Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained (2011 Views)

Court Stops Ondo 16-Year-Old Girl Forced Marriage To Islamic Cleric As 9th Wife / Escapee Robbery Suspect Shot Dead In Delta / 16-Year-Old Mother Joins Prostitution In Bauchi After Forced Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by LastlyFREEDOM: 8:54am On Feb 08, 2017
Seven years after she was allegedly forced into marriage and converted to Islam, Rose Peter Chukwu, then a teen­ager from Ebonyi State, is fighting the worst battle of her life in the hands of the police and her claimed hus­band, Alhaji Olatunji Suly­man, from Kwara State.
Now a mother of two, Rose is detained with her four-year-old daughter by the Police on the alleged directive of her husband. Worse still, the whereabouts of her three-year-old son, who she was detained with in the police station, is un­known.
In the search for freedom, Rose escaped from her husband’s house, and faced with recurring threats, her family took her from the FCT to Enugu.
But on Wednesday, Janu­ary 25, 2017, the police from the FCT Command stormed Enugu, traced Rose and brought her back to Abuja where she is currently under police detention.

However, the Police au­thorities, who were contact­ed by The AUTHORITY on Rose and her children’s ordeal, claimed ignorance of the mat­ter.
The only help that has so far come for Rose and her chil­dren is from lawyers from the chambers of Gold Standard Attorneys, Abuja, led by Mr. Johnmary Jideobi, who have petitioned the Inspector-Gen­eral of Police (IGP) over the ig­noble role of his officers in the notorious saga.
Appeals have also been made to Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State and his Enugu State counterpart, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi as well as other South East governors to rescue Rose and her children from their tormentors.
It is believed that Suly­man, the current spokesman of the All Progressive Con­gress (APC) in Kwara State is using his political influence in the matter.

The AUTHORITY learnt that Rose’s three-year-old son was kidnapped inside the po­lice station in the FCT by her traducers, leaving her with her four-year-old daughter.
Rose’s problems started when she was 17 years old and even now she is 24, she is yet to be out of it.
Moves by the police to free her have allegedly failed be­cause Rose insisted that her son must be returned to her before she could leave the po­lice station.

The AUTHORITY gath­ered that “in a miraculous twist of fate, by mid-Janu­ary, 2017, the victim escaped from the gulag of her captors and consequently, her family members who live in the FCT, relocated her to the South East for her safety.
In what family members described as a dangerous col­lusion between her captors and the FCT Police Command, the young woman was picked up in Enugu on Wednesday, Jan­uary 25, 2017 and hauled back to Abuja by a team of police of­ficers sent from the Abuja Po­lice Command.
Because of the imminent threat to her life, the family lawyers intervened and peti­tioned the Inspector-General of Police and also filed a fun­damental rights action before the Federal High Court where the victim is seeking N150 million damages both against the Police and her captors.
The lawyers’ petition read in part: “We have been con­sulted and our services re­tained by the family of Miss Rose Peter Chukwu, an indi­gene of Ebonyi State but res­ident in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja prior to her disappearance.

“Our client went missing some time in 2010 when she was last seen by her family. It was only in 2016 that the fam­ily of our client got a call from her, whereupon she narrat­ed her ordeal in the hands of one Alhaji Olatunji Sulyman whom she went to visit in Il­orin, Kwara State and never re­turned.
“Upon her miraculous es­cape from her captor, our cli­ent narrated her ordeal and painted a gory picture of how she was forced to take a con­coction administered by a Muslim cleric (Alfa) as part of the initiation process into the Islamic religion. After the said concoction was forcefully ad­ministered on her, her orien­tation totally changed and she saw herself doing only the bid­ding of her captor and his rel­atives.
“This petition to your highly esteemed office is to specifically invite you to probe the roles played by the Com­missioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Com­mand, who deployed the men under his command in Enugu State on a mission that our cli­ent believes is aimed at force­fully handing her over to her abductors for purposes of re-converting her into the Islamic religion and perpetuating the purported Islamic marriage to Sulyman.

