba.

“Hausa-Fulani in the north cannot complain. Yoruba, they cannot complain. Even those who didn’t vote for Obasanjo the first time, they had to accept later.

“I said the Igbo haven’t had that chance. Now, we must be mindful, that we do not ignore that. That must be taken care of.

“That’s all,” the former president added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/03/said-igbo-presidency-obasanjo/

10 Likes

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by gartamanta: 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Who gives a Rats a$$? There are more important things for Igbos to think about than the cursed seat of the Presidency which the likes of Obasunjo have sat on and messed the whole place up

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
I don't think anyone can beat the ugliness of OBJ and Oshiomole in this country.

Anyways, the two faced man will never change, always displaying his twofacedness and repping his twofaced people.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Iamwrath: 5:06am On Mar 04, 2017
wizzyrich:
I don't think anyone can beat the ugliness of OBJ and Oshiomole in this country.

Anyways, the two faced man will never change, always displaying his twofacedness and repping his twofaced people.

No matter how richly your Wizzy is, your great grand father's lineage is not as beautiful as Obasanjo's bank account grin

You can take that to the bank anytime

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 04, 2017
Haha. Such bitterness! Relax lest you come down with a fever.

gartamanta:
Who gives a Rats a$$? There are more important things for Igbos to think about than the cursed seat of the Presidency which the likes of Obasunjo have sat on and messed the whole place up

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 04, 2017
There's no such thing political slaves can do for the country if given the mandate to rule. It's funny they think chest beating can take them anywhere. Poor souls. I support biafraudd.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:44am On Mar 04, 2017
Until the entire Nigeria can replace Ethnicity and indigenship, we are moving no where.
Politics should be a platform for like-minded ideologies and execution, not tribalism, religious affiliation and business /friendship relationship.
That being said if not for equity, I don't care where the president comes from, all I need is good leadership.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by EazyMoh(m): 6:24am On Mar 04, 2017
The only foreseeable president from Igbo extraction is Rochas. The earlier they start supporting him the better.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Ahmadgani(m): 6:29am On Mar 04, 2017
Politiacal mis calculation.
Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 04, 2017
Iamwrath:

No matter how richly your Wizzy is, your great grand father's lineage is not as beautiful as Obasanjo's bank account grin

How would u know ?

Do u work as a banker ?

Pls tell us hw much is in his account.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by whirlwind7(m): 10:36am On Mar 04, 2017
undecided

Why even go to much lengths to explain what he meant?
The media nowadays are run by misfits. They would rather coin your expression in such a way that will get more traffic, rather than quote you verbatim.

Moreover, whatever OBJ says cannot, and will not bring about an Igbo presidency. We know he likes the sound of his own voice a lot, and he also loves to be within the sphere of political relevance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Lasskeey: 10:36am On Mar 04, 2017
cool

2 Likes

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Zico5(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2017
Igbo president? Tufiakwa. Can it even happen in the dream not to talk of reality. They are still manageable as minister but president, my brother stop smoking weed. Unless if we are ready to sell Nigeria cos they will be very good at that, then we can remember to make them the president. But now ko le work.

9 Likes

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Dongreat(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2017
It's so shameful that our collective political ways and show of democracy is acceptable by the so called "intelligent most black nation". Why always practicing regional and sentimental politics. The Hausas, Fulani, ND and Yorubas have ruled us since inception and the country still stinks like poo. Will an IBO president change the country or another avenue to loot and fav his/her friends and family. How about voting in the right candidate, someone who has a proven track record of excellence and the balls to annihilate corruption. With all the sectional politics, no region in Nigeria is as sophisticated as the poorest village in the UK. It's time to drop "divide and rule" mentality and start fishing for the true leaders.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by chinex276(m): 10:38am On Mar 04, 2017
afonjas will mast.ur.bate on this trend... lemme cross my leg

6 Likes

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Deathslater: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2017
we don hear
Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nellybii: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2017
If only the Ndigbo can just pull their resources together behind one candidate, I believe they've got the numbers. The big question is can they?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2017
Eeyah
Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by digoster(m): 10:39am On Mar 04, 2017
Nazeren:
There's no such thing political slaves can do for the country if given the mandate to rule. It's funny they think chest beating can take them anywhere. Poor souls. I support biafraudd.
Senseless yoruba muslim

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by freeborn76(m): 10:40am On Mar 04, 2017
I support the declaration of Biafra; there is a hatred and bitterness that pervades the southeast; not even the presidency can assuage it. Declare a referendum so that Biafra, Odua and as many nations as possible be declared so that my children will not grow up in a nation where someone they share flag with would call them afonja...the time is now!

9 Likes

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Misterdhee1(m): 10:40am On Mar 04, 2017
EazyMoh:
The only foreseeable president from Igbo extraction is Rochas. The earlier they start supporting him the better.
Many of them don't understand this. In fact, according to them he is okoroawusa grin

8 Likes

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 04, 2017
Iamwrath:

Even his airtime balance should be finer
Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Pennyways: 10:41am On Mar 04, 2017
There he remembered to mention North, East and West, I've to remind him that the southern states are still part of Nigeria, therefore we are allergic to marginalization.

All thanks to Prof. Osibanjo who just ordered the so-called oils companies which have been bought and occupied by afonjas to relocate their head offices to our land and contribute to our society development.

Inasmuch as I believe in equity, I think Igbo is due or over due for presidency, but I think freedom is what they all need at this very moment and that's very important to them and to us the southerners; freedom from parasites, freedom from afonjas, freedom from terrorism, injustice, impunity and ethnicity bias

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by fineboynl(m): 10:43am On Mar 04, 2017
we should look into regionalism instead of presidency

6 Likes

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2017
`

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo by freeborn76(m): 10:44am On Mar 04, 2017
gartamanta:

And Jonathan your adopted son left a large poo on the seat that we are still cleaning with our noses closed. Nonsense!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin And 30 Lawyers In Court To Challenge His Suspension (Photo) / Aliyu Tafida, Many Others Leave APC For PDP In Nasarawa / Details Of Buhari's Meeting With Tinubu, Sultan Of Sokoto In Saudi Arabia Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.