“We feel gravely bothered that the Nigeria Police which is instituted to protect rights am­ply conferred by the Constitu­tion, would be seen acting in circumstances suggesting an unfortunate collusion with a citizen to undermine the very constitutional rights the Force is created to protect.
“This has compelled us to join the Nigeria Police Force, the Inspector-General of Po­lice and the FCT Police Com­missioner in a fundamental human rights suit instituted on our client’s behalf, at the Federal High Court, Abuja, in seeking damages for her rights that have been gross­ly trampled upon. A copy of the said suit is hereby annexed as “Annexure GPC1” for your kind perusal.”
However, when contacted, the spokesman of the FCT Po­lice Command, ASP Manzah Anjuguri, said that after care­ful findings he was yet to get to the root of the matter.
Asked whether there was a mild drama in any of the stations in the FCT where a three-year-boy got missing or kidnapped, Manzah said: “As I told you, I have carefully made findings across the command and have not heard anything of this nature. I will keep you updated whenever I get any information about what you are asking for, but as for now, to the best of my knowledge, I have not heard anything of this nature.”

Source: http://authorityngr.com/2017/02/Forced-Marriage-Conversion-to-Islam--Escapee-victim-Rose-Chukwu-daughter-detained

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by drss2(m): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2017
dis reminds me of a saudi woman dat was thrown into jail for being raped. while d culprits wia padded on d back for a job well done. typical sharia principle is now being executed on nigerian christians. as it was in saudi arabia, so it is in nigeria under buari dullard.
we have entered a regime wia victims ar looked up n maltreated like d culprits while d real culprits ar deliberately leftout n treated like victims like d case of fulani herdsmen.

3 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:59am On Feb 08, 2017
o not again

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 08, 2017
false news from unreliable sources

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 08, 2017
By their nonsense comments you shall know them.
xstry:

5 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2017
xstry:

Why are u lots like this?
Its pathetic

3 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Blackfire(m): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2017
if u think Islam is a religion of peace, think again.. I don't blame the man he is acting according to sunnah and Sharia, give a man or community this two items and watch him turn to a monster.

if u are a Muslim don't quote me , am well versed in the Quran and the hadith's.. I will only disgrace u...

shout out to my friends annalice 107, plappville, parisbookaddict, gimakon true2god

2 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Origin(f): 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
Did anyone hear from the other party before passing judgement? All this saints that love to judge with JUSTICE.

What I read:
A lady left her husband and took her kids. As with all Nigerians the man wanted his son back and took it with the connivance of some people with power.

You just had to play the religion card. People with sense can deduce........ehn she will not leave the station without her son....ehn she left home at 17? from enugu to kwara for a visit....ehn they came to take her forcefully from enugu? How did they know your house.

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Origin(f): 5:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
Blackfire:
if u think Islam is a religion of peace, think again.. I don't blame the man he is acting according to sunnah and Sharia, give a man or community this two items and watch him turn to a monster.

if u are a Muslim don't quote me , am well versed in the Quran and the hadith's.. I will only disgrace u...

shout out to my friends annalice 107, plappville, parisbookaddict, gimakon true2god

I'm a muslim, your christian men with two three or more wives and who beat their wives are following what. Please stop acting the fool and act your age.

Sorry maybe you are not old enough to know your comments should strive to be civil and should address the topic.
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by EazyMoh(m): 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
As usual Islam is the target. If the man where from Kano or Sokoto am sure even the Emir and Sultan would have been roped.
How can you get a balanced story from only one side? And she voluntarily went to him from Enugu to Kwara.
At worst this may be a case of a broken home or love affair gone bad. But what would they do if they don't amplify the so called Islamization propaganda at the slightest opportunity.
I honestly wish that social media bill would be passed so that peddlers of misinformation would face consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Candyrain(m): 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
Origin:
Did anyone hear from the other party before passing judgement? All this saints that love to judge with JUSTICE.

What I read:
A lady left her husband and took her kids. As with all Nigerians the man wanted his son back and took it with the connivance of some people with power.

You just had to play the religion card. People with sense can deduce........ehn she will not leave the station without her son....ehn she left home at 17? from enugu to kwara for a visit....ehn they came to take her forcefully from enugu? How did they know your house.

Knowing that this is coming from a supposed lady makes it all the more pathetic. Stop disgracing womanhood. Nonsense post

5 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
Polygamy is abhorred in Christianity.

Origin:

I'm a muslim, your christian men with two three or more wives and who beat their wives are following what. Please stop acting the fool and act your age.

Sorry maybe you are not old enough to know your comments should strive to be civil and should address the topic.

2 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by agadez007(m): 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2017
xstry:
YORUBA MUSLIM SPOTTED

They can deny their Parents for northerners

4 Likes

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
Blackfire:

Beh-beh- beh-boo-boo- DUMB BOY.
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by BabaRamota1980: 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2017
Our client went missing some time in 2010 when she was last seen by her family. It was only in 2016 that the fam­ily of our client got a call from her, whereupon she narrat­ed her ordeal in the hands of one Alhaji Olatunji Sulyman whom she went to visit in Il­orin, Kwara State and never re­turned.

Ibo girls love to loose their virginity to Yoruba men. Even if already disvirgined in alaibo, they cant get enough...na so Yoruba d1ck go dey hungry them upandan. Lmao.. grin

Watch wetin I say, this 24yr old Rose go soon tire for Enugu anf pack up go back to Yorubaland for hot boys to lay the pipe.

Na today Yoruba begin chop Ibo poussy? grin grin
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by OreMI22: 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2017
So, now Christian girls obviously deceived and forced into marriage by the man who swore to convert to Christianity once they are married cannot leave the marriage?
But when Fulani women marry Igbo guys and they refuse to convert to islam, the girl is free to leave?

Shebi una see 'One Naigerea' in acktion.
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by timecapsule: 12:33am On Feb 09, 2017
Origin:

What I read:

Did i hear you say husband? who did he pay her bride price to? so kidnap is now marriage? if what is done her is right, may you receive a 7 fold of it as reward of being a girl. The man need to be treat as a kidnaper.

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by timecapsule: 1:35am On Feb 09, 2017
ShootToKill:

The camel-fucking fulanis and yoruba muslims don't believe in paying bride price. They just kidnap people's daughter and rape them with their disease-infested muslim manhood. Godforsaken creatures!

Their hijabian women stink to high heavens so they prefer kidnapping SE and SS christian girls. God punish all of them
The problem of nigeria is in our symbol (FLAG) that why our leaders are behaving like ANIMAL instead of SHEPARD. Our flag define our country. GREEN means grazing reserve, while WHITE means cows, goats & sheep. How do you think they can behave like a leader or got justice for the poor when they have label the nation with the symbol of ANIMAL KINGDOM. With only spiritual mind you will see what am saying.
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Ganiyat72(f): 1:40am On Feb 09, 2017
We muslims are 99% the problem of nigeria, haba must we commit atrocity just to adhere to the teachings of the quran or follow the footsteps of our prophet who married and raped Aisha at the tender age of 6? Our religion sucks to the haveans. The baberity of this our religion is turning us to saveges and anti human.
Infact I'm contemplating quiting such a demonic religion.

Enough is enough with we muslims

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by paschu: 1:59am On Feb 09, 2017
You guys are just too disgusting.

That girl was only a minor (17-year old) when she got abducted and was forced into sex slavery and islam. That author was stupid for reffering to that demon as the girl's husband. There was no marriage between them. It was all a crime against humanity. And you are darn too disgusting for endursing it. It's so disgusting to share nationality with folks who think this way.

EazyMoh:
As usual Islam is the target. If the man where from Kano or Sokoto am sure even the Emir and Sultan would have been roped.
How can you get a balanced story from only one side? And she voluntarily went to him from Enugu to Kwara.
At worst this may be a case of a broken home or love affair gone bad. But what would they do if they don't amplify the so called Islamization propaganda at the slightest opportunity.
I honestly wish that social media bill would be passed so that peddlers of misinformation would face consequences.
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by koma1(m): 2:39am On Feb 09, 2017
Ganiyat72:
We muslims are 99% the problem of nigeria, haba must we commit atrocity just to adhere to the teachings of the quran or follow the footsteps of our prophet who married and raped Aisha at the tender age of 6? Our religion sucks to the haveans. The baberity of this our religion is turning us to saveges and anti human.

Even from your comment I know you are not a Muslim because a Muslim will not make such comment but if you are then people like you are the problem of islam because you misinterpret the religion without knowledge. My advice to you is that u should seek knowledge about Islam. May Allah guide you to the right path
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by smogup: 4:27am On Feb 09, 2017
religion of peace indeed
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by ojlifa: 6:00am On Feb 09, 2017
I am tired of this rubbish,she was 17 yet she traveled unaccompanied to go and see a man,her parent should be arrested for child abandonment ,second she got married and from her statement under the advice of her family which clearly shows there thinking by always mentioning there state and the man state decided she wanted to leave that is allowed by law,however it is the court who decides who keeps the children not her family,meaning the woman can not leave with the children without an agreement from there father,it is clear her family has a problem with the man been from the North and a Muslim which amounts to racism,tribalism and religion bigotry but a lot of families do it especially in the east .so there is no case here,if she has the girl child the police should leave the male child with the man,till when ever the court makes a ruling
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by policy12: 6:19am On Feb 09, 2017
Hmmm

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by EazyMoh(m): 9:27am On Feb 09, 2017
paschu:
You guys are just too disgusting.

That girl was only a minor (17-year old) when she got abducted and was forced into sex slavery and islam. That author was stupid for reffering to that demon as the girl's husband. There was no marriage between them. It was all a crime against humanity. And you are darn too disgusting for endursing it. It's so disgusting to share nationality with folks who think this way.

lol! Do us all a favor then, go kill yourself!
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2017
A 17 year old minor would travel alone to go see a man? grin na so the dick_ sweet abi?

See everything about Islam na lie. I sorry for them sha.
Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by thewarrior72: 11:34am On Feb 09, 2017
Ganiyat72:

koma1:

Even from your comment I know you are not a Muslim because a Muslim will not make such comment but if you are then people like you are the problem of islam because you misinterpret the religion without knowledge. My advice to you is that u should seek knowledge about Islam. May Allah guide you to the right path

That post u quoted was from a sensible human being, who have not allow religion to deprive him/her of congnitive reasoning.

If all muslims reason like that nigeria and the entire world will be a peaceful place to live

1 Like

Re: Forced Marriage/conversion To Islam:escapee Victim Rose Chukwu Daughter Detained by alfarouq(m): 11:37am On Feb 09, 2017
This gold digger and op think every one is a fool. A last that left her home town claiming she wants to meet her friend Alhaji sulayman, was given a matrix car she cruises around has a shop. Endured the marriage till she gave birth to two children has her own shop and some cash in her accounts now fills she has squeezed enough and now claim she was forcefully converted. I saw one of her pictures on some thread some days back dressed in Islamic attire and one doesn't need an oracle to tell you she was not coerced.
If the gold digger wants to go, he should allow her but the kids are staying.
If she claims she is their mother he is also their father.
I just hope the op is not also the greedy type because the end of greed is always regrets.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This Two Criminals At Idumota Lagos State / "You And My To To Na Mate?" - Angry Olosho Blasts Guy After He Had Her All Throu / Proud Boy TRUMP Rioter: ‘please Dont Arrest Me . . . I’m Married To Black Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.